First attempt at a Pop track ----Go or No Go???

Options
calico_
calico_ Members Posts: 133
edited November 2010 in Fresh Produce
So yeah like the tittle says, one of the "homies" hit me up asking me do i have any Pop tracks...first thing that comes to my mind is hell naw...but i told him i'll check. I decided to try and make one...this is my first attempt. I tried to do some lady gaga weird ? ..I dont really listen to that type of stuff but i was trying to mimic it. So yeah, here's my first take on one...

http://soundcloud.com/calicobeatz/first-try
*So Blast it or trash it??

on a side note, has anyone else attempted to try to make any crossover ? ? sorta like pop etc..???

Comments

• calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah i was shooting for something different. idk if he's gonna like it though..if not it doesnt matter because im trying to expand my palate anyway
  • scotty b
    scotty b Members Posts: 216
    edited November 2010
    Options
    its a go @ 1:06...

calico... i think we could go in an a co-production on this joint
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? you are bullshittin!

This ? should have been placed on a ? 's album!

? it! Im about to take your joints and shop them.

I get 20% finders fee! Lol

the track is tight. If it were me, i would have added some claps and hats and its a done-dada!

Good job on the first try.
  • scotty b
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ^ money get out of here... lol... i dropped on track first...
  • calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol yall crazy but sometimes im unsure so i post it for the FP fam to hear.and yeah i think i had hi hats in there but i think i had that channel muted. probably gotta re export it again. I think ...yeah im probably gonna add some more percussive elements to it as well. Good look on the feedback though fellas!
  • scotty b
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nah ... i called co-production on this calico...
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good ? as always.
  • scotty b
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and I am kidding the least amount i have ever done in my life... hit me on aim scottbmusic
  • money mob
    edited November 2010
    Options
    calico_ wrote: »
    lol yall crazy but sometimes im unsure so i post it for the fp fam to hear.and yeah i think i had hi hats in there but i think i had that channel muted. Probably gotta re export it again. I think ...yeah im probably gonna add some more percussive elements to it as well. Good look on the feedback though fellas!

man...i told you to call me. I some contacts that could have used your music. Some management that was in the studio weeks ago. I dont know if they are still recording but that would have been a good look for you. I will check with my boy to see whats good.
  • money mob
    edited November 2010
    Options
    scotty b wrote: »
    nah ... I called co-production on this calico...

lol....i dont want co production. If dude gets placed off my connect. I just want a finders fee. Lol
  • calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol aight ill hit u up.. i just been bz at this ? poor dead end job ...i gotta find something else..but ill hit u up
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i make a pop beat....

now EVERYBODY wanna make a pop beat.. lol
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im my opinion it sounds good. but the lead synth sounds like it needs to be layed with some others to make it sound fuller.

i liked the break down..

it wasss raw!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE but

... ehh its raw. but the lead synth needs to be more layered. and the beat gets kinda repetitive to me
  • calico_
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im my opinion it sounds good. but the lead synth sounds like it needs to be layed with some others to make it sound fuller.

i liked the break down..

it wasss raw!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE but

... ehh its raw. but the lead synth needs to be more layered. and the beat gets kinda repetitive to me

Good look on the feed. I was thinking about layering the main synth too but for some reason i didnt want to make it too full because i wanted it to like build up and ? . I didnt want to start off too big and have no where to go to, but i might try to layer it with another weird ass synth. but good look..and when did u make a pop beat? I didnt see yo ? nuggah.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    calico_ wrote: »
    Good look on the feed. I was thinking about layering the main synth too but for some reason i didnt want to make it too full because i wanted it to like build up and ? . I didnt want to start off too big and have no where to go to, but i might try to layer it with another weird ass synth. but good look..and when did u make a pop beat? I didnt see yo ? nuggah.

nm i was joking anyway about the pop beat.