How can you see what Rose, Westbrook, Deron is doin and STILL say:

Options

Comments

• WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rondo has a ring. Something the others do not have.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »
    Rondo does all the little things, he has that intangible aspect to his game. He's definitely a top pg in the league but I don't think he's better then those guys. He definitely gets penalized for not being more of a scorer. he has active hands on defense but he's not a great individual defender/ But the thing is he does play @ a high level but he gets his ? handed to him most nights when he plays other pgs. Like a Rose or a Williams or CP3. I personally rank him at number 5 on my pg list.

Exactly. Now if everybody framed it like this, i'd have nothing bad to say about him...

But its always soembody wanna jump out the window and crown em. Word to Denny Green
  • S2J
    edited November 2010
    Options

Lets not go there bro lmao

Even Rondo fans will tell u they won in spite of him that year, not becasue of him. Hes gotten drastically better.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    SIGH

@ bolded: Last i checked, i believe they do keep stats for steals, rebounds, and dunks (aka points), so that, too, would be in the 'stat book' SMMFH

And let me be more specific. We ALL agree Rondo aint better than them.

Unles you disagree with that, there is no reason to talk further.

? ....ok if stats are that much more important

then why do nba scouts go to games.. (college and nba) to check out a player?

u dont disgree with that then we NOW HAVE NOTHING TO FURTHER DISCUSS...
  • WildcatOffense
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lets not go there bro lmao

Even Rondo fans will tell u they won in spite of him that year, not becasue of him. Hes gotten drastically better.
    *Just saying*
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

adam morrison has 2 rings... im just saying

if its late in the game Rondo cant hit the clutch shot or free throw....

D.Will
    CP3
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Rondo

he top 5 though
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

Well a scouts job is to actually go to the games anyway so u really have no argument there.....ud be a ? scout if u didn't go whether or not u judge a player based solely off stats.....I agree tho that Rondos intangibles are underrated in this thread
  • WildcatOffense
    edited November 2010
    Options
    adam morrison has 2 rings... im just saying

if its late in the game Rondo cant hit the clutch shot or free throw....

D.Will
    CP3
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Rondo

he top 5 though

Like Adam Morrison contributed to the laker teams foh.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    point me out to the person that said that...or i'm calling b.s...no "well i seen it on facebook, or n8gs around my way ? "

and there's a difference between talking about their skill sets as a point guard compare to just talkin about their skill sets as a player....

first..the media overhypes everyone..

2nd...the IC overhypes everyone and we have trolls in here, who do not know ish of what they speak..ish we have reg posters in here too (dont know ish of what they speak)

and 3rd but not least.. how often do u guys sit here and think atheletes speak the truth all the time, and magic along with a host of others were talking about him from a point guard stand point

like barkley said "dude can take over a game without scoring"

u katz fall in love with a dude putting up points and not realizing there's more to a person's game then points..so i guess cuz rodman, n ben wallace can't shoot..than we should disregrad them as players...

rondo can't shoot..not a new flash..but what he can do puts him up there with everyone else..run the team, rebound, scrappyness, assist and dee..

evualting a player has always been about more then just numbers..this aint fantasy teams homie..n is "cute" stuff is actuall facts..and a little thing called PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAIL..

where did i ever say he was better then any of these ppl?

just like i'm still waiting for you to be specific on your thread about point out the ppl who said this..i'm want u to point out where i said, or not answer ur question??

this rondo being the best thing is funnny..ppl on the ic really butt hurt about this..like everyone in here doesnt over rate players and makes threads about them..smh!! ha ha

Ok i'm saying paying attention to detail because your post was direct toward me like i said rondo was better then those players....so that's why i said that...again like i also said..magic and barkley (for instance) was not talking about rondo being the best player..which is what you are trying to get at..but being the best point guard..or how effective he is as a point guard..i also took it a step further to say what magic be saying ain't gossip and is part of the media over hyping players...

again u are stuck on the scoring aspect of the game...which i said..no sh*t rondo can't shoot...he does other stuff on the court night in and out to make him an effective player....to get the hype he is getting on tv....go ahead and don't guard him..dear him he's gonna either have to stop being scare and shoot it...

but my main point is..

he does enough on the court to be consider among them...again i'lll say it again...he does enough on the court to be consider among them..not better then..but among them...now u have me saying it again so when u reply back..u wont come at me from a stand point that i said he was better then them

and overall this thead is pointless AGAIN

because n*gs on the ic overrate players all the time, and make threads after they watch one game..that rondo playoff thread was done how long ago?? And u using that has a reference..come on dude

and that top point guard thread had him at number 5 or 4 among most posters...so again making this thread was pointless since THE COMMON SENSE HERE ON RONDO is about the same....i mean damn either u not paying attention to what i'm saying or u dont wanna read....

ps:

u dont just jude a player on stats alone....again i said that to you..no level head'd person does...no nba scout does....

lmao....

you wasnt saying it... but its obvious from these butt-hurt responses you were thinking it
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    rondo is a good player; but take him off the celtics and his flaws will really be exposed
  • ghost!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    lmao....

you wasnt saying it... but its obvious from these butt-hurt responses you were thinking it

ahh no not even closet...
  • S2J
    edited November 2010
    Options

I really dont like repeating myself: I gave you prophesy and you lamed out...Scouts go to games to notice things like...this:

When you play those other guys, defensively, as a PG, your in for a night. When you play Rondo, you cant guard an assist. You fear his speed in the open court, but you worry really about hedging on Ray Allen on screens, you worry about helpng whoever guards Pierce in the post...you dont worry about Rondo overpowering you, his mid range, threes, post game, etc.

Have you ever seen an actual scouting sheet from an actual scout? It will look like that, what i wrote 2 hours ago. No box score is needed to notice those obvious differenceas in their games...Friggin schmuck...

SMH @ the 'intangibles' you mentioned being actual stats!, the same 'stats' you claim dont mean nothing...A steal, offensive rebound, or 'dunk in the lane' (smh, your words, duke) is NOT AN INTANGIBLE LMAO

My gaww
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I really dont like repeating myself: I gave you prophesy and you lamed out...Scouts go to games to notice things like...this:

When you play those other guys, defensively, as a PG, your in for a night. When you play Rondo, you cant guard an assist. You fear his speed in the open court, but you worry really about hedging on Ray Allen on screens, you worry about helpng whoever guards Pierce in the post...you dont worry about Rondo overpowering you, his mid range, threes, post game, etc.

Have you ever seen an actual scouting sheet from an actual scout? It will look like that, what i wrote 2 hours ago. Friggin schmuck...

Exacrly cats worry about the likes of Rose and Westbrook because they put the pressure on the defense in the open floor or in the halfcourt.
  • S2J
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And i'll finish with this...

Any real ngg@ who actyually PLAYS BASKETBALL has witnessed this.

You playin a stacked team, they got that 1 weak link, No J Simpson... so you cheat off him...

9/10...who ends up killin you, JUST cuz he's so open???

Yall ngg@$ dont hoop man lmao FOH
  • ghost!
    edited November 2010
    Options

Have you ever seen an actual scouting sheet from an actual scout? It will look like that, what i wrote 2 hours ago. No box score is needed to notice those obvious differenceas in their games...Friggin schmuck...

SMH @ the 'intangibles' you mentioned being actual stats!, the same 'stats' you claim dont mean nothing...A steal, offensive rebound, or 'dunk in the lane' (smh, your words, duke) is NOT AN INTANGIBLE LMAO

My gaww

look i really hate debating with clowns like you, just pressing the matter and missing the point..ur premise of this thread is to say rondo aint better then those players...i said to you point me out to the ppl who have said that...i baskically stated to you that ish ppl say on IC should be taken with a grain of salt. U came at me from the stand point that i said rondo was bettter then..i clearly point out to you that not only i didnt say that...but the common knowledge here is he is top 5, top 4 as a point with his shooting being a major issue...which i guess u are agreeing on....

bottomline...he's not better then..but he is equal too and stats aren't the only thing..u aren't worry about how rondo scores but u worry about how he runs the team..the team (the c's) work better as a unit and are more effective and hard to beat when he is on the floor..that's ALSO HOW A SCOUT WILL SEE AND TELL YOU...THAT IS SOMETHING stats wouldn't tell you if ur judging a/the player

this aint one on one..to date most teams who have beat the c's never did it by just letting rondo shoot...

now gaww..ur thread is unwarrent..cuz nobody, or most of the heads who watch basketball don't have him higher then 4 or 5 and see him as just as good in his own way as those players...for u to make this thread is pointless cuz aint nobody talking about rondo over even saying rondo>>>>>*insert player*

stop the bullsh*t your thread pointless..aka i thought this was common knowledge he aint better than...

good ? i'm done now..
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    for the sake of this convo... what characteristics do you see as most important in a PG
  • ghost!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    prada_g24 wrote: »
    for the sake of this convo... what characteristics do you see as most important in a PG

bet his says scoring.....
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    rondo is a good player; but take him off the celtics and his flaws will really be exposed

Exactly. It's like the NFL, you got good qb's and great qb's but some are that way because of the system they're playing in. Rondo is a good pg, I'm not denying that but I don't think he'd flourish like he is now if he wasn't in doc rivers system.
  • b*braze
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ahh no not even closet...

If you don't believe rondo is better... Then why so defensive?
  • ghost!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    If you don't believe rondo is better... Then why so defensive?

am i being defensive or i'm having a debate...plz explain how would u like me to debate...i look around here and see me doing what everyone else is doing..

so now i can't comment how i want to comment on rondo or anyother plyer for you or someone else to not completely taken it out of context..which is what u are doing now...
  • b*braze
    edited November 2010
    Options
    bet his says scoring.....

Heres the difference... Those aforementioned players can do everything rondo can do + score = better than him

Also none of those guys are the ? in their respective team's armor

We all know rondo's glaring defiency.

Although, I will say... Westbrook hasn't done enough to be put over rondo.
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i do feel that d will and cp3 are the best in the league. but when rondo has to score he tries (24 10 10) in that series wit chi. he's offensively challenged but i can't say d rose and westbrook are head and shoulders better than him
  • ghost!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Heres the difference... Those aforementioned players can do everything rondo can do + score = better than him

Also none of those guys are the ? in their respective team's armor

We all know rondo's glaring defiency.

Although, I will say... Westbrook hasn't done enough to be put over rondo.

really that's ur opinion...i know where this is going..if i cont. to try to make a point ? gonna miss it..

if rondo shooting is the way to beat the c's..then why hasn't more teams done it yet?????

and prada24 it doesnt matter..? gonna harp on his shooting more then anything else..everyone else is overhyping him....according to katz...
  • b*braze
    edited November 2010
    Options
    point me out to the person that said that...or i'm calling b.s...no "well i seen it on facebook, or n8gs around my way ? "

and there's a difference between talking about their skill sets as a point guard compare to just talkin about their skill sets as a player....

And what exactly are you debating with the bolded?

Looks defensive to me...
  • ghost!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    And what exactly are you debating with the bolded?

Looks defensive to me...

i ask who said he is bettter then those players overall...that's what i'm trying to say...i dont think he is better then those player overall..equal in his own right but not better then..i post'd many diff. forum of this statement here that you clearly look'd over......