Stories You Have to Question In the Bible...

2»

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    toktaylor wrote: »
    that is exactly the major flaw and characteristics of the stories in the bible...they are subject to interpretations...if you take the stories at face value, you are told (by christians) that they are not literal if you then apply logic, then you are told that you are adding stuff and jumping to conclusions. This what has led to the varied denominations and conflicts (even genocides) throughout history by religion and why it is impossible for us to agree on the messages that are being projected from the stories in the bible. However, whatever approach is taken, common sense still tell us that these are just stories...fear of the unknown, forces others (like you) to cling to the belief and "play it safe" attitude so that you may get into "heaven".

if you read the source material in its original language you can understand it better.
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2011
    many different writers, many different stories from one chapter to the other, stories not flowing from one to the other and so and so on...this explantion is not helping your cause to the authenticity of the bible...

why do u think im making a case for biblical authenticity? its not authentic. its based on the tanach and the Septuagint. its misstranslated. hebrew thought is not compatabile with greek thought and neither can fully be understood via the english language. theres enough specific real ? going on with the bible. no need to make up additional ? .
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2011
    what constituted a marriage in those days..going before a preacher and presenting a ring?

who are you talking to like that? thats stupid. if pharoah ? sarai then she would be guilty of adultery because she was allready married to abram. it never says pharoah and sarai got married nor does it say they had sex. you got a serious problem. i see what u are trying to do here.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    All of them, because there is no proof any were ordered by ? aka the undeniable supreme being
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    who are you talking to like that? thats stupid. if pharoah ? sarai then she would be guilty of adultery because she was allready married to abram. it never says pharoah and sarai got married nor does it say they had sex. you got a serious problem. i see what u are trying to do here.
    but they were not guilty of ? (Abram married and boning his sister) and the pharoah (and his household) was punished with plagues for just holding hands with saria...go figure.
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2011
    but they were not guilty of ? (Abram married and boning his sister) and the pharoah (and his household) was punished with plagues for just holding hands with saria...go figure.

he lied about that. she wasnt his sister dude. if u insist so, then prove it by quote
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Genesis 12:
    14 When Abram came to Egypt, the Egyptians saw that Sarai was a very beautiful woman. 15 And when Pharaoh’s officials saw her, they praised her to Pharaoh, and she was taken into his palace. 16 He treated Abram well for her sake, and Abram acquired sheep and cattle, male and female donkeys, male and female servants, and camels.

17 But the LORD inflicted serious diseases on Pharaoh and his household because of Abram’s wife Sarai. 18 So Pharaoh summoned Abram. “What have you done to me?” he said. “Why didn’t you tell me she was your wife? 19 Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ so that I took her to be my wife? Now then, here is your wife. Take her and go!” 20 Then Pharaoh gave orders about Abram to his men, and they sent him on his way, with his wife and everything he had.

judahxulu let the IC decide if i have done any injustice to the story...the above is from KJV
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    he lied about that. she wasnt his sister dude. if u insist so, then prove it by quote
    so he was just conveneniently a lyer, and i suppose this is not adultery either...(genesis 16)
    Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, and she conceived.
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011

here is your quote... genesis 20:12
    Abraham replied, “I said to myself, ‘There is surely no fear of ? in this place, and they will ? me because of my wife.’ 12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife. 13 And when ? had me wander from my father’s household, I said to her, ‘This is how you can show your love to me: Everywhere we go, say of me, “He is my brother.”’”

you still require more proof..i suggest you should read your bible (the stories) before you try to defend them....nuff said!!
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    ? kills 42 children for teasing
    2 Kings 2:23-24
    From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Non ? male cannot enter heaven
    Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male ? is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

We can’t just be letting anyone in. We have to draw the line somewhere, sex is obviously very important in heaven.
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Gold and silver ? ?
    Ezekiel 16:17 NIV

You also took the fine jewelry I gave you, the jewelry made of my gold and silver, and you made for yourself male idols and engaged in prostitution with them

What did she do with her gold and silver idols?...can anyone guess?