What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is society becoming anti-social?

makaveli03makaveli03 Posts: 2,392
edited December 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
back in the day people would stay in touch almost every day. literally. Nowadays niggas dont hear from each other in like months

Replies

• one_manshowone_manshow Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    makaveli03 wrote: »
    back in the day people would stay in touch almost every day. literally. Nowadays niggas dont hear from each other in like months

That was due to childhood/teenager years and phase people got careers and money to make meaning no more time for bullshitting unless its something serious.

Social media/technology had made people more lazy though...no need to call someone when you can text them or fb them.
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    You can order a cock-suckin pizza on the internet. We really do live in an impersonal society.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • makaveli03makaveli03 Posts: 2,392
    edited November 2010
    nigga what?

u know what this thread is about stop trying too hard to look dumb
  • BiblicalAtheist BiblicalAtheist Prude FieldsPosts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    That's perfect, keep em separate and aloof, that way they won't come together for any revolts.
  • 100%Sagittarius100%Sagittarius Posts: 478
    edited November 2010
    Yes, anti-social in the fact that it's damn near impossible to have a regular conversation/ date/ night out without the person being on their phone/ taking pictures/ shooting videos/ etc. People don't really live in the real world anymore because they are convinced that their facebook/ twitter lives are real.
  • Young GunnerYoung Gunner Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Im already somewhat anti-social but thats because of different surroundings ive been in
  • muffdizzlemuffdizzle Posts: 253
    edited November 2010
    Yes, anti-social in the fact that it's damn near impossible to have a regular conversation/ date/ night out without the person being on their phone/ taking pictures/ shooting videos/ etc. People don't really live in the real world anymore because they are convinced that their facebook/ twitter lives are real.

They aren't? o_O
  • glowyglowy Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Oh, you mean asocial.

I was about to come in here and say that society use to be far worse, but you didn't mean anti-social.

Regarding the thread, I wouldn't know, I don't ever initiate conversations with people.
  • chi-guychi-guy Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    The net done changed everything up but I think that's one of the worse thing the net has done. Texting and tweets is the norm now. It's rare that numbers get dialed now lol. People don't even conversate when their in person. i remember being @ work and this fool sitting 20 feet away from me instead of saying something she sent me a text. I didn't even respond to that crap. The internet is stripping people of their people skills. Now eveyone just types what they have to say. Very sad.
  • MeTaLMeTaL Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Yes,many people feel that with the advances in technology we are moving towards a more anti-social/stay-home society. The movie Wall-E did a good job of showing what a society like this may end up being; major weight gain, people mentally lost in a cyber world, individuals extremely oblivious to a non-virtual world. If you ever saw the movie surrogate, It takes this concept a step further by showing us what the world would be like if we were all able to simply plug in and let a robot physically live our lives for us. With the advances in technology it seems that we have more opportunities to connect with one another, so I really believe that we as people are really getting lost in a cyber world.
    人々は外の広い世界を知っ決して、自分の狭い経験によって物事を判断するために満足していま
    ms.jones wrote: »
    As for the black man...he can be one of the hardest, most heart-wrenching person to love and cherish...but the love that he gives makes it all worthwhile...his skin, his back, his character, and his soul is what makes me love him for all eternity...be him right or be him wrong, I am his rib, and his wisdom...to forsake him is to be my death. I love him, because he is me.
    :-) :-)
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Mannnnn listen, he's feeling like a bum ass nigga, and wants to release those feelings of aintshitness. He spent his whole tax return on some other broad's kid (s), and now he feel like shit for not doing right by his own flesh and blood.

He wants you to bring babygirl to Subway so he can take a few pics and post them shits on Facebook with the caption 'Had lunch with my #1lady. #Daddydaughterday'

Psssh, you already know what it is. I'd take a picture of the back of my baby's head and be like 'We looking past you.'

grwJXrX.jpg

tumblr_n0p241uQ0Y1rkxks9o1_500.png
    tumblr_mjiettCibc1rju5cqo1_250.gif
    4556.gif
    icecoldchampagne.gifc1.jpg
    tumblr_m9h3qkWE2l1ruz6zso1_500.gif
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 35,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Yea cuz whenever JEFF AXEL gets a shorty's number she would rather text then talk
    http://teamdar.bandcamp.com/

^^^^^^^ U WANT AN ALBUM WITH MULTIPLE TOPICS THAT SOUNDS DIFFERENT THEN YOUR EVERYDAY MUSIC YOU HEAR ON THE RADIO. YOU WANT SOMEONE WITH A UNIQUE DELIVERY WHO HAS SUBSTANCE AS WELL. THE LINK ABOVE COOLIN IN AXELWORLD IS FOR U, START ON TRACK 1 AND JUST LET IT RIDE ALL OPINIONS AND FEEDBACK WELCOMED

• Chillin&PostinChillin&Postin Posts: 3,057
    edited December 2010
    yes and its very simple to see...

people are wayyyy more familiar texting than talkin

people would rather IM than talk

and it seems more folks prefer meeting potential dates online than actually goin out and meeting desirables
  • T-RelT-Rel NCPosts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^basically
  • The_IntrovertThe_Introvert Posts: 796
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I think it forces people to only interact with the circle of contacts available at the reach of an electronic device. Back in the day you were kind of forced to spark up a conversation with strangers or at least had more incentive to do so. Now if your in an unfamiliar area you just whip out your mobile phone and check FB messages or text the same group of people you typically interact with.
  • -Karl--Karl- Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Will Munny wrote: »
    You can order a cock-suckin pizza on the internet.

Link ?
  • King EraunoKing Erauno Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    yep. because u dont need to use a phone to talk to people nowadays. facebook...email...text...etc
  • powerman 5000powerman 5000 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    This thread is all over the place. I think society more anti-social because people are caring less and less about each other and life in general and i don't think it has anything to do with the internet.
    Cris “Cyborg” Justino: “I’ll Make Ronda Rousey’s Mom Cry When I Beat Her Pussy Daughter”

Screen_Shot_2016_01_25_at_12_01_26_PM.png