How do YOU know YOU'RE RIGHT about the BIBLE?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Lately I've seen Solid Analysis, True Flesh, DoU and Israelites explain the end times, what it means, what will happen and what is happening.

This is 4 DIFFERENT 'interpretations' (lets just call them that) all 4 reading the same bible. How is this so? How do you know who is right and who is wrong? Is it the "Holy Spirit"?

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

Sin hinders us from knowing all truth my friend. We are all sinners and because of this fact, we don't all agree on certain topics. It's not the Holy Spirits fault, because ? is not the author of confusion. It is our fault due to our sinful nature. But thats why we all have to study to show ourselves apporved. So while believers may agree to disagree on certain issues in christianity, the one that holds us together in a bond of unity is our belief in the Messiah, Jesus Christ. This is the central core part of salvation. Faith in the blood of Christ which has cleansed us from all iniquity and His resurrected life which gaurantees our entrance into His eternal kingdom as redeemed saints of ? . Hallelujah!

Everything else is secondary. Knowing Christ personally by being born again is the only thing that matters. Like Paul so eloquently put it, "For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1Corinthians 2:2) Thats it and thats all. ? bless.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, sin gets in the way of the knowledge of the Word of ? . Okay, yeah. You also say, "it's not the Holy Spirits fault" basically implying that yes, it is the Holy Spirit that leads you biblically right - wrong. That ghost/spirit makes you FEEL the Word of ? and makes you FEEL illuminated about it. Considering that, all 4 of you feel that? If so, the HS is saying you're all right? Every one of you, considering it's a HS entity, are feeling some type of righteousness in your studies. Each one of you in your own minds feels you're right because of ______ and _____ and _____. How is that possible? If you're all filled with a HS and it's truly the bible ? , and the bible is truly the ? then it has to be very impossible for all of you to be wrong and you guys must be on the same page. You're not. Not even the Council of Nicaea could even agree on Jesus being ? or there being a trinity, how so? Why doesn't ? just say, "for heavens sake you morons, here's the TRUTH!"
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I understand what you're saying, sin gets in the way of the knowledge of the Word of ? . Okay, yeah. You also say, "it's not the Holy Spirits fault" basically implying that yes, it is the Holy Spirit that leads you biblically right - wrong. That ghost/spirit makes you FEEL the Word of ? and makes you FEEL illuminated about it. Considering that, all 4 of you feel that? If so, the HS is saying you're all right? Every one of you, considering it's a HS entity, are feeling some type of righteousness in your studies. Each one of you in your own minds feels you're right because of ______ and _____ and _____. How is that possible? If you're all filled with a HS and it's truly the bible ? , and the bible is truly the ? then it has to be very impossible for all of you to be wrong and you guys must be on the same page. You're not. Not even the Council of Nicaea could even agree on Jesus being ? or there being a trinity, how so? Why doesn't ? just say, "for heavens sake you morons, here's the TRUTH!"

You sure do have a way of twisting my words in order to fit your agenda. No where did I imply that the Holy Spirit is the author of confusion, which is what your trying to say I said (or I implied). But I went out of my way to tell you that He isn't the source of confusion, it is our sinful nature. So please stop taking what I said and making it say something that its not. ? bless.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You sure do have a way of twisting my words in order to fit your agenda. No where did I imply that the Holy Spirit is the author of confusion, which is what your trying to say I said (or I implied). But I went out of my way to tell you that He isn't the source of confusion, it is our sinful nature. So please stop taking what I said and making it say something that its not. ? bless.

I meant leads you right FROM wrong ( right - wrong) my bad I typed it wrong.....
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lately I've seen Solid Analysis, True Flesh, DoU and Israelites explain the end times, what it means, what will happen and what is happening.

This is 4 DIFFERENT 'interpretations' (lets just call them that) all 4 reading the same bible. How is this so? How do you know who is right and who is wrong? Is it the "Holy Spirit"?

I let the book speak for itself, line upon line percept upon percept, like that bible instructs us to do, out of the mouths of two or more witnesses in order to establish facts not my opinion..... I don't interpret the scriptures. They speak for themselves. Whenever I speak on something its always keep in its context.... the prophets told the whole story, the apostles just confirmed what they wrote.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I think we might only be able to tell what is right and wrong if we can experience it. Like for example the 'turn the other cheek', the words alone can be judged through logic and reasoning, but to really say if it is right/wrong wisdom, you'd have to experience doing it and not doing it.

As for the book of revelation, I would side with the reasoning of others that the book is actually a 'cryptic' writing on the spiritual development of an individual. Is that reasoning right/wrong? I'd have to experience the development in order to say for sure.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The Bible is understandable. Some parts will often take a bit more time to get than other parts, but you gotta understand a lot of what's taught in the Book will never be understood through the scope of human wisdom. It calls for wisdom of a higher order. Also a lot of things taught in the book are common sense. Paul noted that when we READ the scriptures we may come to understand the things taught to him by the wisdom of ? .

It's easy to see where the understanding of someone is wrong if you know the scriptures that seem to conflict the understanding. If you DON'T know the scriptures that counter their view, then you fresh meat for false teachers. Because u don't know any better. :) But like i said, it's nobody job to know better but your own.

And when it comes to the end times, all you pretty much need to know is what will NOT happen so that you don't get sucked into false doctrine. The way you know what will NOT happen can often be seen in the wording of a single verse that explicitly describe how the end will be. I won't give an example now but i know what i'm talking about. If you don't believe the Bible, you won't accept what that single verse says, and you will proceed to follow the doctrines and theories of men about the end times.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How do you know who is right and who is wrong?
    But this is how most people "know" they are right, not saying they are however:

Most people deeply believe in - but are unaware of - the following premises:
    1. Its true if I believe it.
    2. Its true if we believe it.
    3. Its true if I want to believe it.
    4. Its true if it serves my vested interest to believe it.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    But this is how most people "know" they are right, not saying they are however:

Most people deeply believe in - but are unaware of - the following premises:
    1. Its true if I believe it.
    2. Its true if we believe it.
    3. Its true if I want to believe it.
    4. Its true if it serves my vested interest to believe it.

Right. So how are we for certain this isn't a mindset? Our minds can completely fool us in a dark room in which we THINK we see/hear things. Although we know it's not physically there we believe it is and we have therefore put our minds into fear in thinking of a ghost, monster, person is there to "get us" or whatever. How do we know this isn't the case for religion? Has the mind been tested for religious people?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Right. So how are we for certain this isn't a mindset? Our minds can completely fool us in a dark room in which we THINK we see/hear things. Although we know it's not physically there we believe it is and we have therefore put our minds into fear in thinking of a ghost, monster, person is there to "get us" or whatever. How do we know this isn't the case for religion? Has the mind been tested for religious people?

That's why I said experience is really the only way to know for sure.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Regardless of what you were impling, the way you danced around the question and added scripture, never really answered anything. The truth is, no one knows. Not because of our sinful nature, because if that was the case we people wouldn't hang on to every word of the pastor("former" sinner). The Catholic faith wouldn't constantly be at odds with the Christian religion. Especially since both religions read from the same Bible. All a Christian or any other religious person has to lean on is faith. To ask a Christian to answer a question regarding faith using fact and logic is impossible, because religion is neither based off of fact or logic, just your own personal belief and understanding of it. In other words an opinion.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    Regardless of what you were impling, the way you danced around the question and added scripture, never really answered anything. The truth is, no one knows. Not because of our sinful nature, because if that was the case we people wouldn't hang on to every word of the pastor("former" sinner). The Catholic faith wouldn't constantly be at odds with the Christian religion. Especially since both religions read from the same Bible. All a Christian or any other religious person has to lean on is faith. To ask a Christian to answer a question regarding faith using fact and logic is impossible, because religion is neither based off of fact or logic, just your own personal belief and understanding of it. In other words an opinion.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to ? must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
    Hebrews 11:6

Faith in Jesus Christ is the dividing line between the believer and the non-believer. Saved or lost. There is no in-between. ? bless.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That's why I said experience is really the only way to know for sure.

experience is not objective standard for making moral judgments....why you think Jesus said that even if He testified of only himself, his witness is false? ? is the standard, and the word of ? gives truth and defines what is wrong or evil and what is right.

sry but no, i don't need to experience suicide to know that it's wrong.

i don't need to experience heroin to know it gives a high.

i don't need to experience a bee sting to know that it won't be pleasurable.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to ? must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
    Hebrews 11:6

Faith in Jesus Christ is the dividing line between the believer and the non-believer. Saved or lost. There is no in-between. ? bless.

"faith without work is dead" James 2:20..this implies that you need to do some research, some works...blind faith is never enough.
  • Israelites
    edited November 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    "faith without work is dead" James 2:20..this implies that you need to do some research, some works...blind faith is never enough.

Exactly & if one really reads the book, they will learn the Most High never required "blind faith", that was something that a "scc" came up with in order to do away with the works that's needed to go along w/our faith.
  • toktaylor
    edited November 2010
    Options

We all know that the bible was written and edited by MAN, we know that certain kings (like King James) manipulate the scriptures to fit into their lifestyles and deeds (like bigamy, fornification, adultry etc). It is the fear of HELL, why persons like DoUwant2go2Heaven hesitate to question certain things in the Bible. But he needs to think for a minute what if he is following blindly the rantings of manupulative persons whose only intentions was to control the masses and blind us from the truth about ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    experience is not objective standard for making moral judgments....why you think Jesus said that even if He testified of only himself, his witness is false? ? is the standard, and the word of ? gives truth and defines what is wrong or evil and what is right.

sry but no, i don't need to experience suicide to know that it's wrong.

i don't need to experience heroin to know it gives a high.

i don't need to experience a bee sting to know that it won't be pleasurable.

We've been through this argument before...........
  • JudahIsraelite
    JudahIsraelite Members Posts: 60
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    I let the book speak for itself, line upon line percept upon percept, like that bible instructs us to do, out of the mouths of two or more witnesses in order to establish facts not my opinion..... I don't interpret the scriptures. They speak for themselves. Whenever I speak on something its always keep in its context.... the prophets told the whole story, the apostles just confirmed what they wrote.

beautiful post ahch, plain and simple. The word of the Most High is plain, the problem is people do not study to show themselves approved and read it through the filter of man made doctrines
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2010
    Options

Geniune faith produces work. Works by themself will never save. Thats why ? said in Galatians 2:16, "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Also there is nothing blind about my faith in ? . Blind faith should be applied to something like belief in evolution. Faith in ? is sure and secure. Nothing blind about it. For the evidence of His existence is clearly seen, being understood by all of His creatures, so that nobody is without excuse. Only those who are unbelievers talk about blind faith. ? bless
  • Israelites
    edited November 2010
    Options
    beautiful post ahch, plain and simple. The word of the Most High is plain, the problem is people do not study to show themselves approved and read it through the filter of man made doctrines

plain & simple indeed! Peace Bro
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    because i read it in its original language with an intimate understanding of its cultural nuances.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    because i read it in its original language with an intimate understanding of its cultural nuances.

I'm impressed........................NOT!!!

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. John 6:63-64

Am I the only one engaged in the spiritual warfare ???

PEACE
  • KEITH.MAX
    KEITH.MAX Members Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wait English is ? 's favorite and original language! ? bless America.
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also there is nothing blind about my faith in ? . Blind faith should be applied to something like belief in evolution. Faith in ? is sure and secure. Nothing blind about it. For the evidence of His existence is clearly seen, being understood by all of His creatures, so that nobody is without excuse. Only those who are unbelievers talk about blind faith. ? bless[/QUOTE]

your faith in ? is not the issue (BRAVO!!) it is your faith in the bible (word for word) that is being critisied. keep in mind that ? did not physically write the bible nor did he choose the books to be included or left out neither did he translate it to different languages.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Also there is nothing blind about my faith in ? . Blind faith should be applied to something like belief in evolution. Faith in ? is sure and secure. Nothing blind about it. For the evidence of His existence is clearly seen, being understood by all of His creatures, so that nobody is without excuse. Only those who are unbelievers talk about blind faith. ? bless

your faith in ? is not the issue (BRAVO!!) it is your faith in the bible (word for word) that is being critisied. keep in mind that ? did not physically write the bible nor did he choose the books to be included or left out neither did he translate it to different languages.[/QUOTE]

My faith is in ? alone. And because my faith is in ? , I believe in His holy word 100%. ? is not a man that He should lie. Every word of ? is pure my friend. You don't have to believe it, but I do. And I don't have to apologize for it. The end will declare who was right and who was wrong. Thankfully I already know the answer. ? bless.