How do YOU know YOU'RE RIGHT about the BIBLE?

Options
2»

Comments

• toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    your faith in ? is not the issue (BRAVO!!) it is your faith in the bible (word for word) that is being critisied. keep in mind that ? did not physically write the bible nor did he choose the books to be included or left out neither did he translate it to different languages.

My faith is in ? alone. And because my faith is in ? , I believe in His holy word 100%. ? is not a man that He should lie. Every word of ? is pure my friend. You don't have to believe it, but I do. And I don't have to apologize for it. The end will declare who was right and who was wrong. Thankfully I already know the answer. ? bless.[/QUOTE]

if he did not spoke it you then you cant be sure it is his holy word...if i spoke (or write) to you...it is my word...if someday says they writes on my behalf it is hearsay...even it the best of intention, messages are not often carried 100% verbatim. Even with todays modern electronic medium one has to be wary of the messages one received. But i respect your opinion, some of us are sheeps (being led to the slaughter) while others are lions, that have to be conquered...? bless to you too!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    if he did not spoke it you then you cant be sure it is his holy word...if i spoke (or write) to you...it is my word...if someday says they writes on my behalf it is hearsay...even it the best of intention, messages are not often carried 100% verbatim. Even with todays modern electronic medium one has to be wary of the messages one received. But i respect your opinion, some of us are sheeps (being led to the slaughter) while others are lions, that have to be conquered...? bless to you too!

How can I not be sure? Either ? can be trusted or He can't be trusted. Either ? is true or ? is a liar. Is ? , the creator of heaven and earth, incapable of communicating His truth through 40 different authors and 66 books? Is that task to hard for the one who made the sun? the earth? the heavens? and everything living?

But hey lets go to the word. Is ? lying in this passage of scripture?

"All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16

How bout this one. Is ? lying?

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of ? spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1: 20-21

Every word is established by the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses. Over and over and over again it states this in the Bible. Even though ? doesn't need a witness, He still gives us 2 witnesses. Now is ? lying or is He true?

"let ? be true, but every man a liar;" Romans 3:4

I believe ? . He has never let me down. ? bless.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    We've been through this argument before...........

yes we have......but of course you won't agree because you're the standard
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How can I not be sure? Either ? can be trusted or He can't be trusted. Either ? is true or ? is a liar. Is ? , the creator of heaven and earth, incapable of communicating His truth through 40 different authors and 66 books? Is that task to hard for the one who made the sun? the earth? the heavens? and everything living?

then why would he need authors in the first place, that is what i am saying, he could have written it on tablets like the ten commandments, or leave it on a compact disc, a dvd or something, write it across the sky, you are the one who is limiting ? by taking as gospel (no pun intended) everything that is written in the bible by MAN. You keep quouting the scriptures, the very thing that i am telling you may be flawed...because it was physically written by MAN.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yes we have......but of course you won't agree because you're the standard

I don't understand what you mean by "you're the standard", but to the rest I will agree to: as I have experienced it.
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options

But hey lets go to the word. Is ? lying in this passage of scripture?

"All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16

How bout this one. Is ? lying?

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of ? spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1: 20-21

Every word is established by the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses. Over and over and over again it states this in the Bible. Even though ? doesn't need a witness, He still gives us 2 witnesses. Now is ? lying or is He true?

"let ? be true, but every man a liar;" Romans 3:4

I believe ? . He has never let me down. ? bless.

You are missing the point, i am not questioning ? 's words I am questioning MAN's words. According to the bible, ? wrote (physically) the ten commandments and according to the Bible, MAN wrote the stories. (nearly all the books are named after the authors). If you read the bible cover to cover you will note that the characteristics of ? changes drastically from the old testament to the new testament, and other countless flaws, so it stands to reason that since ? is the same, today, yesterday and tomorrow, that he is omnipotent, capable of everlasting love, then he cannot change, therefore, it is the stories about him that are wrong.

If you dont see where i am having a beef, it is no use continuing this discussion
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why can't we just read the texts plainly and let the Holy Spirit guide us into all truth?

This right here.

How can you be positive if you have the HS? One person can claim this and say the HS led them, the next can say the same thing but says the verse means otherwise. (the ant-christ thread is full of different meanings)

So how do you know, for absolute certain that the HS is leading you down the right way? (I know, it will never lead you astray)

This is why I say, it is a mindset.
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    because I only read it when the spirit leads me to it & to a specific book, I truly understand it and its no doubt the message its given.......so days I wait and go back and try and read the same book and it makes no since at all, be seeming like words there that wasn't when I read it with clarity