Lets put this to rest who you rolling with Rose or Westbrook?

Options
one_manshow
one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
We got a lot of Chi-town peeps on here so they obviously gonna say Rose is better but for the rest of y'all logical muthafuckas who watch the NBA....when it comes down to overall production at the PG position who is the better player?

Westbrook

Rose

If you need help assessing your decision lets break it down like this:

Shooter:
Slasher:
Ball Handler:
Court vision:
Running the open floor:
Clutch:
Leader:
Defender:

Comments

• Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Shooter:Rose
    Slasher:Rose
    Ball Handler:Rose
    Court vision:Rose
    Running the open floor:Rose
    Clutch:Rose
    Leader:Rose
    Defender:Westbrook

Westbrook a better rebounder

Rose is shooting better,averaging more points and the same assists he doesnt have Durant on his team like westbrook has

Westbrook is not a good shooter at all its not as close as some people make it
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This won't put anything to rest. Derrick Rose's hype-machine has been humming for at least two years now, and Westbrook's hasn't even been turned on yet. Plus -- this is the NBA, i don't know how old you are, but I'm 29, and I've seen flash in the pan young players come and go like 7-11 customers. People swore Kenny Anderson was the GOAT coming out of college, then Maurbury would make people forget about Isaiah Thomas, then Jayson Williams (duke guard), then Baron Davis, then..etc, etc.

Give'em both 3 or for more years before we give EITHER of them anything. Because there is still a good chance EITHER of them will either be out of the league, or coming off the bench for some team before they're 30.
  • one_manshow
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This won't put anything to rest. Derrick Rose's hype-machine has been humming for at least two years now, and Westbrook's hasn't even been turned on yet. Plus -- this is the NBA, i don't know how old you are, but I'm 29, and I've seen flash in the pan young players come and go like 7-11 customers. People swore Kenny Anderson was the GOAT coming out of college, then Maurbury would make people forget about Isaiah Thomas, then Jayson Williams (duke guard), then Baron Davis, then..etc, etc.

Give'em both 3 or for more years before we give EITHER of them anything. Because there is still a good chance EITHER of them will either be out of the league, or coming off the bench for some team before they're 30.

Remember you on the old IC cheap seats....was your screen name eastwood or something like that?

Anyways your totally right with the whole PG coming in and out of the league as injuries can't be controlled. I been watching the NBA for years but I disagree on saying Rose/Westbrook will not be relevant three years from now. Both players if healthy can be good PGs for years to come.
  • one_manshow
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Shooter:Rose
    Slasher:Rose
    Ball Handler:Rose
    Court vision:Rose
    Running the open floor:Rose
    Clutch:Rose
    Leader:Rose
    Defender:Westbrook

Westbrook a better rebounder

Rose is shooting better,averaging more points and the same assists he doesnt have Durant on his team like westbrook has

Westbrook is not a good shooter at all its not as close as some people make it

Your opinion is invalid since your a die hard bulls fan

Are you not the same poster who said Kobe was nothing but a glorified role player and Rondo>Pippen?
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Your opinion is invalid since your a die hard bulls fan

Are you not the same poster who said Kobe was nothing but a glorified role player and Rondo>Pippen?

Got damn u redundant u say the same comment every time I can predict it

And since u said Drexler>>>>>>>Lebron "Lebron doesnt have as many accomplishments as drexler" same can be said about you

The difference is my comment was takin outta context yours wasnt
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Remember you on the old IC cheap seats....was your screen name eastwood or something like that?

Anyways your totally right with the whole PG coming in and out of the league as injuries can't be controlled. I been watching the NBA for years but I disagree on saying Rose/Westbrook will not be relevant three years from now. Both players if healthy can be good PGs for years to come.

Nah, never on the old IC. And I didn't say that they WOULDN'T be relevant, I just said there's a good chance that they won't. And there are two other ballers that are in middle school right now that we'll be talking about in 4-5 years. Both are phenomenal and do exactly what their individual teams need them to do, but NBA players (especially Guards) come and go, and you can't put them in any major category until they're close to 30 (or past it) and still at the top of their game.
  • one_manshow
    edited November 2010
    Options

And since u said Drexler>>>>>>>Lebron "Lebron doesnt have as many accomplishments as drexler" same can be said about you

The difference is my comment was takin outta context yours wasnt

? you weren't born when Drexler was in his prime so you can't comment on that. Those youtube clips don't mean ? either so tell one of your uncles to hook you up with a lost tape. Only thing your relevant at is posting MJ facts which you have memorized like a religious scripture.

You still looking for that $13/hr lucrative job offer? or you still tryna figure out how to dress formally for the job interview?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rose is shootin better percentages in fg and threes,but Westbrook avgs more assists and steals by a hair so for now Rose is better, wait till ? comes back Chicago's gonna be in the top 3 in the East....Bos,Orl,Chi
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? you weren't born when Drexler was in his prime so you can't comment on that. Those youtube clips don't mean ? either so tell one of your uncles to hook you up with a lost tape. Only thing your relevant at is posting MJ facts which you have memorized like a religious scripture.

You still looking for that $13/hr lucrative job offer? or you still tryna figure out how to dress formally for the job interview?

Basically I knew this was comin
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Rose is shootin better percentages in fg and threes,but Westbrook avgs more assists and steals by a hair so for now Rose is better, wait till ? comes back Chicago's gonna be in the top 3 in the East....Bos,Orl,Chi

Agree with everything you said
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i'd Take Rose ... Rose is pretty much the Man on his Squad , Westbrook is Good and Has Got'n better every year but teams worry more about Durant ...

Rose doesn't have that One Person he can lean on like Westbrook can with Durant...Currently Rose has to put the Bulls on his back in my opinion..
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rose is probably but narrowly more talented but Westbrook has the intangibles for me that you can't measure.

Dude plays with a chip on his shoulder, great defender and a hardworker. Rose reminds me too much of Marbury for some reason. I take Westbrook over many point guards. Matter of fact- prolly my top PG at the moment. I favour defense over offense. And he can do both well. Williams and Paul then Rondo and Rose prolly next.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rose is better at everything but passing.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rose. Why?

Westbrook hasn't HAD TO lead his team to the playoffs alone.

So pretty much I'm saying, in my eyes Rose will always be better. (until Kevin Durant goes down with a season ending injury)
  • one_manshow
    edited November 2010
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    Rose is better at everything but passing.

Rebounding?

Defense?
    i'd Take Rose ... Rose is pretty much the Man on his Squad , Westbrook is Good and Has Got'n better every year but teams worry more about Durant ...

Rose doesn't have that One Person he can lean on like Westbrook can with Durant...Currently Rose has to put the Bulls on his back in my opinion..

This season without Durant and Green OKC with Westbrook as the main man went 3-0 beating a healthy Celtics squad in Boston, Houston and Milwaukee.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rose it's a lot of similarities between their games but Rose is slightly better. Sometimes I feel that Durant needs to fall back with the jackin and let Westbrook score some more cuz he's more then a role player now
  • one_manshow
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Tonight against CP3 25-11-5 with 5 steals. Can't believe some of you consider him a role player.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    iwestbrook all day.
    he does it all.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    D.Rose FTW won me plennty of $$$$ when he was in Memphis and you bytches were in love with Kevin Love and lost your money with emotions.

D. Rose is ballin.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Westbrook is the real deal bruh
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    as long as durant is on the team..he's number 2..he's tito and durant is m.jack.....he's pippen and durant is jordan..he's the pips..and durant is gladys...and i'm still smh to anyone still thnking he's a point guard.....let that dude play the shooting guard..i dont see him as a point.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Brian Westbrook showed up tonight
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I hope Rose doesn't have that "I'm the man" attitude that the pro-Rose posters in this thread are making him out to be. That's the attitude that sunk Marbury. Those of us who remember, Marbury felt he was being "overshadowed" by Kevin Garnett in Minnesota.

Worked pretty well for "Star"bury, right?

Hope Rose is smarter than y'all ? and is begging the Bulls brass to bring in or draft as much talent as they can.
  • clepton
    clepton Members Posts: 114
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I hope Rose doesn't have that "I'm the man" attitude that the pro-Rose posters in this thread are making him out to be. That's the attitude that sunk Marbury. Those of us who remember, Marbury felt he was being "overshadowed" by Kevin Garnett in Minnesota.

Worked pretty well for "Star"bury, right?

Hope Rose is smarter than y'all ? and is begging the Bulls brass to bring in or draft as much talent as they can.

He has to be. I would take Rose right now, the reason Westbrook seems that brilliant is because Durant takes a lot of the pressure off of him. But Rose is a beter shoter, he CAN rebound and he's unstoppable 1on1. Rose is like a shut-in basketball player. All he has done all his life is play ball and it shows in his 1on1 game. Overall though I think both of them rely on athleticism way too much which can hurt them down the road.
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rose better and its gonna show if ? comes back ready to play. Then he can become more of a PG