Quick video on love

Options
Rock_Well
Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)

take careful notes on what he says...you too BA since I'm pretty sure you'll find this to be a good watch.

i'll come back later to point out some things

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What did you want to discuss about the video?
  • Rock_Well
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The guy in the vid has a phd and regards himself as a wholosopher. He makes some interesting points but I guess some of what he says will fly completely over average ppls heads.

No thoughts or objections to the ideas about love that he brought up that yall wanna share?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    He's pretty much saying what I've already come to figure out on my own. So he's not really ground breaking. But good stuff.
  • Rock_Well
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, so love is an eternal force that we need to make a concious decision to align ourselves with? What religion does that come from again?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, so love is an eternal force that we need to make a concious decision to align ourselves with? What religion does that come from again?

No religion. It's a state of being.
  • Rock_Well
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    No religion. It's a state of being.

i can respect that as a state of being. But i'm pretty sure the idea stems from teachings of transcendental meditation - which is a vehicle for teaching parts of Hinduism beliefs. <--- And of course modern-day men with PHDs regarding themselves as philosophers won't tell you that, but would rather purport what they say as scientific fact. dood literally said "if you're not feeling the love, it's no one's fault". He would have his audience believe that. That is complete utter bull ? .

I want to use this as an oppourtunity to turn people to the Bible for a second (oh noes!). To the whole R&R: the idea of love presented in that video does not come from the mind of ? . Oh how disrespectful can one be? You insult the Son of ? , the one that, by obedience to ? 's will, suffered and got up on that cross, and shed blood for the sake of His people while they still stood as sinners, and indirectly blame the Son of ? for his own suffering. SMH! tut tut
    you know what the Son of ? called His disciple Peter when Peter tried to tell Him he wouldn't suffer? Take notice - " Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
    Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!” Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of ? , but the things of men.” (Matthew 16:21-23)

THis is just a mild example of some of the ideas men come up with when they turn aside from the teaching of ? 's word and seek to establish their own righteousness. What Love IS is defined in the Bible. Look it up. Jesus is the incarnation of love sent by ? . And Jesus life is a living reflection and example of how insulting and disrespectful men treat their ? every day. Spit in His face, make a mockery of Him, and all others kinds of evil. All of that, and ? still holds his hand out and asks that we choose turn to Him. And how do you demonstrate your appreaciation? You claim to love ? but how many sacriffices do you make towards that end.
    But of course they don't teach you that through man made religion.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't know about this one. I prefer what 1 Corinthians 13 says about love.