to all religious posters

The Jackal
The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Do you fully understand the concept of evoultion and survival of the fitess?

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
  • The Jackal
    edited November 2010
    drinkin bro?

Yea just got back home from chilling with my chick. I can never drink when I'm sleep for some odd reason
  • The Jackal
    edited November 2010
    The Jackal wrote: »
    Yea just got back home from chilling with my chick. I can never drink when I'm sleep for some odd reason

I mean sleep when I drink. Anyway I'm pretty sure ill beable to explain this thread in the morning
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the issue is so much with understanding the concept of evolution. My "science" is F+ at best, but I know there are others, with religious beliefs, that can intelligently explain what it means and if both parties were playing nice, it could be a sensible debate. I think the all-out slugfest is with what evolution represents.

If it is just a truth, people can kind of live with it. It may effect them in some ways, but it doesn't interfere with particular viewpoints and perspectives they have. If it is THE truth, then we are all bound by it not just scientifically, but in every aspect of life. Our viewpoints and perspectives must now conform to THE truth whether we want to or not. Some people feel like evolution is the truth just as well as those that feel that ? is the truth and no one is backing down.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Evolution has been observed! Genetic mutations and adaptations are quite evident. There is no documentation of a full transition from one kind of creature to another. I don't know the specific order of what is proposed to have turned into what.....but think about it, EVERYTHING COMES FROM A COMMON ANCESTOR? /GTFOH

Fish-amphibians-reptiles-birds-mammals.........and no evidence to support any transition from one to another ?

Let somebody come in here with that weak azz Whale stuff or garbage about the Archaeopteryx and watch me rip it apart. Also be prepared to answer questions about the many creatures that have habits and defenses that couldn't have possibly survived a long evolutionary process such as the Bombadier Beetle, The House Martin (bird) or the Giraffe.

Feelings will be caught in this thread/ sober up T/S and lets see what you got.

PEACE