was Noah the son of extraterrestrials?

toktaylor
toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Noah may have been the son of an extraterrestrial...

Apocryphal literature which is not accepted in the biblical canon has the story that Lamech raised him but noah was not his biological son. Noah was the son of the "Gods". The story told is that Lamech came home one day and saw a child that didnt belong. He asked his wife who the child was and the wife told him the child was Lamech's. Lamech was outraged. His wife pleaded saying it was his son and not one of the sons of "Gods" that the child was a son of man. Lamech went to his father to ask for help. His father than asked Enoch what his son should do about this mysterious child. Enoch told him he should name his Noah and keep him as his own for one day he will be choosen.

Book Of Enoch, Chapter 106
"And after some days my son Methuselah took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became 2 pregnant by him and bore a son. And his body was white as snow and red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair of his head and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun, and the whole house 3 was very bright. And thereupon he arose in the hands of the midwife, opened his mouth, and conversed with the Lord of righteousness. 4 And his father Lamech was afraid of him and 5 fled, and came to his father Methuselah. And he said unto him: 'I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the ? of heaven; and his nature is different and he is not like us, and his eyes are as the rays of the sun, and his countenance 6 is glorious. And it seems to me that he is not sprung from me but from the angels, and I fear that in his days a wonder may be 7 wrought on the earth........"

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ehh...come on. Even the paragraph you quoted says nothing about the son that was born being an extraterrestrial. It says 'she became pregnant by him and bore a son.' and 'it seems to me that he is not sprung from me but from the angels'. So, going by that, they bore a son that actually was theirs, but just looked weird. lol. extraterrestrial.

Oh and sorry, but the the book of Enoch isn't accepted as scripture from ? because it's a known fraud.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I doubt Noah was a real person.... probably just another metaphorical story just like the rest of the stories in the Bible.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Read up on Oetnapisjtim
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited November 2010
    Some of the passages in the old testament were taken from ancient Sumerian texts. Ziusudra is the Noah from the Ancient Sumerian texts. Ziusudra (also Zi-ud-sura and Zin-Suddu; Hellenized Xisuthros: "found long life" or "life of long days") of Shuruppak is listed in the WB-62 Sumerian king list recension as the last king of Sumer prior to the deluge. He is subsequently recorded as the hero of the Sumerian flood epic. He is also mentioned in other ancient literature, including The Death of Gilgamesh[1] and The Poem of Early Rulers,[2] and a late version of The Instructions of Shuruppak[3] refers to Ziusudra.[4] Akkadian Atrahasis ("extremely wise") and Utnapishtim ("he found life"), as well as biblical Noah ("rest") are similar heroes of flood legends of the ancient Near East.

Although each version of the flood myth has distinctive story elements, there are numerous story elements that are common to two, three, or four versions. The earliest version of the flood myth is preserved fragmentarily in the Eridu Genesis, written in Sumerian cuneiform and dating to the 17th century BC, during the 1st Dynasty of Babylon when the language of writing and administration was still Sumerian. Strong parallels are notable with other Near Eastern flood legends, such as the biblical account of Noah.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    you shouldn't believe everything you read...i tend to agree with Chike...i doubt Noah existed at all.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    what cause is there to believe that the story of Noah was 'just' metaphorical other than a mere desire for it to be so?
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    what cause is there to believe that the story of Noah was 'just' metaphorical other than a mere desire for it to be so?

Well the fact that the story itself about flooding the entire world as well as collecting every single species of animal onto a boat is just plain absurd... oh yea and humanity going from one small surviving family to 6 billion people world wide today? Impossible....
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Chike wrote: »
    I doubt Noah was a real person.... probably just another metaphorical story just like the rest of the stories in the Bible.

most likely
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010

Even if Noah was real, the flood wouldn't have been global. The flood more than likely was in his area only, and it seemed like the world was flooded. I know it says ? saw the WORLD and it was CORRUPT in all it's ways but I think the writer didn't understand the flood.

It took Noah 100+ years to build the ark, which isn't impossible. But to fit ALL animals? It would make sense to possibly fit animals from his area in the ark, that makes sense. But how can a man take an untamed beast with him like so? Also, the water, lets say the world did flood, salt water crossed with fresh water, there's no way salt water creatures could've survived and vise versa with fresh.

There's many things that don't make sense with the WORLD flooding but more so making sense with his immediate area flooding and it "looked like the world". Also, to Noah, ALL the people were in his area, his knowledge of people on the other side would've been 0.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Yes. That's why he was selected to repopulate the entire Earth. He was the complete human, (The Perfect Hybrid). The Earth was flooded to wipe out the older human race that weren't as gifted mentally as the new species. That's why in a short period of time we see the brain cavity undergo such a dramatic transformation. This also explains why the "Gods" came down the mate with humans. As for the ship, it wasn't a rusty old wooden ship, it was advanced to ensure survival, whether that would have been a saucer on water or what who knows. And the collection of every animal was nothing more than a DNA storage bank.... or so some people claim.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Even if Noah was real, the flood wouldn't have been global. The flood more than likely was in his area only, and it seemed like the world was flooded. I know it says ? saw the WORLD and it was CORRUPT in all it's ways but I think the writer didn't understand the flood.

It took Noah 100+ years to build the ark, which isn't impossible. But to fit ALL animals? It would make sense to possibly fit animals from his area in the ark, that makes sense. But how can a man take an untamed beast with him like so? Also, the water, lets say the world did flood, salt water crossed with fresh water, there's no way salt water creatures could've survived and vise versa with fresh.

There's many things that don't make sense with the WORLD flooding but more so making sense with his immediate area flooding and it "looked like the world". Also, to Noah, ALL the people were in his area, his knowledge of people on the other side would've been 0.

He had Gods help so anything was possible close case
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Yes. That's why he was selected to repopulate the entire Earth. He was the complete human, (The Perfect Hybrid). The Earth was flooded to wipe out the older human race that weren't as gifted mentally as the new species. That's why in a short period of time we see the brain cavity undergo such a dramatic transformation. This also explains why the "Gods" came down the mate with humans. As for the ship, it wasn't a rusty old wooden ship, it was advanced to ensure survival, whether that would have been a saucer on water or what who knows. And the collection of every animal was nothing more than a DNA storage bank.... or so some people claim.

Can wood rust? Anyways...

I don't know about the "alien theory" either. I mean I feel like it has more backbone to it than the Jesus story but I'm still not convinced. I guess the whole, "seeing is believing" ? would have to take place for me, like literal UFO or alien type ? . We see the ancient people speak of "GODS" with an 's' there's no 'angels/? '. I find it interesting too how they liked to describe them on their wall paintings and how their people wore these strange devices (suits for space travel, rockets etc)

Not to mention trinkets showing planes.

? is strange, but what is the truth? Why were they so special for these other beings to show themselves and speak to them but we aren't?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010

791acdf2.gif
    Can wood rust? Anyways...

I don't know about the "alien theory" either. I mean I feel like it has more backbone to it than the Jesus story but I'm still not convinced. I guess the whole, "seeing is believing" ? would have to take place for me, like literal UFO or alien type ? . We see the ancient people speak of "GODS" with an 's' there's no 'angels/? '. I find it interesting too how they liked to describe them on their wall paintings and how their people wore these strange devices (suits for space travel, rockets etc)

Not to mention trinkets showing planes.

? is strange, but what is the truth? Why were they so special for these other beings to show themselves and speak to them but we aren't?

lol I don't know man. I love the thought of the AAT but like Religion, Science, and anything else there are unanswered questions.

Maybe they are now satisfied with what we've become and are at this point allowing us to continue evolution without interference.
    Perhaps the interbreeding is true and they are here but we are now part of them.
    Most texts reference the Gods or Star People as beings looking exactly like humans, if UFO sightings are extraterrestrial and not hoaxes or military it could be possible we are walking with "Aliens" and just don't know it.

The only reason the AAT draws interest to me is because it can better back it's case than religion can and so many civilizations speak about the same exact things, draw the exact same things, have similar stories and stuff all across the globe. The star people mating with women and helping people and using flying machines is universal where as religion is different depending on what part of the world you live.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    791acdf2.gif

smiley-hug003.gif

Let's be friendly and not assault others B.A. If he thinks a man that's 1000 years old can build a gigantic boat and travel the world to collect every animal then so be it.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    smiley-hug003.gif

Let's be friendly and not assault others B.A. If he thinks a man that's 1000 years old can build a gigantic boat and travel the world to collect every animal then so be it.

: ( I was going to put this one..... fa08634f.gif

I was metaphorically giving his head a shake for him, ya know, see if something came loose.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    : ( I was going to put this one..... fa08634f.gif

I was metaphorically giving his head a shake for him, ya know, see if something came loose.

what cause is there to believe that the head shaking was 'just' metaphorical other than a mere desire for it to be so?
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ehh...come on. Even the paragraph you quoted says nothing about the son that was born being an extraterrestrial. It says 'she became pregnant by him and bore a son.' and 'it seems to me that he is not sprung from me but from the angels'. So, going by that, they bore a son that actually was theirs, but just looked weird. lol. extraterrestrial.

Oh and sorry, but the the book of Enoch isn't accepted as scripture from ? because it's a known fraud.

Angels, Demons, Aliens...same thing, if you are from Earth you are terrestrial...not from Earth...extraterrestrial.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010

Really? How do you know this? Who's to say that? Did ? say this? Because it's very well known the bible was taken apart to only satisfy certain people for their thoughts/beliefs. Who's to say that none of the lost scriptures are legit? They all coincide with the bible, even the book of Enoch does. I haven't found any "contradictions" yet.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited November 2010
    Really? How do you know this? Who's to say that? Did ? say this? Because it's very well known the bible was taken apart to only satisfy certain people for their thoughts/beliefs. Who's to say that none of the lost scriptures are legit? They all coincide with the bible, even the book of Enoch does. I haven't found any "contradictions" yet.

They don't really coincide with the bible. There are similar events in every gospel but at the same time some parts are totally different. I believe Constantine took only those that were closely matched and tried to destroy all the others so they wouldn't recount different stories.

Even in the ones used for the bible they don't all say the same things. The ? birth is only in I think 2 of them, in some of the lost gospels Mary and Jesus were a couple and bore children, others say Jesus was merely man or just a prophet, there's different counts surrounding his death, etc...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    If Noah was the son of extraterrestrials we would all be extraterrestrials, being that everybody who has ever lived after the flood came from Noah and his sons.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    791acdf2.gif

and this is most compelling argument yet :)

cuz everything else posted in opposition to the story of Noah is nothing more than a thesis

Nope, ? promised everybody that his word would never perish and that it abides forever. Now if you don't believe that, then it's understandable how you can believe there in such things as 'lost scriptures'. And nope, sry, the Book of Enoch certainly doesn't coincide with the rest of the Bible on several critical points...but most who only casually read the Bible, failing to exercise due diligence, also fail at catching those points.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Nope, ? promised everybody that his word would never perish and that it abides forever. Now if you don't believe that, then it's understandable how you can believe there in such things as 'lost scriptures'. And nope, sry, the Book of Enoch certainly doesn't coincide with the rest of the Bible on several critical points...but most who only casually read the Bible, failing to exercise due diligence, also fail at catching those points.

Then explain. The Book of Enoch from my readings fit the bible. I haven't read ALL the lost books.

You just said, "his word would never perish and abides forever", these are lost scriptures that were hidden away for one hell of a long time, I consider that not perishing and lasting forever. If you don't then what does what you just said mean to you? The bible does say Enoch was taken up, right? He never did die, right? Book of Enoch backs that up, no?

Anyways, explain, I'm very much interested right now...
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    If Noah was the son of extraterrestrials we would all be extraterrestrials, being that everybody who has ever lived after the flood came from Noah and his sons.

So basically... What race was Noah? And where did white and asian people come from if this story happened less than 6,000 years ago?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Chike wrote: »
    So basically... What race was Noah? And where did white and asian people come from if this story happened less than 6,000 years ago?

I don't know what race Noah was. A quick google search can tell you who shem, ham, and japheth are the fathers of.