lmfao looks like Keri Hilson said ? it and came to grips with her career

usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...x41sxbkr7BJLyu

Time to ? it up baby, that career aint going nowhere. If i would of been on that set, that broad would of gotten stalked. Word to Kobe Bryant!

kobe.gif

Comments

• Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    splain dat avi my ? .
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    splain dat avi my ? .

It's Gucci Mane handing out turkey for Thanksgiving
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I thought it was her last track "Pretty Girl Rock" that had her facing reality *shrugs*
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Same thing I thought when I saw the vid. I liked it but damn mami sold out
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    I thought it was her last track "Pretty Girl Rock" that had her facing reality *shrugs*

"My name is Keri, i am very average"

She will do what she did last album when all her singles flop, get the biggest rapper at the time to give her a buzz. Damn shame that not even with Pollow and Timbaland this chick can't stand out.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    to be honest. there isnt a lane for keri hilson. She's a great songwriter but that's it. She doesnt have that star quality.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    "My name is Keri, i am very average"

She will do what she did last album when all her singles flop, get the biggest rapper at the time to give her a buzz. Damn shame that not even with Pollow and Timbaland this chick can't stand out.

true ? . She need to stop bullshittin' and give her amazing stars to artists who can make them into huge hits.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Yea she said forget trying to get respect . Keri Hilson = The New Brooke Valentine
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010

nah naming the album No Boys Allowed did it...
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Its called flushing your career down the toilet. Didn't her last album do well? Is it really time to pull a desperate move like this? Or did she not recoup or something? What a shame. Anyway that video was wack. She tried to be sexy but it came across as corny to me. I mean Kerri is cute but she can't dance so she just looked like a broke stripper in the video. The kind that gets no tips cause they really aint doing ? .
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    yeah....i would ? her crazy but this really aint a good look.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    to be honest. there isnt a lane for keri hilson. She's a great songwriter but that's it. She doesnt have that star quality.

This ^^^^^
    Keri Hilson is really not a Top 5 or 10 R&B star period I think she's just better off sticking with singing hooks on other people songs like on Nas's Hero & a joint she did back in '06 w/Lloyd Banks I think it was "Weak" can't remember.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Keri's career is better than most when it comes to songwriting. "The Way I Are" was a nice set up for her and is probably the biggest record she's been a part of considering it was an international hit single. Britney's "Gimme More" followed. This new song isnt needed though. Most everything from her new album sounds dated. The subject matter and content is something that would've been successful for Lil' Kim (this song), TLC ("Pretty Girl Rock"), or Destiny's Child ("Breaking Point", "Buy You") in the late 90's. Keri Hilson is at her best and has her own identity when she's doing songs like these:
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    fake ass ciara imo
    she should just stay in the background and write songs.
    like some1 else said, she doesn't have star quality.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010

There's a lane for her, she just hasn't found it yet. There's also star quality there. For example, some would say there was no lane for Missy Eliott who was also an accomplished songwriter before pursuing a solo career. Only those who saw her at work knew that she had star quality. Just looking at Missy, many were surprised at what became of her career. The thing with Keri is that unlike Missy, she's not bringing anything fresh or new to the table. It's cookie-cutter material.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    and that heffa can't sing

screaming ? me on the track ain't woah at all

she looked great though, she gets to thumbs up for the best ? costume and a banging body

I couldve done without the bad acting from dawn, ricky ross, polow, and faith
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited November 2010
    It's a shame really, I have only liked 3 of her songs, have only ever downloaded one single (I Like) and have no intention of ever downloading an album. I guess she's had to make a (not so hard) choice to get a bit filthy. She still looks good though.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I was just looking at a little of that video with Keri & Rick Ross it's a shame how low somebody would stoop just to remain relevant or in her case survive in the music industry. She might as well have shown up to the video shoot butt ass naked b/c she barely had any clothes on in that one.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    she can't sing
    she can't dance
    might as well ? it out and that comes across as lame
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    S m f h,

I actually like Keri up untill this fuckery.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I actually found her ten times more attractive on " knock you down" compared to this not as forced
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    wtf? whats the problem?

keri is fine as hell in this video..
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    id hit it.....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    All these song writers trying become solo stars and flopping there a reason people want you writing there ? and not singing...
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    All these song writers trying become solo stars and flopping there a reason people want you writing there ? and not singing...

...Word to the Dream.

It's not shocking Keri would go this route because she's weak. She couldn't even admit to talking ? about Beyonce in that remix. What happened to "betta recognize a real woman" lmfao. Damn, just damn.