Do blind people have souls?

Options
BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
If the eyes are the window to the soul, how come you can't see anything in a blind person's eyes? We can read other people by their eyes, why not blind people?

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lmfao

Options
    Ether rubbed off on you? (in a non-sexual way of course ether)
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

For real though, looking into a blind person's eyes is kind of weird and creepy. And you can't tell if they're lying through their eyes, I would like to know why.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Thread title is ? GOAT and clever. I knew exactly where you were going with it as soon as I saw the title. Haha.

I'd say yes, but their souls are distant and blank.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    distant and blank in the sense they haven't seen ? so their image slate is blank? or distant and blank because their souls are evil and morbid?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You know that stuff that you can get that sticks to your window to make it all blurry and can't see through, thats like blind people's eyes, you can see them you just see into them.
  • Tha Killa
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This thread is ? hilarious though. For all the wrong reasons.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    In a non-sexual way of course?!
    Uhh BA should I tell em or do you want to?

No. Blind people do not have soul. Have you seen them dance?
    They haven't either.

I don't know if they can handle the truth.

Lmao so I'm only half soulless, this is good to know.
  • Tha Killa
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What prompted the question t/s?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    What prompted the question t/s?

Idk really, I was in the shower and the thought popped into my head; that you can't see ? in blind people's eyes and then I sought to find out why.
  • Tha Killa
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Idk really, I was in the shower and the thought popped into my head; that you can't see ? in blind people's eyes and then I sought to find out why.

Bwahahaha @ you going on a Borat-ian journey of blind-soul discovery. Smh.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    Options

I was going to say the same thing...BA's and Ether's threads are becoming more and more similiar...especially when you start to think they are aliases...even when you know they are not. lol
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If the eyes are the window to the soul, how come you can't see anything in a blind person's eyes? We can read other people by their eyes, why not blind people?

Your eyes aren't the windows of your soul. It's the one part of your face that shows the most obvious expression. So if you're blind you wouldn't even know how to show a ? expression, because you've never seen one before. Just like why deaf people sound retarted? It's because they never heard their own voice or the voice of someone else. So they can't immulate the sound and changes in pitch that comes with expression of emotions.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    For real though, looking into a blind person's eyes is kind of weird and creepy. And you can't tell if they're lying through their eyes, I would like to know why.

Eyes don't always tell lies. Body language, change in voice do as well. So if a blind person isn't lying through their eyes, I'm sure there's another way to tell. Possibly ? expressions?
    distant and blank in the sense they haven't seen ? so their image slate is blank? or distant and blank because their souls are evil and morbid?

Good question, is there an answer to that one? Also, you think blind people have evil and morbid souls?
    can pigs fly?

You can make a pig fly.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    So if you're blind you wouldn't even know how to show a ? expression, because you've never seen one before.
    They have ? expressions even though they've never seen a face wtf?
    Eyes don't always tell lies. Body language, change in voice do as well. So if a blind person isn't lying through their eyes, I'm sure there's another way to tell. Possibly ? expressions?
    Also, you think blind people have evil and morbid souls?
    True, but I have a better chance of detecting a lie in a eye than I do in a hand movement or ? gesture. And no, I don't think blind people are evil and morbid, I was wondering what Tha Killer meant by distant and blank.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2010
    Options
    True, but I have a better chance of detecting a lie in a eye than I do in a hand movement or ? gesture.

My daughter is a compulsive liar lol and she's 6 so when she lies it's extremely easy to see. She shakes her hands fast like it hurts, her face becomes red and blank. Yes her eyes do "wander" but she exhibits body language to tell me she's lying or just did something she shouldn't have. My son as well, voice change, instead of a "No, I didn't do that" in a normal voice when telling the truth, he says, "No, I didn't" in a slow and low voice when lying. So yeah, I dunno, I read expressions and body language pretty well I'd like to think and I'm told...
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    can pigs fly?

Wait, so you're saying blind people don't have souls? LOL
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

True, but I have a better chance of detecting a lie in a eye than I do in a hand movement or ? gesture. And no, I don't think blind people are evil and morbid, I was wondering what Tha Killer meant by distant and blank.

Besides that stupid grin on their faces. How much expression have you ever seen the likes of Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder ever show??
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Besides that stupid grin on their faces. How much expression have you ever seen the likes of Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder ever show??

Maybe if I spent more time with them outside of being seen on tv and pictures and smiling for the camera I could say for sure. But I find it silly to think they don't have 'sad' faces or mad faces and ? like that.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they probably have the purest of souls protected from seeing eyes of others that seek them for the sole purpose to cast judgement.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    they probably have the purest of souls protected from seeing eyes of others that seek them for the sole purpose to cast judgement.

Wow, they are lucky.
  • Tha Killa
    edited December 2010
    Options

Damn I ain't see this 'til just now. I meant distant and blank in the sense that they're like deaf people who speak. Without a template to emulate, and since they can't hear their own voice or the voices of others, they sound like an autistic Mike Tyson since they're unaware of the nuances of speech. Such as pitch, tone, depth, etc... So I'd imagine that a blind person's soul be distant since their eyes are always out of focus (they only stare off into the distance) so you can't understand their intent just by seeing into their eyes (ie, their soul is distant because it's impossible to see through it). Nah mean?

Like deaf speech is an attempt to communicate verbally without one of the most important parts of verbal communication (hearing), reading a blind person's intentions through their ? expressions/eyes is a form of non-verbal communication (NVC, if you will) lacking one of THE most important parts of NVC.

And yes, I'd imagine their soul is blank in the sense it's "missing" something vital to what makes us human. A lot of who we are as people is dictated by what we see/hear or HAVE seen/heard. So someone with an impairment like that might just have an "incomplete" soul. I'm prolly wrong about that tho. ? changes his mind more than skrippas change they drawls.

Good question, is there an answer to that one? Also, you think blind people have evil and morbid souls?

Bwahaha. Naw cuh. I knew a couple of blind people and talking to them was a unique perspective into the human condition imo.

True, but I have a better chance of detecting a lie in a eye than I do in a hand movement or ? gesture.

The bolded was outrageously funny yo. No TBS.

Contrary to popular belief, blind people have just as many ? expressions as we do. Honestly there's a lot more depth to theirs since theirs are a lot less filtered than ours. The eyes aren't always a good barometer for lies since a lot of people can, when needed, look you straight in the eye and tell you a rather convincing lie without a hitch. Blind people's ? expressions are purer imo since they don't know how to mask their natural reaction. If I'm in a room with somebody I despise I know how to mask my contempt. Can't say the same for the blind people I know.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you all are putting to much thought into this..If "the eyes are the window to the soul', that doesnt make a blind person soulless, it just means they have tinted windows.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Like deaf speech is an attempt to communicate verbally without one of the most important parts of verbal communication (hearing), reading a blind person's intentions through their ? expressions/eyes is a form of non-verbal communication (NVC, if you will) lacking one of THE most important parts of NVC.

Contrary to popular belief, blind people have just as many ? expressions as we do. Honestly there's a lot more depth to theirs since theirs are a lot less filtered than ours. The eyes aren't always a good barometer for lies since a lot of people can, when needed, look you straight in the eye and tell you a rather convincing lie without a hitch. Blind people's ? expressions are purer imo since they don't know how to mask their natural reaction. If I'm in a room with somebody I despise I know how to mask my contempt. Can't say the same for the blind people I know.

Some deaf people can speak VERY well, I know many many deaf people because my parents are deaf so yeah but for the most part you're right.

Yeah, also, ? expressions aren't really learned they're more so natural. Babies don't "learn" to give me a mad, sad, hurt, nasty, happy face. It's all automatic. So all the "blind people don't see ? expressions so they don't express them" is ? lol