Is Kanye West a Bigger and Better Star/Artist Than Jay-Z ?

Options

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »
    ? to the naw in 5 to 10 years maybee, more like 5

Thats true too, ye should put in more albums i guess

Hes got more or around the same amount of critically acclaimed as jay...
    4 for sure for ye
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He is a bigger and better artist than Jay Z at this point. At no point in his career did Jay Z have the acclaim and worldwide popularity that Kanye has and has had since Late Registration.

word ? ...............
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    artist yes
    rapper no
  • Kame
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    word ? ...............

Maybe worldwide, dunno about domestic though...
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'll wait until Kanye brings Oprah to his hood & has an joint interview with a billionaire......
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Kanye is the bigger artist, Jay is the bigger star......at least for now. Ill give it another 5 years and Kanye will be a bigger star than Jay ever was. Hell Ye ain't too far from Jay's star power now.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Blame Game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blueprint 3

"Yeezy Taught Me" n/h
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you're gonna compare Jay and Kanye, compare them albums in. This is Kanyes 5th album, on Jay's 5th album he made Roc la Familia where he was around the peak of his popularity and on the second stage of his career (Blueprint era). We've seen Jay-z lasted past all these passing phases (Nelly, DMX, Lil Jon, Game, Gunit,etc) and is still around, there will always be rappers more hotter than him at the moment, but not more consistent. Kanye is bigger in the white medias eyes right now, but as far as being a mc, Kanye is nowhere near being a great mc.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't see many more albums from Kanye.
  • Kame
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I don't see many more albums from Kanye.

^^word? he at the peak of his critical career?
  • Kame
    edited November 2010
    Options
    He probably gonna focus on GOOD albums from now on though...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Kanyes challenge will be, can he last past the changes of the fickle hiphop fans taste. I think he will because he switches up his style, i think he will fall back eventually and produce for others and go behind the scenes.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Kanye has been bigger artist than Jay Z since 2007. ? ? sucking Jay Z ? . He hasnt done anything for hip hop since his return. 3 lackluster albums. recurring publicity stunts. the camel star power is on fumes. he always needs an event to ride off of. 2006 was his "BIG" return. 2007 was piggybacking off of Denzel and American Gangster movie. 2008 was his marriage to that ? . 2009 he needed alicia keys to get a #1 single and rapped over the same production as Kesha/Gaga. We cant forget that Kanye EXECUTIVE PRODUCED the BP3 album and now he wants to do a joint album with Kanye. Kanye has done more for Jay Z career than Jay Z has done for his own since his return.
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ^^word? he at the peak of his critical career?

I don't mean it in a bad way. Kanye is just one of those guys where everything has to be almost perfect in order for him to let the public consume it. Like I said in another thread, after My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, we won't hear another solo album from Ye for some time. You will see him get highly involved in the careers of others to the point where fans will fiend heavy for somethin new from him and even then Kanye will shy away from the thoughts of any album cause he is not one to rush.
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah but kanye is really popular b/c of his stupid acting and being a chareacter though.. he great but when you bring up his name.. it be some said about his crazy acts instead of his music talent!!!!!!
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Kanye has been bigger artist than Jay Z since 2007. ? ? sucking Jay Z ? . He hasnt done anything for hip hop since his return. 3 lackluster albums. recurring publicity stunts. the camel star power is on fumes. he always needs an event to ride off of. 2006 was his "BIG" return. 2007 was piggybacking off of Denzel and American Gangster movie. 2008 was his marriage to that ? . 2009 he needed alicia keys to get a #1 single and rapped over the same production as Kesha/Gaga. We cant forget that Kanye EXECUTIVE PRODUCED the BP3 album and now he wants to do a joint album with Kanye. Kanye has done more for Jay Z career than Jay Z has done for his own since his return.

You love Jay-Z
  • tompetrez3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You love Jay-Z

Wayne is about to pass up Jay Z legacy. Does that old ass ? think that he will stay on top forever?
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wayne is about to pass up Jay Z legacy. Does that old ass ? think that he will stay on top forever?

Wayne????? Boy stop!
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

^^^this....
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wayne????? Boy stop!

man im not even bout to say nun...lol at all ha ha ha
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't mean it in a bad way. Kanye is just one of those guys where everything has to be almost perfect in order for him to let the public consume it. Like I said in another thread, after My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, we won't hear another solo album from Ye for some time. You will see him get highly involved in the careers of others to the point where fans will fiend heavy for somethin new from him and even then Kanye will shy away from the thoughts of any album cause he is not one to rush.

that might be his plan right now, but i dont think that will last. he loves the public attention too much to take more than another 2 years to drop his next album.
  • tompetrez3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wayne????? Boy stop!

Wayne is about to pass up Jay Z when Carter IV drops. They treated his release date like a holiday. Wayne got 2 of the hottest hip hop artists on his label. Dude just turned 28. Wayne will eclipse Jay Z soon also
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    man im not even bout to say nun...lol at all ha ha ha

I know thats your dude, but c'mon.
  • P. Town
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wayne is about to pass up Jay Z when Carter IV drops. They treated his release date like a holiday. Wayne got 2 of the hottest hip hop artists on his label. Dude just turned 28. Wayne will eclipse Jay Z soon also

Like I said. Boy Stop! Wayne won't even pass Kanye. Don't bring that wack ass ? up to me.
  • tompetrez3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Like I said. Boy Stop! Wayne won't even pass Kanye. Don't bring that wack ass ? up to me.

Like Wayne aint been holding down the radio for the past 5 years.