Hollywood Sucks Because of Video Games

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in IllGaming
Straight from the mouth of Bad Santa: Hollywood is making “the worst movies ever” because of video games, and those of us who like them. Commence simmering hatred.

In an article in the U.K. newspaper The Telegraph, Billy Bob Thornton had this to say about movies and video games:

“We’re living in a time when we’re making – in my humble opinion – the worst movies in history.

“They’re geared toward the videogame-playing generation. And these videogames, which I’m on my son about constantly, these games are people killing for fun, and I think traditionally in movies, there’s always been some kind of lesson in the violent movies.”

Oh.

Apparently, his new movie Faster, featuring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, is a complicated revenge tale in which a murderer gets out of prison and goes on a killing spree. Supposedly, it’s a lot deeper than a video game.

He also said this:

“Most movies are about vampires and 3-D or fantasy movies and war eagles and all these kinds of things, or whatever they are.”

Sounds like Mr. Thornton (star of such beloved gems as Mr. Woodcock, the aforementioned black comedy Bad Santa, in which he has sex with overweight women in changing rooms of department stores, and the cinematic national treasure Armageddon) has never played a video game — nor, for that matter, been exposed to a movie outside of TV commercials for the last decade.

Nobody tell him about the World of Warcraft movie. Or the (maybe) Halo movie. Or the Uncharted movie.

http://news.filefront.com/billy-bob-thornton-hollywood-sucks-because-of-video-games/

Comments