Have you ever been embarassed by your ride....

naomi shambles
naomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Let Me Ride
If so what were the circumstances....had you been in a wreck and you couldn't afford to fix it, did it make loud noises, keep cutting off every time you stopped, did it smoke excessively,mirrors hanging off, etc.? Have you been embarrassed riding in someone else's car? If so why?

Comments

• Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ? i always been ridin clean
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    My car died in front of a bus stop full of females once a few winters ago. I stopped at a stop sign, and when I tried to pull off but my whole ride just shut down lol. Steering wheel locked up and the wheels went off and everything just went off lol. It started right back up, but still. One of the females tried to clown my ? until I reminded her she was at the bus stop and she was still waiting while I was driving off.....
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    yeah but you shouldnt be..i was embarrassed about my parents ride as a kid...? was a gaudy looking station wagon and I hated for them to take me to school adn ? ...I was one ungrateful lil ? ...i had a car breakdown in the middle of a drive thru(a cook out ...peeked the charlotte location so I know you know) and that ? was mad embarrassing.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    LMAO at some of ya'lls story.

Like wayyyyy back in the day, I had a friend who had took her mom's car, not a ugly ass car but it was rideable okay.. like a 95 buick, and one night we had gon out clubbin and you know how after its closing time, people are all outside and everybody car hopping to go party else where and everybody ? and feeling tipsy.. Well me and her got back into her car to leave home right. Anyways some kats hit us up and keep waving us down to stop and talk, well her ? stops, and she forgot non of her windows roll down lmao..

? was heee-larry-yuuus..

I'm on the passenger side and them dudes is coming to the passenger window, and I"m trying to roll down the window, and she was like "that window don't go down" she was like "my window goes down but only 2 inches down" lol...

Soooo embarasssing... because they was like "Roll down your window" and I'm over here lmao telling them "wait, we gonna pull over"

We pull over and stop the car, and they invite us to a party.. Guess what??? the car isn't starting... I"m like O' hell na! lol. It was embarassing.. The car never started, and they ended up towing the car back to her place. This wasn't even her car, it was her mom's.. She had taken off with it too..

Well they tow it to her drive way, a few minutes later the porch light turns on and her mom is like "Shayyy, get yo ass back inside RIGHT NOW" lmao..

This is like wayyy back in the 90's...
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    my first car smh it was an 85 Cutlass Supreme

but I had some fun in that car

the only thing that held up the back seat was the board that went across it lol

I didn't have a windshield wiper on the car. I had a stick and rag around it, with rubber bands
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ckfree wrote: »
    my first car smh it was an 85 cutlass supreme

but i had some fun in that car

the only thing that held up the back seat was the board that went across it lol

i didn't have a windshield wiper on the car. I had a stick and rag around it, with rubber bands

cot dayum!!!!!!
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    tupacfan wrote: »
    LMAO at some of ya'lls story.

Like wayyyyy back in the day, I had a friend who had took her mom's car, not a ugly ass car but it was rideable okay.. like a 95 buick, and one night we had gon out clubbin and you know how after its closing time, people are all outside and everybody car hopping to go party else where and everybody ? and feeling tipsy.. Well me and her got back into her car to leave home right. Anyways some kats hit us up and keep waving us down to stop and talk, well her ? stops, and she forgot non of her windows roll down lmao..

? was heee-larry-yuuus..

I'm on the passenger side and them dudes is coming to the passenger window, and I"m trying to roll down the window, and she was like "that window don't go down" she was like "my window goes down but only 2 inches down" lol...

Soooo embarasssing... because they was like "Roll down your window" and I'm over here lmao telling them "wait, we gonna pull over"

We pull over and stop the car, and they invite us to a party.. Guess what??? the car isn't starting... I"m like O' hell na! lol. It was embarassing.. The car never started, and they ended up towing the car back to her place. This wasn't even her car, it was her mom's.. She had taken off with it too..

Well they tow it to her drive way, a few minutes later the porch light turns on and her mom is like "Shayyy, get yo ass back inside RIGHT NOW" lmao..

This is like wayyy back in the 90's...

LMAOOFDFIDFJIDO...literally laughing out loud@the bolded
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    cot dayum!!!!!!

I've moved up now. Even though my sound system is worth more than the car itself lol

smh
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Back in 2000 I bought a brand new 01 civic coupe ex. Had it clean.... 17s, 3 JL 10s in the back, carbon fiber hood with a blue pearl painted over it, sick ass touch screen radio, altezza tail lights... anyways chick rolls up on my and starts a conversation tryin to holla then asks if it was my girl's car.... just smh and rode off....
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    major pain wrote: »
    Back in 2000 I bought a brand new 01 civic coupe ex. Had it clean.... 17s, 3 JL 10s in the back, carbon fiber hood with a blue pearl painted over it, sick ass touch screen radio, altezza tail lights... anyways chick rolls up on my and starts a conversation tryin to holla then asks if it was my girl's car.... just smh and rode off....

Got damn lmao.........
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    mane u just dont ? know...

now my car had already been lookin slick raggedy, but it ran decent...until...

one night me and my boy was on the college scene for the night checkin out the parties by ole miss, we rode down town, then to the main club and then ended up at the huddle house and it was packed...

we tried to leave out, i backed out of a parking spot and tried to drive off den my car went off, im like ok no prollem ill start it back..but no, that ? wasnt happened, i ended up killin the battery tryna get outta there, then on top of dat..

we was in front of SEVERAL cars...? ridin by laughin..? talm bout i aint fina help dat ? ....

we had to some how push dat ? to another parkin lot after bout a hour...that ether lingered and had me depressed for at least 2 weeks...
  • kneegrowplease
    kneegrowplease Members Posts: 227
    edited December 2010
    man..........1 time in 08 during my senior year, i didnt have my car yet so i used to get picked up so i come outside after school is out and hella people are outside including my ex girlfriend, all of her friends, all of my ? and the ? i was talkin too were there so my aunt calls me and tells me my cousin came to get me that day and im like ok cool because he had a tight ass car at the time and he bumps the music loud so im thinkin im finna show off and stunt in the passenger seat with my cousin while laughin at these ? wait for they rides lol boy was i wrong.............tell me why this ? pulled up in my aunts 1995 caravan bumpin the radio hella loud playin that mike jones song "my 64"...........smh to make matters worst when i opened the door the music played even louder so all the attention was on me and he was doin the thizz face and everybody saw...........smh that was 1 of the most craziest self ethers ive ever did too myself............lol
  • naomi shambles
    naomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    man..........1 time in 08 during my senior year, i didnt have my car yet so i used to get picked up so i come outside after school is out and hella people are outside including my ex girlfriend, all of her friends, all of my ? and the ? i was talkin too were there so my aunt calls me and tells me my cousin came to get me that day and im like ok cool because he had a tight ass car at the time and he bumps the music loud so im thinkin im finna show off and stunt in the passenger seat with my cousin while laughin at these ? wait for they rides lol boy was i wrong.............tell me why this ? pulled up in my aunts 1995 caravan bumpin the radio hella loud playin that mike jones song "my 64"...........smh to make matters worst when i opened the door the music played even louder so all the attention was on me and he was doin the thizz face and everybody saw...........smh that was 1 of the most craziest self ethers ive ever did too myself............lol

lol.....the visual of that is just too funny
  • kneegrowplease
    kneegrowplease Members Posts: 227
    edited December 2010
    lol.....the visual of that is just too funny

yea not cool lmao haha
  • ThaHoodNerd.
    ThaHoodNerd. Members Posts: 15
    edited December 2010
    Try and scoop up ? with a car-seat in the back.. Lmfao
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I've rode in some jacked up cars before, really it was nothing to me as long it got me to where i got to go.....I done schooled some people too for trying to go in on me, especially females i just be waiting for them to say something.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    I've always been good with my whips thank ? ..

but check it my boy ? was that dude who always had to out do everyone and ? so for his 19th bday his pops copped him a brand new 07 Escalade and it was still 06.. so u know ? use to stunt in that ? ...so one summer day in 07 my brother is tells me yo im heading to the mall so me and my homie like iight bet we aint doin ? its hot out ? are out... So we get to the mall we cop ? my brother is like yo i got to be out so we like whatever we gonna keep buyin ? .. so my boy with the cadi truck hits me up like yo where ya at we like we gonna go on and head home on this bus we at the bus stop by the mall.. so he's like na stay there ima scoop ya up just give me like 5mins.. so we like iight bet so we start chillin lookin at the females and ? so we alil hype cause we like son gonna come threw in the truck blastin his system... man why this fool shows up burning rubber in his hoopty damn break squeaking, dented hood, different color fender, bass making the car look like its about to fall a part... so now me and my son like did this fool really pull up in this 93 civic at this bus stop... so now its all eyes on the whip so we get in we at the light we pull off like ? it man we out the embarrassment is over we left every body at the bus stop... why the ? this car chooses to turn off in the middle of the road.. so son tryna start that ? up its not working so ? like yo hop out help me push it so I'm like ? that i ain't hopping out but end up doing so... we pushing the whip to the curb and tryna figure out why the whip ain't starting up so we smell smoke... turned out dudes amp killed his battery or alternator... the worst part was the the ? we left at the bus stop when we pulled out of there passed us by on the bus seen the whip up in smoke ? was the worst ? ever ? ended up throwing out the joint we was like son don't ever do that again u got a cadi truck ? stunt out in that ? not no beat up civic
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    doubletee wrote: »
    LMAOOFDFIDFJIDO...literally laughing out loud@the bolded

LOL.. That was funny huh? Hahaha.. ? was hilarious I swore fa ? .
  • 5toneg
    5toneg Members Posts: 32
    edited December 2010
    If so what were the circumstances....had you been in a wreck and you couldn't afford to fix it, did it make loud noises, keep cutting off every time you stopped, did it smoke excessively,mirrors hanging off, etc.? Have you been embarrassed riding in someone else's car? If so why?

lol some of these stories have me laughing. but yea it sucks to have a messed up car. It doesnt matter as long as you are in a neighborhood w/ppl just as broke as you but going anywhere else is embarrassing :) im ok now tho

and i've never been embarrassed by what somebody else was driving because it wasn't mine, well besides my parents :( because thats a reflection of how poor i was too lol but yeah i used to be really embarrassed having my parents take me anywhere in some of the cars they had.
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    mane u just dont ? know...

now my car had already been lookin slick raggedy, but it ran decent...until...

one night me and my boy was on the college scene for the night checkin out the parties by ole miss, we rode down town, then to the main club and then ended up at the huddle house and it was packed...

we tried to leave out, i backed out of a parking spot and tried to drive off den my car went off, im like ok no prollem ill start it back..but no, that ? wasnt happened, i ended up killin the battery tryna get outta there, then on top of dat..

we was in front of SEVERAL cars...? ridin by laughin..? talm bout i aint fina help dat ? ....

we had to some how push dat ? to another parkin lot after bout a hour...that ether lingered and had me depressed for at least 2 weeks

Can relate... in highschool this happened w/my 89 Jetta... that car was 13 years old when i got it & I knew it was gonna give me some trouble.. but i got stuck with it coming off the exit for my school & I had to learn pop-starting on my own that day. lol luckily it was a stick. (turns out my battery wasn't charging propperly) I must have stalled it coming down the off-ramp.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Not by my ride, but my Grandma had this beat up old rusty dodge back in the day. I used to act like I was tying my shoes when she used to pick me up from school.