Courtney, Lindsey, & Tracy

Options
marie addams
marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Powder Room
Do you take men with these kind of names serious?

like...if a seemingly decent dude who had most of the right qualities and looked like [insertsexymannamehere] approached you with decent convo and told you his name was Stacy would you give him the time of day or smh?
idk..this is a mindfuck for me. I know at leas one dude on this board has one of these names. How do women react to it?

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    One of my boys is named Courtney...it's never been an issue for him...matter of fact you're the first female i've ever seen/hear say something about this
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2010
    Options
    smh at any female after 9 months and labor coming up w/ one of those names for a boy. as fas dating one, i wouldn't care too much but i'd prolly make up a nickname for him.
  • lighthearted25
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and the worst name fora boy is leslie.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    those are hoe names. id laugh in a ? face if he had a hoe name.
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    smh at any female after 9 months and labor coming up w/ one of those names for a boy.

yeah i dont understand..did the mother desperately want a girl and just say ? it i'm gonna use this name anyway? I agree i'd have to make up a nickname. lol @ introducing your new man "lindsey". must be torture growing up

Blackrain is your friend a Junior?

I had a friend who dates a guy named Kelly once. He was a nice dude but we (including her) did joke on his name him when he wasnt around

on the flip side I know of girls named charlie and michael..thoughts on this fellas?
  • lighthearted25
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah i dont understand..did the mother desperately want a girl and just say ? it i'm gonna use this name anyway? I agree i'd have to make up a nickname. lol @ introducing your new man "lindsey". must be torture growing up

I had a friend who dates a guy named Kelly once. He was a nice dude but we (including her) did joke on his name him when he wasnt around

on the flip side I know of girls named charlie and michael..thoughts on this fellas?

lindsey would get introduced as big L or lil L depending on what his height and size was.
  • blackrain
    edited November 2010
    Options

no, it's just the name his parents gave him...this is interesting though cuz to my knowledge he's never had a female think he's soft or weird for having a "girl's" name...only time it ever came up was when some chick named Ashley said to him "You know you have a girl's name" and he said "Do you know Ashley is a boy's name" and she quickly shut up when she looked it up on her phone lol
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    no, it's just the name his parents gave him...this is interesting though cuz to my knowledge he's never had a female think he's soft or weird for having a "girl's" name...only time it ever came up was when some chick named Ashley said to him "You know you have a girl's name" and he said "Do you know Ashley is a boy's name" and she quickly shut up when she looked it up on her phone lol

ehh i dont know if id assume he was SOFT but I honestly would assume he might have some sort of complex and try to constantly over compensate and prove himself by acting overly "tough" "big" or "aggressive".
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    One of my boys is named Courtney...it's never been an issue for him...matter of fact you're the first female i've ever seen/hear say something about this

I actually liked the name Courtney for a guy growing up. It may be related to this one Courtney I used to know.....

@ T/S' question: Yes, I would date a man I was interested in who had any of the mentioned names.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    All the guys I meet with those names are west indian.
    I could care less what a dudes name is for real....but yea those names always make me chuckle.
  • blackrain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ehh i dont know if id assume he was SOFT but I honestly would assume he might have some sort of complex and try to constantly over compensate and prove himself by acting overly "tough" "big" or "aggressive".

lol that's funny...seems like you'd have more of an issue with his name than the guy would...idk though i've known him for years and my other friend has known him since they were little kids and he said his name has never been an issue...if anything out of my friends my name is most likely to get made fun of and I have one of the most normal first names you can have
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol that's funny...seems like you'd have more of an issue with his name than the guy would...idk though i've known him for years and my other friend has known him since they were little kids and he said his name has never been an issue...if anything out of my friends my name is most likely to get made fun of and I have one of the most normal first names you can have

no. i don't have a real issue. I just think they are funny names for guys and it makes me laugh. not at all deep
    I would like to know the motivating factor in picking the name though..
  • blackrain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    no. i don't have a real issue. I just think they are funny names for guys and it makes me laugh. not at all deep
    I would like to know the motivating factor in picking the name though..

i guess cuz my name has usually been the one that gets made fun of I don't see names like Courtney etc weird....you gotta have an out there name for me to go "Damn that's some weird ? "
  • marie addams
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i guess cuz my name has usually been the one that gets made fun of I don't see names like Courtney etc weird....you gotta have an out there name for me to go "Damn that's some weird ? "

what does your name rhyme with? *askingwithoutasking*
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i knew a guy in h/s called Stacy-Morgan, that was his first name. he was cute too. i've also met a male Dana. names don't matter to me tho.

I used to mess wit a dude named shavonte....and till this day he's one of the cutest men i've ever seen in my damn life. wit the gayest name ever :-(
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2010
    Options
    WTF? WTF ? WTF ? WTF Marie
  • -JB-
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and the worst name fora boy is leslie.

Yall trippin Leslie? yeahhhhhhhhh ok, I'm leaving now, I will let yall MEN BASH in PEACE
  • -JB-
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    ? , i hope he went by Von or something, that te at the end is killin him. is brian considered a common name for black men, i've never met a black guy named ryan either

I got alot to say on this name thing, but I'm gone keep my mouth quiet, and let yall roast N***** name's
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    this is a mindfuck for me.

I swear I thought I was the only one. I can recognize it as being totally ridiculous but still not be able to stop dwelling on it at the same time. Same when I meet a guy and his name is something like Otis or Earl.....it's like..I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it.
  • -JB-
    edited November 2010
    Options
    smh at any female after 9 months and labor coming up w/ one of those names for a boy. as fas dating one, i wouldn't care too much but i'd prolly make up a nickname for him.

You just gonna, re-name the ? like a pet,B ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fact and ? that has the name twan.. or te at the end of the name is ? .. thought about being ? or looks ? .. www.truefacts.org
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I used to like this guy named Ashley a whole lot. He was so fine..Oh and I like this Courtney.

medium_Courtney_Lee_Out_to_Prove_Magic_Wrong.png
  • -JB-
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I used to like this guy named Ashley a whole lot. He was so fine..Oh and I like this Courtney.

medium_Courtney_Lee_Out_to_Prove_Magic_Wrong.png

C.Lee, Houston Rocket's

Groupie Love Amoreaux ?
  • blackrain
    edited November 2010
    Options
    what does your name rhyme with? *askingwithoutasking*

lol i have no issue giving my real first name...it's Brandon
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    damn u heffas with the misleading titles.

*storms out of thread*