Are Conservative Blacks happier than Liberal Blacks?

Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
According to polls -- Pew Research Center, the National Science Foundation -- and studies such as Professor Arthur Brooks' Gross National Happiness, conservative Americans are happier than liberal Americans.

Take black Americans, for example. It makes perfect sense that a black American who is essentially happy is going to be less attracted to the left. Anyone who has interacted with black conservatives rarely encounters an angry, unhappy person.

Why?

Because the liberal view on race is that America is a racist society. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, a black American must abandon liberalism in order to be a happy individual. It is very hard, if not impossible, to be a happy person while believing that society is out to hurt you. So, the unhappy black will gravitate to liberalism, and liberalism will in turn make him unhappier by reinforcing his view that he is a victim.

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/dennis-prager/2010/11/23/why-conservatives-are-happier-than-liberals/

From Dennis Prager, the guy who argued that Keith Ellison (first Muslim elected to congress, first black man elected to congress from Minnesota) shouldn't be allowed to use a Koran in his swearing in ceremony.

What ya'll think? lol

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Swiffness is a KTULU alias!?!?!!? icon6.gif
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    OK, but seriously, of course conservative blacks are happier. Most of them are the rich ones from the suburbs who didn't face any adversity in life.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Well, conservative blacks think these Confederate flag flyin muhfuckas is they friends. I'd be happier too if I believed that.

That said, Alan Keyes always struck me as an angry, unhappy person..........especially after you-know-who waxed dat ass by 42 points in his Senate race and got elected President.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I agree, this is true. Because money is the key to happiness in America. And Black Conservatives don't care about being treated equal, to other Americans, they only care about money they can make.

So when White people who control every aspect, of American life, offer them money for their silence offer them investment portfolios for assisting with subjugating Black people offer them upward mobility if they gleefully promote Uncle Thomas elements...then of course, they'll be the happiest Black citizens.

When legislation is cut down or bottled up, that forces America to treat Blacks equal...then of course Black Conservatives will be happy.

Because the people who seek happiness the hardest, in an oppressive system, are the ones who hate themselves the most.

Well said...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I'm a moderate and I'm happy, usually at least. I wonder what polls have to say about moderates and happiness.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    What's considered an adversity?

You know, working hard in school to make something of yourself rather than rely on your daddies connects.

When the lights go out putting it in your head that when you hit adult hood that will never happen again

Saying "I can" rather than "they wont let me"