Alright who thinks "the antichrist" is one man?

Options
2»

Comments

• Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited December 2010
    Options

Who is the beast and the false prophet that will be thrown into the lake of fire when Jesus returns? Do you mean to tell me that these are not 2 literal people? I just don't understand how your missing this. Inform me please.

Exactly bro! who are these two ppl the scriptures speak on? Daniel spoke on the four winds of heaven which were four ruling nations, three of the nations were compared to animals but the last ruling nation was compared to a beast which is where the two spoken of in revelations will come from.. which is none other than Rome.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Whats up brother? Hopefully your schedule clears up so that you can discuss these topics more. But yeah, I know you believe in the Lord my friend. But what I don't get is how you can't see that there is a coming final world ruler. The OT and the NT both speak about him. Why can't we just read the texts plainly and let the Holy Spirit guide us into all truth?

Who is the beast and the false prophet that will be thrown into the lake of fire when Jesus returns? Do you mean to tell me that these are not 2 literal people? I just don't understand how your missing this. Inform me please.

The Bible DIRECTLY tells us that the beast is not an individual person and though I'll continue to entertain you on this one, I think it's quite silly for anyone to think "the false prophet" in The Revelation refers to ONE GUY........SMH

And as far as Paul's writings that have been erroneously interpreted as referring to one man as "the antichrist".......

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Yeah it's singular but.......

All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of ? may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

In context, Is Paul talking about ONE INDIVIDUAL here ?

What about here???

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom ? imputeth righteousness without works,

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Romans 4:5-7

Or here???

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. Romans 10:5

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Galatians 3:12

Or here???

For meat destroy not the work of ? . All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. Romans 14:20

Whe adressing a false prophet named Barjesus Paul says this.......

O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? Acts 13:10

Does that mean he's "the antichrist" or just one of many ?

Yes, i fully acknowledge that satan is an individual entity as used in the book of Job, but the use of terms like "son of perdition" and "man of sin" do not denote ONE PERSON !!!

Much love brothers. We gon' keep this one going for edification.

PEACE
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Great point!^

Again the ideas mostly comes from false premillennial beliefs and theories about the end times and the second coming of Christ. The many scriptures used to justify these theories aren't being used accurately in their original context.
  • The True Flesh
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And also "the" anti-christ will not and can not be revealed until the Lord comes for His church and delivers us from the wrath to come! Hallelujah!

Disagree !

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. John 17:15

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: Revelation 2:26

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his ? , and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:6-7

If there's a pre-tribulation rapture, what is there to overcome?

.......and could somebody show me where there's a 7 year "great tribulation"

BTW Daniel 9 ain't it

PEACE
  • The True Flesh
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What is yet to come, as Paul said, is the revealing of that man of sin, for he has disguised himself well. That there is a man, "the Antichrist", who has not yet come is a doctrine Satan invented! By this clever ruse, he diverts the saints' attention to the future while he continues to steal their joy, quench the Spirit, and destroy their fellowship with Christ and with one another. While believers look for the dreaded Antichrist, Satan works freely in their midst, unhindered because he is unrevealed.