Alright who thinks "the antichrist" is one man?

Options
The True Flesh
The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Of the believers, who thinks this?

I have seen some off the wall interpretations of scripture, but this is perhaps the most irritating.

Let's discuss.......

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Back then I believe it was one man, never changed my thought either. I no longer believe it but I was one of the "one man" thinkers.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Not me. IMO America is the Anti-Christ. Always has been. America being the figure head of western civilization, and being able to con it's followers while condemning it's enemies.... with ease.
  • Jsince90s
    Jsince90s Members Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Antichrist is going to sound like a metaphor at the end of this.
  • The True Flesh
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Not me. IMO America is the Anti-Christ. Always has been. America being the figure head of western civilization, and being able to con it's followers while condemning it's enemies.... with ease.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places Ephesians 6:12

It's not America per se.......It's a spirit not an individual or nation
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure True Flesh don't need help on this one but, for extra emphasis, nope.
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places Ephesians 6:12

It's not America per se.......It's a spirit not an individual or nation

The spirit of America is extremely real, bro. It goes beyond declarations or constitutions.
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Any one who says "YAHSHUA" iz NOT ? /Man and come and died-resurected 4 all people'z sins, iz "AN" Anti-Christ, BUT at a certain point in the future a real man will come who WILL B the real ANTI-CHRIST spoken of in the Scriptures, he'll b a Israelite from the Tribe of DAN.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    There is no antichrist and the Bible is not literal, it's an allegory for duality that exist within everything. Satan is just a metaphor for the evil that exist within us, Satan is kind of like the personification.
  • rapluva
    edited November 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    There is no antichrist and the Bible is not literal, it's an allegory for duality that exist within everything. Satan is just a metaphor for the evil that exist within us, Satan is kind of like the personification.
    1. That's your "PERSONAL" beliefe, but in 2 Peter he sayz NO-ONE can have "thier own personal beliefe what the Scripturez say".
    2. The Bible is 1. "Litteral" AND 2. "Allegoracal" not everything iz "Metiphorical" NOT everything iz "Littoral" it's a mixture, it's uneducated people, that say" EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE IZ METAPHORICAL" and thats 100% WRONG TO THA BONE!!!
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    rapluva wrote: »
    1. That's your "PERSONAL" beliefe, but in 2 Peter he sayz NO-ONE can have "thier own personal beliefe what the Scripturez say".
    2. The Bible is 1. "Litteral" AND 2. "Allegoracal" not everything iz "Metiphorical" NOT everything iz "Littoral" it's a mixture, it's uneducated people, that say" EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE IZ METAPHORICAL" and thats 100% WRONG TO THA BONE!!!

And I'm sure your child ? pastor will tell us exactly which part of the bible is literal and which part is metaphorical? gtfoh with that ?
  • rapluva
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    And I'm sure your child ? pastor will tell us exactly which part of the bible is literal and which part is metaphorical? gtfoh with that ?

You stupid and should OT B aloud to post on adult sites like this go back to playin your PS3!! (An I mean that from the bottom of my Heart)
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Any one who says "YAHSHUA" iz NOT ? /Man and come and died-resurected 4 all people'z sins, iz "AN" Anti-Christ, BUT at a certain point in the future a real man will come who WILL B the real ANTI-CHRIST spoken of in the Scriptures, he'll b a Israelite from the Tribe of DAN.

Co-sign. I'm just not sold on the bolded yet. I have a couple ideas about where "the" anti-christ will come from, but it's pure speculation. Besides I don't plan to be here when he is revealed because I am "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great ? and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"(Titus 2:13), not anti-christ.

And also "the" anti-christ will not and can not be revealed until the Lord comes for His church and delivers us from the wrath to come! Hallelujah!

"6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause ? shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12

I pray that the Holy Spirit will give my fellow believers understanding in regards to the above passage of scripture. Holy Spirit you are not the author of confusion, please guide my fellow believers in all understanding of your holy word. For you give wisdom and instruction to those who diligently seek you. Open up their minds to receive truth and see the simplicity of the gospel of Christ. Amen.
  • Chike
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You stupid and should OT B aloud to post on adult sites like this go back to playin your PS3!! (An I mean that from the bottom of my Heart)

You believe in magic like a McDonald's kid and you're the adult? lol ok.
  • JudahIsraelite
    JudahIsraelite Members Posts: 60
    edited November 2010
    Options
    it is the SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST. No where in the bible does it say one man was "the antichrist" so you ? need to stop adding to the word of the Most High.

1 John 2:18
    Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

# 1 John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
    And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of ? : and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7
    For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    When most people say that there is this one anti-christ thats gonna setoff certain events... they are talking about the man of sin/son of perdition. Though he is an antichrist, he is just one of billions. Most in this section are antichrist so you have that in common with the man of sin/son of perdition
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    it is the SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST. No where in the bible does it say one man was "the antichrist" so you ? need to stop adding to the word of the Most High.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of ? : and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Well the first verse you posted pretty much defeated your argument, but since you posted it your not going to see the clear evidence. But anyways, how do you explain Revelation 13?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    When most people say that there is this one anti-christ thats gonna setoff certain events... they are talking about the man of sin/son of perdition. Though he is an antichrist, he is just one of billions. Most in this section are antichrist so you have that in common with the man of sin/son of perdition

Right. The antichrist that is coming has many titles. But basically he will be the devil incarnate. Because the devil wants to be ? , he will also have a false trinity. The devil, the antichrist, and the false prophet. Revelation 13 speaks all about it. But im sure you already know this. ? bless.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »

Exactly.... plus the scriptures let us know, that he will be given power by Satan to speak against the Most High & also he will be backed by the nations which are under his agreement (the Kings & rulers of those nations), they will turn over all of their power & give it onto Him... There are plenty of anti christ for sure , but this is the one that will be in control during the tribulation period...He will exhalt himself above all... This is why Christ states , (if any man shall say unto you, lo here is Christ, or there believe it not v23 of Matthew 24 & v26 "wherefore if they shall say unto, behold , he is in the desert, go not forth:behold, he is in the secret chambers, believe it not", then he goes into when He returns ALL will see the son of man coming in the clouds, Immediately after the tribulation period..

Props to JudahIsraelite as well for the props in the other threads... Props to Mr.AJ as well....
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    israelites wrote: »
    exactly.... Plus the scriptures let us know, that he will be given power by satan to speak against the most high & also he will be backed by the nations which are under his agreement (the kings & rulers of those nations), they will turn over all of their power & give it onto him... There are plenty of anti christ for sure , but this is the one that will be in control during the tribulation period...he will exhalt himself above all... This is why christ states , (if any man shall say unto you, lo here is christ, or there believe it not v23 of matthew 24 & v26 "wherefore if they shall say unto, behold , he is in the desert, go not forth:behold, he is in the secret chambers, believe it not", then he goes into when he returns all will see the son of man coming in the clouds, immediately after the tribulation period..

Props to judahisraelite as well for the props in the other threads... Props to mr.aj as well....

.. Satan has no power right... Only the power that ? gives him, so is it safe to say that by what you just posted that ? will give power to the antichrist to speak against the most high?
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited November 2010
    Options
    .. Satan has no power right... Only the power that ? gives him, so is it safe to say that by what you just posted that ? will give power to the antichrist to speak against the most high?

of course all with understanding know satan is nothing more than a servant for the Most High (the book of Job is just one example on how satan doesn't move unless given a command by the Most High), so in essence yes the Most High will ALLOW satan to give his powers over to the aod...

Revelation 13:4-8 (King James Version)

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against ? , to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

who is the dragon in v4?

Revelation 20:2

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Also here is where I was speaking that the aod will exhalt himself above all

Daniel 11:31,36-39

31And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

36And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every ? , and shall speak marvellous things against the ? of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37Neither shall he regard the ? of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any ? : for he shall magnify himself above all.

38But in his estate shall he honour the ? of forces: and a ? whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
    39Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange ? , whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Scripturally speaking there is no such thing as "THE antichrist". Shoot, there were 'MANY' "antichrists" before the ‘bible’ was even written.
  • The True Flesh
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Originally Posted by JudahIsraelite

Well the first verse you posted pretty much defeated your argument, but since you posted it your not going to see the clear evidence. But anyways, how do you explain Revelation 13?

You think just because it says "he" that it's talking about an individual person ?

The Bible even tells us that "beasts" refer to NATIONS and on top of all that It's not referring to literal geo-political nations either, but instead spiritual nations.

Also, "man of sin" and "son of perdition" aren't referring to individual people either.......nor is "abomination of desolation"
    You really need to research the origins of this errant teaching because not only are you falling for a deception but you are at risk of becoming more and more deceived.

I am not afforded the luxury of posting here as mich as I'd like to as my personal schedule has become very hectic of late
    but I hope we can keep this discussion going.....and shed some light.

PEACE
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    If Christ is going to come back and start murdering innocent people with a sword like michael brea then I'm anti-Christ.

why did the scriptures say sword?...why not nuke or guns or lasers, because it was written from the concept that the sword was the mightiest weapon at the time. any army that decides to attack any of our modern nations with swords is in for the surprise of their lives...lol
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

scripture vs scripture...dont you see that you will always find scriptures to back up an arguement...that is why there is so much religion and confusion.
    The bible and religion has always been a tool to confuse and throw you off the spirtual path and many war have been fought trying to prove who is wrong or right.
    There is no Christians..no Jews...no Muslims...no Whites...no Blacks...there is just man seeking to unite with his Creator.
    Follow what is in your heart, accept that there is a creator, love him, honour him worship him and love your neighbour as you would love yourself...that is all.

that is the message that Jesus (son of ? , just as all of us are) taught us....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You think just because it says "he" that it's talking about an individual person ?

The Bible even tells us that "beasts" refer to NATIONS and on top of all that It's not referring to literal geo-political nations either, but instead spiritual nations.

Also, "man of sin" and "son of perdition" aren't referring to individual people either.......nor is "abomination of desolation"
    You really need to research the origins of this errant teaching because not only are you falling for a deception but you are at risk of becoming more and more deceived.

I am not afforded the luxury of posting here as mich as I'd like to as my personal schedule has become very hectic of late
    but I hope we can keep this discussion going.....and shed some light.

PEACE

Whats up brother? Hopefully your schedule clears up so that you can discuss these topics more. But yeah, I know you believe in the Lord my friend. But what I don't get is how you can't see that there is a coming final world ruler. The OT and the NT both speak about him. Why can't we just read the texts plainly and let the Holy Spirit guide us into all truth?

Who is the beast and the false prophet that will be thrown into the lake of fire when Jesus returns? Do you mean to tell me that these are not 2 literal people? I just don't understand how your missing this. Inform me please.