"upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life."

Options
124»

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So you believe that macro-evolution has and is currently taking place? Like this diagram illustrates?

91e4gy.jpg

hilarious... that "diagram" shows transformation from a lizard to a bird and doesnt even take itself seriously

evolution works like this

Australopithecus ramidus - 5 to 4 million years BCE
    Australopithecus afarensis - 4 to 2.7 million years BCE
    Australopithecus africanus - 3.0 to 2.0 million years BCE
    Australopithecus robustus - 2.2 to 1.0 million years BCE
    ? habilis - 2.2 to 1.6 million years BCE
    ? erectus - 2 to 0.4 million years BCE
    ? sapiens - 400,000 to 200,000 years BCE
    ? sapiens neandertalensis - 200,000 to 30,000 years BCE
    ? sapiens sapiens - 130,000 years BCE to present
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What you just posted bolsters what I said previously. It's blind faith. Nobody has seen 1 species change into another species because it supposedly takes "millions of years". But rather, what has been observed in labs is nothing more than micro-evolution. Nothing spectacular my friend. So again, evolution is bogus. It takes more faith to believe in that garbage than it does to believe in the living and true ? .

i guess you missed this

The term "macroevolution" frequently arises within the context of the evolution/creation debate, usually used by creationists alleging a significant difference between the evolutionary changes observed in field and laboratory studies and the larger scale macroevolutionary changes that scientists believe to have taken thousands or millions of years to occur. They may accept that evolutionary change is possible within species ("microevolution"), but deny that one species can evolve into another ("macroevolution").[1] Contrary to this belief among the anti-evolution movement proponents, evolution of life forms beyond the species level ("macroevolution", i.e. speciation in a specific case) has indeed been observed multiple times under both controlled laboratory conditions and in nature. The claim that macroevolution does not occur, or is impossible, is thus demonstrably false and without support in the scientific community.

even so... macro evolution =/= chicken into a shark
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    ? didn't say anything... a book did (or didn't).

Correct, ? never said it wasn't possible and neither did the book.

Seriously, religion has really corrupted the mind. It talks about "free will" but where? It's corrupted them to fully think that none of science is true and all of it's dating and evolution is false. It's sad really, to see DoU so involved and stuck in religion that he can't see clearly about evolution and to say something very stupid as "chicken to shark" type of deal.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What you just posted bolsters what I said previously. It's blind faith. Nobody has seen 1 species change into another species because it supposedly takes "millions of years". But rather, what has been observed in labs is nothing more than micro-evolution. Nothing spectacular my friend. So again, evolution is bogus. It takes more faith to believe in that garbage than it does to believe in the living and true ? .

That's RELIGION! Blind faith, period. Funny you use it towards this but not yourself LOL wow..
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that very well may be part of the curse...

So natural disasters might be apart of this curse? Really, so tell me, why do other planets (which have no life in our solar system) also have natural disasters take place but to a higher extreme?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So natural disasters might be apart of this curse? Really, so tell me, why do other planets (which have no life in our solar system) also have natural disasters take place but to a higher extreme?

The Bible doesn't say natural disasters are a part of the curse....
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This ? just said for a chicken to evolve into a shark on some crazy magical npman type ? lmfao
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Correct, ? never said it wasn't possible and neither did the book.

Seriously, religion has really corrupted the mind. It talks about "free will" but where? It's corrupted them to fully think that none of science is true and all of it's dating and evolution is false. It's sad really, to see DoU so involved and stuck in religion that he can't see clearly about evolution and to say something very stupid as "chicken to shark" type of deal.

His religion programs him to take the Bible literally, even to the extent of interpreting the bible using modern terms and vocabulary which did not exist 2000 years ago. That's literally impossible to do... but his mind is so ? , he's doing it lol
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Flying Snakes' Secret Revealed

http://news.yahoo.com/s//livescience/20101123/sc_livescience/flyingsnakessecretrevealed/

LiveScience Senior Writer
    LiveScience.com stephanie Pappas
    livescience Senior Writer
    livescience.com – Mon Nov 22, 8:20 pm ET
    The snake dangles 49 feet (15 meters) off the ground, tail entwined around a branch. Suddenly, the animal rears up and launches, flinging its body toward the forest floor.
    In other reptiles, the leap would be suicidal, or at least an invitation for broken bones. But the snake in question is a Chrysopelea paradisi, one of five related species of tree-dwelling snakes from Southeast and South Asia. When these snakes leap, it's not to nosedive; it's to glide from tree to tree, a feat they can accomplish at distances of at least 79 feet (24 m).
    What no one knows is exactly how these reptiles manage to fly so far without wings. Now, a new study finds that the snakes' amazing aerial abilities may all be in the way they move.

"For any flier, you really need to know the basics: How fast is it going, what's the shape of the flier, what is the shape of the wing," study author Jake Socha, a biologist at Virginia Tech, told LiveScience. "With this new study, we now really get insight into what the exact position of the body is as it's in this really developed glide."
    Socha presented his research today (Nov. 22) at the American Physical Society Division of Fluid Dynamics meeting in Long Beach, Calif. The study will be published this week in the journal Bioinspiration and Biomimetics.
    B]Related:[/B] [URL="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/livescience/sc_livescience/storytext/flyingsnakessecretrevealed/38692336/SIG=10nirvet4/*http://yhoo.it/8YH4Em"][COLOR=#0058a6]Military eyes the glowing secrets of fireflies[/COLOR][/URL
    Aerial acrobatics
    Socha has been researching the aerodynamics of gliding snakes for years. His previous studies have found that these snakes flatten themselves as they launch, undulating side-to-side as if they're slithering in mid-air. They glide fast, between 26 and 33 feet per second (8 to 10 meters per second), Socha said.
    To find out more about how the snakes position themselves during the glide, Socha and his colleagues videotaped snakes launching themselves from the 49-foot tower toward the ground. The researchers put white dots on the snakes' bodies so they could calculate where the animal was in space at each point during the flight. The technology is similar to that used to do motion capture for video games or animated movies, Socha said.
    The snakes are more than happy to glide for the cameras, Socha said.
    "They glide; that's what they do," he said. "So they're like, 'I'm outta here, I'm gonna go down there.'"
    Next, the researchers used the video to model and analyze the forces acting on the snakes' bodies. They found that the snakes aren't horizontal during their glide; they're actually tilted up about 25 degrees relative to the airflow created by their flight. They hold the front half of their bodies fairly still, with the exception of the side-to-side undulations. Meanwhile, their tails move up and down. Video of snake flights is available at Socha's website.
    "We definitely find that there are good places to be and bad places to be, places that augment your force production and places that make it less favorable," Socha said. "It seems that the snake is using a configuration that is highly favorable to being a good glider."
    Surprisingly, although the snakes move down toward the ground, the net force on their bodies during the glide is an upward force - at least briefly. That means that if you add up every force acting on the snake, Socha said, you'd be left with a small force pushing the snake skyward.
    The snake doesn't actually start moving up in part because they don't fly far enough for the net upward force to have an effect, and in part because the upward force disappears quickly, Socha said.

B]Video:[/B] [URL="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/livescience/sc_livescience/storytext/flyingsnakessecretrevealed/38692336/SIG=10n5vqahf/*http://yhoo.it/azh5qI"][COLOR=#0058a6]NFL team pranked by fake snake[/COLOR][/URL
    Serpents in flight
    Transient or not, the fact that the snake isn't gliding in equilibrium is exciting, said Greg Byrnes, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Cincinnati who studies gliding mammals.
    "You have something that doesn't look like it should be able to fly at all, and it actually is able to fly well enough that it supports more than its body weight with force," Byrnes, who was not involved in the research, told LiveScience. "That's a pretty cool thing."
    "For a long, long time, people have thought it's a very simple process, basically like flying a paper airplane," Byrnes added. "It turns out that's not true."
    The next step, Socha said, is to work out how the snakes' body position affects its glide.
    "The whole snake itself is just one long wing," Socha said. "That wing is constantly reconfiguring, it's constantly reforming and contorting... Parts of the body, depending on where they are in space, might be interacting with the wake from the front part of the body, and this might hurt or help or be neutral."
    The findings could eventually be applicable to building small, agile flying vehicles, Socha said. But, he said, they're also exciting in their own right. "Why is it that you don't tumble out of the sky if you're a snake?" he said. "Now we have the framework for doing detailed studies of the aerodynamics."

[video]http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/nature-untamed/4891/Videos/08891_00[/video]

Well it's no wonder.

"14And the LORD ? said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:" Genesis 3:14

Wow, you really take it literally.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The Bible doesn't say natural disasters are a part of the curse....

You said it very well could be apart of it. SMH! Unless you got confused? I used to think that because that's what I was told. When everything was made it was ALL good. But then they said after the 'fall of man' we have these probelms and even that ? causes these disaters at times. So tell me why is there the same things here on earth on other planets but to a higher extreme?
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You said it very well could be apart of it. SMH! Unless you got confused? I used to think that because that's what I was told. When everything was made it was ALL good. But then they said after the 'fall of man' we have these probelms and even that ? causes these disaters at times. So tell me why is there the same things here on earth on other planets but to a higher extreme?

I said could be. That doesn't mean it is. (duhh) xD

And you asking something that can't be answered. The Bible doesn't reveal any of that and it's not my job to pick the reason for ? ...and neither is there any need for me to know or want to know something like that. sryyy
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So tell me why is there the same things here on earth on other planets but to a higher extreme?
    There are some very naughty microbes on other planets.......
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I said could be. That doesn't mean it is. (duhh) xD

And you asking something that can't be answered. The Bible doesn't reveal any of that and it's not my job to pick the reason for ? ...and neither is there any need for me to know or want to know something like that. sryyy

So you don't want to know or don't need to know anything outside the bible? Wow, really? How do you then understand? You can never understand without doubt or questions.

You said could be, then you said no. It's not both, it's one thing. Is it or isn't it. I'm not asking for a multiple choice answer, this isn't a test.

You've been 'created by ? ' with a brain, use it. Explore what your ? has created, question doubt and challenge. It's the only way you see ? right imo. If you don't you stay clouded as I see in this thread. Don't be afraid.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rite, i don't need to know 'why' about anything concerning another planet outside of what ? (the creator of all the universe and planets) said about the 'why' dealing with other planets. And if you want to waste your time trying to find out something you will never have an answer to that's your business, but please don't pull me along with you and waste my time also. End
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rite, i don't need to know 'why' about anything concerning another planet outside of what ? (the creator of all the universe and planets) said about the 'why' dealing with other planets. And if you want to waste your time trying to find out something you will never have an answer to that's your business, but please don't pull me along with you and waste my time also. End

Won't find answers? Science has answers, the answers your ? hasn't provided (whether withheld to be secret or he just didn't know himself)

Science has done so much and answered so much more than what the bible has. What's going to happen when time travel is something that is possible? It's something that's been worked on for years and they say it is possible to time travel to the past but they don't know how to get back to the present. Regardless that it's hard to get back, the fact is they think it is possible to go to the past. What can be said when that is possible? Everything that has said to be impossible without ? has been possible without ? .

Also, I'm not trying to drag you along with me I'm just telling you to have more of an open mind man. You're so caught up that you don't think the "why's and how's" of life outside of the bible. The fact is ? did create you and your brain (in your belief) you have the ability to freely think, explore, research, study, understand, feel, see, do many of thousands of things. You only exhibit the ability to read the bible and stay in that zone, which I feel is a wasted time more so than mine. You're not trying to reach your full mind capacity as a human. I'm not asking you to ignore your believe or stop believing. By all means, do your thing but also look outside and see the "why's and how's". If you could work those things in your belief, with ? then you can explain when confronted w/o sidelining the questions.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Won't find answers? Science has answers, the answers your ? hasn't provided (whether withheld to be secret or he just didn't know himself)

Science has done so much and answered so much more than what the bible has. What's going to happen when time travel is something that is possible? It's something that's been worked on for years and they say it is possible to time travel to the past but they don't know how to get back to the present. Regardless that it's hard to get back, the fact is they think it is possible to go to the past. What can be said when that is possible? Everything that has said to be impossible without ? has been possible without ? .

Also, I'm not trying to drag you along with me I'm just telling you to have more of an open mind man. You're so caught up that you don't think the "why's and how's" of life outside of the bible. The fact is ? did create you and your brain (in your belief) you have the ability to freely think, explore, research, study, understand, feel, see, do many of thousands of things. You only exhibit the ability to read the bible and stay in that zone, which I feel is a wasted time more so than mine. You're not trying to reach your full mind capacity as a human. I'm not asking you to ignore your believe or stop believing. By all means, do your thing but also look outside and see the "why's and how's". If you could work those things in your belief, with ? then you can explain when confronted w/o sidelining the questions.

I can't believe what you just posted. Time travel? WTH? You've gone mad. I'm done. This dude been watching back to the future 1 to many times. TIME TRAVEL? You can't be serious. You've been drinking. You just can't be serious. I refuse to believe that you just said that. I think I need a drink. I thought I heard it all, but wow. I mean wow. I just can't tell you how................. I don't even know what to write. This is nuts. This dude said time travel. ROFLMAOx10000000000000000000000000

Time travel? Time travel?

Time travel?

You think you gonna go back in time to see Adam and Eve? LMAO.

What? You gonna go and fight alexander the great?

You gonna go say what up to nimrod?

I can't believe your talking about time travel. Whats sad is that your serious.

Lord help us. Please.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can't believe what you just posted. Time travel? WTH? You've gone mad. I'm done. This dude been watching back to the future 1 to many times. TIME TRAVEL? You can't be serious. You've been drinking. You just can't be serious. I refuse to believe that you just said that. I think I need a drink. I thought I heard it all, but wow. I mean wow. I just can't tell you how................. I don't even know what to write. This is nuts. This dude said time travel. ROFLMAOx10000000000000000000000000

Time travel? Time travel?

Time travel?

You think you gonna go back in time to see Adam and Eve? LMAO.

What? You gonna go and fight alexander the great?

You gonna go say what up to nimrod?

I can't believe your talking about time travel. Whats sad is that your serious.

Lord help us. Please.

Time travel = POSSIBLE, possible means a chance, means it CAN BE. If you can understand what POSSIBLE means, you'll see my post in a different light. If you think I'm trippin' look it up. They haven't made a 'time machine' or anything like that but it's been spoken about and is possible.

Why the ? do you think it's so crazy when ? like this is said, time travel, aliens, etc but you think it's perfectly sane that a ? man walks on water? Or perfectly sane that Jesus was able to do what he could? Or ? for that matter? We're no different in what we believe, none of it is "INSANE". ? like this makes me mad because Christians point and laugh and call these kind of people crazy but ? , look at what you believe.