Loud (Album Review) - Rihanna

quietaskept
quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
I've listened to this album a few times and I can actually say I enjoy this album. I wouldn't call myself much of a Rihanna fan, but I think she is solidifying her future legendary status with this fifth album. I'm having a much better reaction to Loud than what I had for Rated R. If you haven't heard it, you can check it out on Myspace. Just go to Music (you don't even have to log in) and search for Rihanna. Under Album results click on the album name, Loud.

51FFYxLb7L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

1. ?
2. What's My Name? - Feat. Drake
3. Cheers (Drink to That)
4. Fading
5. Only Girl in the World
6. California King Bed
7. Man Down
8. Raining Men - Feat. Nicki Minaj
9. Complicated
10. Skin
11. Love the Way you Lie Part 2 - Feat. Eminem
12. Only Girl In the World

? , Cheers (Drink to That), California King Bed, Man Down, Complicated and Skin are all great songs IMO. Rihanna sounds great on Love the Way you Lie Part 2.

Comments

• MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Love the way you lie part 2 >>> the first one

There are some great songs on here (Whats my name, man down, ? , only girl are the standouts) but I felt like Rated R was her most complete and cohesive project. Cold Case Love, G4L, Wait your turn, rude boy >>>> anything on this album
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Loud is sandwiched in between Rihanna's latter critical successes & the former LPs released during her teens. The vocally matured Bajan forfeits 'album' for singles in that cohesion takes the back seat here but her catalog manages to avoid any (well, most) pitfalls. On the topic of experience enhancement, keep away from the [cloying] ballads -- COMPLICATED -- & you'll find yourself an exciting EP.
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited November 2010
    ? is catchy, but it's just a rehash of Disturbia + Sexy ? . I like What's My Name and Love the way you lie part II. Oh and I don't know how she'll manage to sing some of these songs live :S
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited November 2010
    this album was ass. only whats my name was a good track, although ? got me hard at some times lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    All great songs;
    2. What's My Name? - Feat. Drake
    3. Cheers (Drink to That)
    4. Fading
    6. California King Bed
    7. Man Down
    10. Skin
    11. Love the Way you Lie Part 2 - Feat. Eminem
  • b@squ1@t redux