Let's do some grown-up talk about "The Illuminati."

Options
KTULU IS BACK
KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Social Lounge
Hip Hop has always had a strong conspiracy-theorist strain. And that is okay. It makes for some interesting music.

Problem is, a lot of these paranoid cats just do not educate themselves to the real facts. They run through Alex Jones' websites and they think they've become enlightened, ironically.

So let me kick some true stories real quick and then I'll be willing to answer any and all questions you may have about the NWO 4 Lyfe, brother.

1. There really was a secret society that called itself the Illuminati. In France in the 1770's, a group of deists got together and tried to figure out a way to get rid of the religious establishments and governments of Europe. This is a good thing. The old monarchies were brutal oppressive dictatorships. Deism was about as rebellious as you could get back then without getting executed for the crime of atheism.

1a. So the Illuminati was based on the belief in ? . Not a specific ? , but a deity nonetheless. A beneficent creator ? that set up the laws of physics, shaped the universe, and then let it do its thing. So this is not a "Satanic" movement.

1b. Their opponents were the extremely powerful Catholic church and the monarchies whose titles were tied to it. You know how monarchy works, right? People believed the king and his bloodline were allowed to reign because Jesus said so. It's called the Divine Right of Kings. It didn't start with Christianity, it's as old as dirt. But it's an irrational and obviously un-democratic system that basically enslaves most of the population. Why wouldn't you want that overthrown?

2. Yeah, the guy who started the Illuminati joined the Freemasons. Oh no, old men in aprons and white gloves. Terrifying.

2a. While traditional English/Scottish style Freemasons require their members to believe in a higher power, "Continental Freemasonry" in France and Germany has been allowing ATHEISTS to join since the early 1800's. So explain to me why a group of people dedicated to Satan, demons, and other spirits is going to allowing those annoying atheists in, with their skepticism and logic.

2b. The Illuminati was crushed by the combined forces of the monarchies and the Catholic church. It ceased to exist. There is NO EVIDENCE that it successfully went into hiding or that anybody took its name.

3. Capitalism. Capitalism. CAPITALISM.

3a. You know why the world is the way it is? A perpetual struggle between people who work and people who own. The owners want as much work out of you as they can get while paying you as little as possible. The workers want as much money as possible for as little work as they can get away with. Read Marx. The ownership class will use any tactic available to keep you from realizing that they didn't earn and don't deserve their outrageous wealth. Religion, government, culture. Anything within reach.

3b. These people do not exactly "control the world." That's not really possible. There's too many factors. And I know some of you believe that they have a secret weather control machine, but then again, some of you believe Ras Kass is a smart rapper.

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Whoo, thanks for making this thread. I was thinking about making one myself asking peeps to school me on this theory going around. Would you mind citing some links for the source info in the OP btw?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Would you mind citing some links for the source info in the OP btw?

What sources will you accept?

Because whenever I post links, ? say "OH THAT WEBSITE LOL"
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    2. Yeah, the guy who started the Illuminati joined the Freemasons. Oh no, old men in aprons and white gloves. Terrifying.

2a. While traditional English/Scottish style Freemasons require their members to believe in a higher power, "Continental Freemasonry" in France and Germany has been allowing ATHEISTS to join since the early 1800's. So explain to me why a group of people dedicated to Satan, demons, and other spirits is going to allowing those annoying atheists in, with their skepticism and logic.

2b. The Illuminati was crushed by the combined forces of the monarchies and the Catholic church. It ceased to exist. There is NO EVIDENCE that it successfully went into hiding or that anybody took its name.

This is pretty much right, you left out the part about Weishaupt also leaving the organization. Also, that...."version" of freemasonry is not recognized as legitimate.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    This is pretty much right, you left out the part about Weishaupt also leaving the organization.
    An important thing to note.
    Also, that...."version" of freemasonry is not recognized as legitimate.
    Not by the English grand lodge, no.

But by the French grand lodge, it certainly is.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hip Hop has always had a strong conspiracy-theorist strain. And that is okay. It makes for some interesting music.

Problem is, a lot of these paranoid cats just do not educate themselves to the real facts. They run through Alex Jones' websites and they think they've become enlightened, ironically.

So let me kick some true stories real quick and then I'll be willing to answer any and all questions you may have about the NWO 4 Lyfe, brother.

1. There really was a secret society that called itself the Illuminati. In France in the 1770's, a group of deists got together and tried to figure out a way to get rid of the religious establishments and governments of Europe. This is a good thing. The old monarchies were brutal oppressive dictatorships. Deism was about as rebellious as you could get back then without getting executed for the crime of atheism.

1a. So the Illuminati was based on the belief in ? . Not a specific ? , but a deity nonetheless. A beneficent creator ? that set up the laws of physics, shaped the universe, and then let it do its thing. So this is not a "Satanic" movement.

1b. Their opponents were the extremely powerful Catholic church and the monarchies whose titles were tied to it. You know how monarchy works, right? People believed the king and his bloodline were allowed to reign because Jesus said so. It's called the Divine Right of Kings. It didn't start with Christianity, it's as old as dirt. But it's an irrational and obviously un-democratic system that basically enslaves most of the population. Why wouldn't you want that overthrown?

3. Capitalism. Capitalism. CAPITALISM.

3a. You know why the world is the way it is? A perpetual struggle between people who work and people who own. The owners want as much work out of you as they can get while paying you as little as possible. The workers want as much money as possible for as little work as they can get away with. Read Marx. The ownership class will use any tactic available to keep you from realizing that they didn't earn and don't deserve their outrageous wealth. Religion, government, culture. Anything within reach.

3b. These people do not exactly "control the world." That's not really possible. There's too many factors. And I know some of you believe that they have a secret weather control machine, but then again, some of you believe Ras Kass is a smart rapper.

Lies and ? . Threadstarter is a known, self-confessed racist and NWO apologist. Wack thread.

/thread
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What sources will you accept?

Because whenever I post links, ? say "OH THAT WEBSITE LOL"

Doesn't matter to me really...Wikipedia, wutever...i cross examine the findings anyway
  • major pain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    An important thing to note.

Not by the English grand lodge, no.

But by the French grand lodge, it certainly is.

England is the mother lodge though. All lodges should be traced back to what is now called the UGLE. Recognition by the UGLE is what determines legitimacy.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited November 2010
    Options
    how is freemasons reality to the illuninati
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yea... I'm going to believe Ktulu to give us the true answers. lol funniest dude on here
  • major pain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »
    how is freemasons reality to the illuninati

The op explains where the two became "connected". What people think the illuminati today is, is not connected to freemasonry.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the biggest problem i have with this theory is that it's adherents are ripe pickings for those with an intention to take advantage of and capitalize off of paranoid minds...and if perception is reality, then you're your own worse enemy in this case.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the biggest problem i have with this theory is that it's adherents are ripe pickings for those with an intention to take advantage of and capitalize off of paranoid minds...and if perception is reality, then you're your own worse enemy in this case.

Well of course, Y2K, 2012, Illuminati, New Age Neo ? 's... All the same marketing scheme, push propaganda to people, get your following, and then start banking off of it. And the worst thing is that guys like Jones claim that 10 or 15 families now who own the most or are the richest is absolute proof when in reality it's just the way the currency system of the world is. There is always gonna be someone above everyone else.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? !

Look at these symbols put into these cartoons by these free masons and illuminati freaks, we're being brainwashed and it's all being over looked because of guys like KTULU! Sad ? , Spongbob is a victim, Tom and Jerry and The Simpsons. Sad free masons and the illuminati run the country!!1

don't die, I hope you can detect sarcasm
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    England is the mother lodge though.
    Says who?

Right, the English and the members of their brother lodges in the highly religious US. LOL.
    All lodges should be traced back to what is now called the UGLE. Recognition by the UGLE is what determines legitimacy.
    Reason determines legitimacy. I thought y'all were enlightened men? LOL again.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How is the biggest troll in IC history dropping more rational threads than the majority of the Social Lounge?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    How is the biggest troll in IC history dropping more rational threads than the majority of the Social Lounge?

Alot of posters are on the bottom part of educated now, a troll only works in it's truest form by angering people pretending to be intellectually inferior to them. Being that right now it's hard to seem dumber than some posters, it's reverse trolling. It's dropping more educated posts that do the ? off. Dropping a half ass ? thread would only draw co-signs.
  • major pain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Says who?

Right, the English and the members of their brother lodges in the highly religious US. LOL.

Reason determines legitimacy. I thought y'all were enlightened men? LOL again.

You said you wanted to be grown up about this, right?

The lodges of England formed the first "grand lodge" and created the organized form of freemasonry you speak of. This is where charters were originally distributed from. At some point, all legitimate grand lodges report in some fashion to the UGLE, even though they are still sovereign. When a lodge acts out of accordance with freemasonry, a number of things can happen. One is losing recognition. This is where any lodge that accepts atheists or women as "masons" lose legitimacy and recognition.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You're giving the perspective of your organization and I appreciate that.

I also appreciate the perspective of the French, who seem to have told the English Masons that they were wrong.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »

I blame Gucci Mane.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • major pain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You're giving the perspective of your organization and I appreciate that.

I also appreciate the perspective of the French, who seem to have told the English Masons that they were wrong.

Well, its not a matter of perspective. In masonry you have something that is what it is. There are some very clear requirements for becoming a freemason. This group has decided to just simply change that and still call themselves masons, it doesnt work like that. That's why they have added this "Continental" part to their title. It would be the same as me calling myself a tiger, deep down I know I'm still just a man. I can see and understand your viewpoint because you are on the outside of all of this, but within the only thing that truly matters with freemasonry around the world is legitimacy and recognition. Without those, calling yourself a mason does not mean much.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Alot of posters are on the bottom part of educated now, a troll only works in it's truest form by angering people pretending to be intellectually inferior to them. Being that right now it's hard to seem dumber than some posters, it's reverse trolling. It's dropping more educated posts that do the ? off. Dropping a half ass ? thread would only draw co-signs.

this is actually a very interesting point.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »

'based on Judaism'...i had a feeling there was some kind of religious motivation behind it as well.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, its not a matter of perspective. In masonry you have something that is what it is.
    "It is what it is" is the worst contribution black people have made to the English language.
    There are some very clear requirements for becoming a freemason.
    Sure, and Masons disagree over exactly what those requirements are.
    This group has decided to just simply change that and still call themselves masons, it doesnt work like that. That's why they have added this "Continental" part to their title.
    They call it continental because it takes place on the European continent as opposed to the British Isles.
    It would be the same as me calling myself a tiger, deep down I know I'm still just a man.
    Holding a more intellectually honest position on the existence of ? is not comparable to transforming into another species, let alone another genus.
    I can see and understand your viewpoint because you are on the outside of all of this, but within the only thing that truly matters with freemasonry around the world is legitimacy and recognition. Without those, calling yourself a mason does not mean much.
    Again, that's merely your point of view because you're a member of a lodge that works with the UGLE. The French seem to have found a way to be Freemasons without requiring their members to be superstitious.

It's also noteworthy that the French lodges openly and actively participate in politics, whereas the English and American boys pretend to have a "no politics at the dinner table" policy while constantly participating as supporters of the status quo.
  • major pain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "It is what it is" is the worst contribution black people have made to the English language.

Sure, and Masons disagree over exactly what those requirements are.

They call it continental because it takes place on the European continent as opposed to the British Isles.

Holding a more intellectually honest position on the existence of ? is not comparable to transforming into another species, let alone another genus.

Again, that's merely your point of view because you're a member of a lodge that works with the UGLE. The French seem to have found a way to be Freemasons without requiring their members to be superstitious.

It's also noteworthy that the French lodges openly and actively participate in politics, whereas the English and American boys pretend to have a "no politics at the dinner table" policy while constantly participating as supporters of the status quo.

No, those requirements have been in place for a long time. Because someone decides to change it to suit their opinion does not make it legitimate.

They call it continental to distinguish themselves from legitimate masonry.

There is a very good reason as to why politics should not be discussed in lodge meetings.