you cant tell me that denzel didnt deserve the "best actor" award in glory.

Options
2»

Comments

• TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    denzel deserves an oscar for every film he has done.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    denzel deserves an oscar for every film he has done.

quoted for emphasis
    Yea, he still won Best Supporting Actor though for "Glory". I feel that was the 1st performance that Hollywood had to bow down to Denzel that he was going to become one of the future GOATS. Denzel been getting robbed by the Academy. Don't get me wrong, he was gangsta as ? in "Training Day" but Denzel should have 4 Oscars by now Here are all his nominations and wins:

Cry Freedom (loss)- His 1st nomination. He was nominated for Supporting Actor.
    Glory (Win) - He won Best Supporting Actor
    Malcolm X (Loss) - He lost to Al Pacino cause the Academy had robbed him for 20 years but he still deserved it
    Hurricane (Loss) - He lost to Kevin Spacy for "American Beauty" which was a great performance not better than Denzel's though, he still won the Golden Globe
    Training Day (Win) - He beat out Russell Crow at the Oscars but lost to him in the Golden Globes.

Honorable Mentions:

* Philadelphia (How are they going to give Tom Hanks the Oscar and not even nominate Denzel as if he didn't go toe to toe with Tom?)
    *Crimson Tide (Him and Gene Hackman should of been nominated for their great performances in this film)

Again, Denzel should have 4 Oscars but we all know the Oscars are racist so he got robbed. I got mad love for Denzel, I just saw "Unstoppable" last week and that was a pretty good movie. Here's some Denzel Trivia for you. Do you realize that Denzel's films have grossed over 3 Billion Dollars and he has never made a sequel. That's amazing cause his catalog is mostly drama's and doesn't have many blockbusters. So people go to watch Denzel for Denzel, not sequels or special effects. Oh yea, he went extra hard on "Book of Eli".

? his supporting role was better than the leading role. broderrick couldnt hold a candle to denzel.
    motrilla wrote: »
    Denzel did win the oscar for his role in Glory it was supporting actor because he wasn't the lead role

? a supporting role read above comment.
    "stripes on a ****** is like ? on a bull"

el oh el
    kevmic wrote: »
    All the movies where he sould've won the oscar were all movies where he went against the white man and won. Ain't no Academy awarding the black man for being the hero in a movie and the white man is the bad guy. Malcom X, The Hurricane, and Glory were all movies where he was the oppressed ? with the nerve to buck against the whaite man's oppression. But once he became the villian who was an ? to his community and was killed mafia style at the end, all of a sudden he deserved the oscar. Same with Halle Berry. Who didn't win ? for her amazing performance as Dorothy Dandridge, But when she played the crackhead who gets ? like a prostitute by Billy Bob Thorton in Monster's Ball, give her the Oscar!! The academy will only award blacks who are in high demand who will go out of their way to not be seen in a good light.

you aint nevered lied
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    "Sheeyit, ? forgot to duck"
    FTW

that was like the funniest ? in the movie.
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i aint gone lie either. when them ? were about to go to war and they where singin i could feel these ? pain. now i aint never been to war or been a slaver per se but with that scene i felt they pain, fears, agnst and all that ? . one of my favorite movies. "mmmm hmmmmmm. mmmmm hhhmmmmm. oh my lawd, lawd, lawd , lawd"
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    he did his thing in american gangster too
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    i aint gone lie either. when them ? were about to go to war and they where singin i could feel these ? pain. now i aint never been to war or been a slaver per se but with that scene i felt they pain, fears, agnst and all that ? . one of my favorite movies. "mmmm hmmmmmm. mmmmm hhhmmmmm. oh my lawd, lawd, lawd , lawd"

thats my favorite scene......
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    great ? people. great ?
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    bruh i was talking about "the powers that be". and who cares if i wasn't born???? i already seen the movie before

what do u mean "the powers that be"?? he DID win the Oscar.... the "powers that be" DID award him with the Oscar.... what u talkin bout son?
  • radaman
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    All the movies where he sould've won the oscar were all movies where he went against the white man and won. Ain't no Academy awarding the black man for being the hero in a movie and the white man is the bad guy. Malcom X, The Hurricane, and Glory were all movies where he was the oppressed ? with the nerve to buck against the whaite man's oppression. But once he became the villian who was an ? to his community and was killed mafia style at the end, all of a sudden he deserved the oscar. Same with Halle Berry. Who didn't win ? for her amazing performance as Dorothy Dandridge, But when she played the crackhead who gets ? like a prostitute by Billy Bob Thorton in Monster's Ball, give her the Oscar!! The academy will only award blacks who are in high demand who will go out of their way to not be seen in a good light.

lol am I missing something? he DID win for this movie.... he didnt win best actor because he wasnt the lead role.... whats goin on in here guys? lol
  • radaman
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I see what yall ? are saying, Denzel laid it down in the film but he WASNT the lead role.... Im a huge Denzel stan myself but are we gonna go around and start handing Best Actor awards to people who arent the lead actor???? lmao
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    what do u mean "the powers that be"?? he DID win the Oscar.... the "powers that be" DID award him with the Oscar.... what u talkin bout son?

shhhhhh. they are hearing you.
  • radaman
    edited November 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    shhhhhh. they are hearing you.

lol yall ? still scared of these people? smh
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol yall ? still scared of these people? smh

shhhhhh. i don't know what are you talking about..........lol
  • radaman
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol.....................
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    radaman i know what you talkin bout but i didnt watch the movie for the white boy. if the white boy had every ? line in their i still wouldnt know he exsisted. im just saying if a supporting actors role outshines the lead then he should get the best actor award. and lets be real, can we really say tripp was a supporting role?
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    this is that ? ?
  • radaman
    edited November 2010
    Options
    radaman i know what you talkin bout but i didnt watch the movie for the white boy. if the white boy had every ? line in their i still wouldnt know he exsisted. im just saying if a supporting actors role outshines the lead then he should get the best actor award. and lets be real, can we really say tripp was a supporting role?

I feel u son but u know what Im sayin... Denzel wasnt the star yet.... that role put him on the map tho
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I feel u son but u know what Im sayin... Denzel wasnt the star yet.... that role put him on the map tho

man i would give up ? for ever just to play tripp in a remake of glory. "biscuits and gravy?"
  • radaman
    edited November 2010
    Options
    man i would give up ? for ever just to play tripp in a remake of glory. "biscuits and gravy?"

lol... nah bruh
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol... nah bruh

you sick to be tripp. that ? was realler than all these ? other than kunta and nat.
  • radaman
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you sick to be tripp. that ? was realler than all these ? other than kunta and nat.

gettin ? (forever)>>>>>> movie role