The Social Lounge's INTELLIGENT PEOPLE: Put me on some info on the richest familes..

Options
luke skywalker
luke skywalker Banned Users Posts: 147
edited November 2010 in The Social Lounge
in the world like the DuPonts, gety's etc.

what their influences, purpose,and how did they get their money. are they in the Illuminati? do they really control the world?? enlightening me.:cool:

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    today its all about Arabs and Indians (dot) bro

the Saudi royal family and ? like that

and no, its not a satanic cult of illuminati

its just capitalism.

and yeah, they kind of control the world.

not completely, but they have tremendous influence.

oh, and also the prominent heads of state in China.

lol at du pont

what year you think this is, ? ?
  • luke skywalker
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    luke, that site says the list is from 1937

you do know what happened between then and now, right?

also, if its "above top secret" then how the ? does every joe schmoe on the internet with a youtube account know all about it?

think, my ? , think
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Sion dropped most of them, there's a few Arabs who are power players in the world, I don't feel like typing all the ? up though.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    - David Thomson & family (owns thomson-reuters which makes up for some 56% of the total info distributed in the world, got his start thru inheritance, father originally founded a small newspaper & expanded from there - luckily for him it was right around the beginning of the information age & media was still a super small industry)

- The Waltons (owns walmart - THE biggest retailer in the world they literally control consumer staples, sam walton got a loan of about 50k from father & opened first store, used to open up department stores in small towns & tried to sell as much of everything as he could - eventually offering more products than the competition & puttin them out of business in the process)

- The Rothschilds (although not nearly as powerful as they once were but meh lol, they still do banking for governments *shrugs*, started w/ Mayer a poor jew, his business was able to succeed b/c he trusted only his sons & made sure to leave out outsiders, instilled in his kids that they had to concentrate their forces & move as one, sent each son off to diff't parts of the world w/ a lump sum of cash & the rest is history)

- The Ambani family (practically controls the energy industry in India as well as telecommunications, electricity,etc., inherited from their father who got his start selling textiles, after that India went thru mass political change & recession & dude took advantage & began buying real estate & oil refineries)

- The Mars family (well maybe not as important but chocolate for the win LOL)

- The Johnson family (imo easily the most powerful - they practically control the pharmaceutical business worldwide, did u also know that JNJ owns the rights to the red cross ? LOL. Good ? theyve been around for like 100 years u can google this one or something lol)

- Carlos Slim & family (has a monopoly in media in Mexico & the entire Telecommunication industry as well, took a HUGE "risk" after Mexican gov't deregulated the telecom industry & w/ a standard letter of credit from the bank & investors - btw a standard letter of credit is just a document saying that if carlos cant pay the bank on his loan his banker pals will. Then took the loan & bought Telmex & America Movil, & the rest is history)

- Amancio Ortega & Family (owns the fashion-retail business in Spain, & also top 20 wealthiest ppl in the world. started w/ his wife in a small shop designing garments & T-shirts, opened a boutique, & after a few years finally managed to expand & from there the rest is history - he owns Zara btw)

- Mittal Family (the one that founded & owns ArcelorMittal - makes up for 10% of the world's total steel output. despite being born into a rich family dude broke out on his own, working in a steel mill, saved up enuff cash & with a small loan i think from family of like 30k he bought his first mill. took a risk & bought up cheap, low grade furnaces that could work faster than the bigger mills if highly trained individuals ran it, luckily for him ? worked, Nucor later copied his idea LOL in the U.S.)

- The Pritzker & Hilton families (real estate, too boring to write about)

- Li Ka Shing & his sons (the richest chinese dude in all of asia , he started out w/ a small plastics co. & worked there until he had enuff cash saved up to start his own. he started his own but wen he couldnt renew his lease b/c of a jealous landlord he bought the land out instead & switched to real estate, sold parcels of land until he had enuff to develop & from there the rest is history, later diversified into ports. His son Victor went to Canada to run Husky Energy & investments in CIBC bank, youngest son Richard went off on his own & to prove himself refused a loan from pops, ended up droppin out of Stanford & worked at McDonalds, Richard later started his own co. & began buying up gov't property w/o proper auction rules b/c ppl thought the properties were already "sold" to him so they didnt bid. Later founded PCCW & the rest is history. His co. owns massive telecom assets all over asia, europe & north america)

I'd bring up the arabs but b/c their country is small & most things state-owned i figured that in comparison to the aforementioned they werent nearly as significant.

Ill add more wen it comes to me.

Thanks, very informative.
  • luke skywalker
    edited November 2010
    Options