Id like to battle :)

Options
2»

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If it was who had the best pop beat, Sheldon took it.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If it was who had the best pop beat, Sheldon took it.

its not about pop

its the best beat
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    its not about pop

its the best beat

Oh ok, then yours was better....
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Im not mad :). But I was a lil confused of the rules. I thought the genre was set, and the no "holds barred" meant we had no time limit and no other type of restrictions :/. So I could of dropped some epic ? on yo ass if I was more clear on that fact. Dont call me no boi either sean pain :), Im skilled enough to be your teacher lmao.

Your beats are ok, but your attitude sucks, boi.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    drgoo0285 wrote: »
    your beats are ok, but your attitude sucks, boi.

lmaoooooooooo
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Substance??? If I may Id like to clear some things up before any more votes are cast. Yes my beat has no chord progression but that was on purpose. Timbaland hardly uses chords on his beats. And that was the genre was right? Popish timbo, neptunes type? As a matter fact seanpains beat hardly has any pop elements, only the snare (which is pretty hot) gives off that pop vibe.
    Now as for his substance. He starts off with a kind of arpegiated piano/harpsichord type sound, then comes a cheesy synth (im sorry that synth is a lil played out) that goes up the scale he uses with a slight delay. Then comes the drums with another synth that has no melody just plays and it kinda sounds syncopated dons’t really fit the structure. Now comes the strings which Im guessing has the chord progression. It just follows that same synth goes up then comes back to the I chord. Its probably a I - III – IV – III – I chord progression. Nothing really complex there. Then comes some choir sounds we’ve all heard a million times. Then we get a snare fill and it all just repeats. No drops no real switch ups nothing. (sorry to pick apart your beat like that)

Now lets check mine. It starts off with a strong synth bass, and lead synth that actaully has a melody, and my choir sound that slightly decrescendos as it progresses with an automated panning from left to right. Then comes another synth that really is used to counter the melody. The drums come in and you hear the crash that excites the down beat little. The kick goes along with synth bass perfect to create a sort of bounce that a lot of pop beats are known for, and you hear a lot of percussion (not just one hi hat). Then you hear the piano that’s just kind goes along with the lead. Then I start my verse then it leads to my chorus back to verse and to chorus again. Note though that my two verses are not structured the same, so I didn’t just copy and paste. Now my point is just cause I don’t have chords I don’t want yall to think that a lot of thought and technique didn’t go into making this beat. Chords are nice but not every beat needs one. Using melodies and counter melodies can be just a usefull.

Now I notice in this forum yall are a bit on the underground hip hop side which is cool cause I like underground hiphop to. But your not gonna really find a underground pop beat. Which was the genre we chose so that’s why mine is a bit on the generic side . Now calico and drgoo im not tryna get yall to change your vote cause its already casted and I respect it. This just for people that have yet to vote. I have no problem with losing just as long as its not over no bulla.

And damn I just wrote a damn essay lmao.

I havent listened to either beat yet but I can tell you that this is like Burger King making a commercial about Wendy's comparing their burgers to one another...its pointless, and obvious and it shows poor character and sportsmanship...another obvious and ignorant thing you said that you peeped thtat the forum is moreinto underground hip hop (whatever the ? that is).....you are WRONG. I can say almost every producer on this forum is capable of producing nearly any kind of beat. I can promise that. All in all, ? on here have been voted against (including myself) been lost battles, but one thing I beg of all my dudes on here (and if your gonna be an active member) pleeeaaassseee, dont lose a battle or get voted against and catch feelings or whatever you wanna call this ? , its ? as ? (and Im not gaybashing) but its weak, its annoying, and its ? . And Sean shut up too! (just to make it even)

I will listen and vote on these later fellas....much respect to both.
  • Sheldon Mack
    Sheldon Mack Members Posts: 33
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont think Im hot ? and im sorry if I came off cocky. I just work hard on my beats and pay attention to the slightest detail. So when theres insinuation that my beats lack substance it kinda gets me defensive. I would love if these votes were explained but it is what it is :/. Drgoo you can get it too.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I dont think Im hot ? and im sorry if I came off cocky. I just work hard on my beats and pay attention to the slightest detail. So when theres insinuation that my beats lack substance it kinda gets me defensive. I would love if these votes were explained but it is what it is :/. Drgoo you can get it too.

Yea you were cocky... and maybe that's because wherever you're from your peeps respect your work and vibe to it. However sometimes that doesn't translate to other people. You mention how you play close attention to the slightest detail, however if the concept behind the track your making isn't what people like, you could have the most impeccably mixed song that no one wants to hear.

And yea, we've all been ? on in this forum (except Calico) so don't catch feelings... It sucks when people vote against or don't like something you worked hard on, but that's life... I live it everyday... And I know I make wack beats :-/
  • Drgoo0285
    edited November 2010
    Options

so is that a challenge, boi?
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Drgoo0285 wrote: »
    so is that a challenge, boi?

for you yes, for me a walk in the park :). I posted in your thread lets go.
  • Drgoo0285
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    if so lets hope ppl actually vote on that battle...

lol I really dont care about winning or losing I just want people to listen.
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Honestly Im "acting" cocky to stir some excitement for the battle. Similar to what boxers do. I looked at some old battles everyone on here got skills. Dont take me too serious.
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    a tie is worse than losing

You need more votes for a battle?
  • Drgoo0285
    edited November 2010
    Options
    a tie is worse than losing

except it's not a tie I'm winning :-\
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I wasnt feeling either one but I would give Sean Pain joint the edge.

His beat kept my attention more than S-Mack's beat.
  • Drgoo0285
    edited November 2010
    Options
    first to 4 wins... do u have four?

i have one. You have zero. I haven't won yet but to call it a tie is reaching.
  • Sheldon Mack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    0_o I wasnt expecting this. Good battle. I want a re match ASAP.

"I will not lose, for even in defeat There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me "
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    flawless fatality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whos next!!