iight this time it starts forreal

Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Weight Room
i just got off the phone with my homeboy fom middle school who competes in boxing/muay thai/mma now....

i told him i'm 265 i'm trying to get down to 230 or better by june.....whasup?

he was like friday meet him at his house he's currently training his two cousins andi can just hop in....we can jog during the mornings... and he gets some mats to put in his basement in February and hopefully by then i got my wind all the way back so we can work on grappling (we're both ex wrestlers)

so hopefully i stick to it this time....

oh..and side note..i used to borderline bully this ? when we were in middle school... nothing traumatic cuz we were always cool, but never know how bad the bullying is when ur not a the end of it....

so yea..if i wind up missing...someone should contact my family

Comments

• Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Disorderlies_Soundtrack_Image.jpg

Good luck kid you were the GOAT in this movie
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    265 pounds is not that bad at all..I know guys who 265 and build like a tank. But for you however it seems you want lean muscle and be at 230 which is absolutely great. But ill say imo that 205 will be great for you..
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    205?

naw that's waaayyyy too much weight....i'd have to have a killer routine to maintain that weight......

235 i'd carry very comfortably....

i'm only 6ft, and i already have a pretty large build... it's just getting a tad bit sloppy....and i don't feel like i got my wind like i used to....
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    Disorderlies_Soundtrack_Image.jpg

Good luck kid you were the GOAT in this movie

lol....whatever lil ? , u needa take up some boxing so u stop beating up 13year olds
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ? aint gonna help unless you change your diet Du. 60% of your results come from your diet.
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    MeTaL wrote: »
    265 pounds is not that bad at all..I know guys who 265 and build like a tank. But for you however it seems you want lean muscle and be at 230 which is absolutely great. But ill say imo that 205 will be great for you..

205, is not that bad at all, that's equivalent to a ufc light heavyweight fighter. But 235 since your 6,1 is good for you then.. Now you must have good diet plan as well. Such as no junk food, butter and oil. More veggies and fruits. But not too much fruits(high level of sugar) Alot of water and 3 meals a day only. Your exercise must be real intense. Take your body to it's limit.
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    like for example my diet routine
    My diet consist of:
    Eating, 3-4 meals a day.
    Good proteins (Chicken, Turkey, lean pork/beef, lots of eggs ) 1.5g/kg of BW( Black Milk)
    Good veggies (especially string beans, broccoli and spinach)
    1-1.5 servings of fruit a day (typically oranges/apples)
    Low carbs (whole grains), eating them PWO as much as possible.
    Drinking only water and whey protien
    No HFCS, few simple sugars, etc.
    Creatine in my body everyday and along with nitrogen oxide.
    Along with extensive power lifting and weightlifting every 3 days, then before I go to bed at night, I do about 5 sets of diamond push ups and spider push ups as well.
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    yea that's what i'm the most worried about... the diet aspect of it.. i'm hella stubborn when it comes to my diet.......i know that's my weak spot
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    dusouljah wrote: »
    yea that's what i'm the most worried about... the diet aspect of it.. i'm hella stubborn when it comes to my diet.......i know that's my weak spot

dude you can do this ? man, only take good amount of commitment. I know junk food and pizza can be addictive,but you can overcome that. Once you do that, the results will be well done..
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    dude you can do this ? man, only take good amount of commitment. I know junk food and pizza can be addictive,but you can overcome that. Once you do that, the results will be well done..

lol, i know HOW to diet.....i jut HATE that ? ..

ugh...imma just start taking some hydroxycut or something like that
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    lol, i know HOW to diet.....i jut HATE that ? ..

ugh...imma just start taking some hydroxycut or something like that

Better yet, start drinking whey protein every morning..
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    worked the pads and the heavy bag yesterday... ? was a work out
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    you can do it du :)

give yourself a cheat day, it'll make the dieting a lil easier
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    junegemini wrote: »
    you can do it du :)

give yourself a cheat day, it'll make the dieting a lil easier

lol, a friend from dc coming up saturday to meet my lady.. we're all going to get crab cakes, and i already promised my little nephew when he get outt he hospital we're going to red robin....yummmmmmmmm
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    not a cheat day..but a cheat MEAL....big difference...? Du gonna have McDonalds for breakfast, hit up a buffet for lunch, then have him mama hook him up with some soul food for dinner on cheat "days"....1 cheat meal every week or 2
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    worked the pads and the heavy bag yesterday... ? was a work out

You should practice may thai kickboxing, very effective when you put boxing into the formula.

back on your weight suggestion, you might want do some cardio as well( increase your stamina and endurance.)
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    You should practice may thai kickboxing, very effective when you put boxing into the formula.

back on your weight suggestion, you might want do some cardio as well( increase your stamina and endurance.)

i use the rope a lot just to keep a sweat going...
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    i use the rope a lot just to keep a sweat going...

good ? , as long you doing some cardio, whether it be jump rope, swimming or sprint, as well for your weightlifting.
  • J-GUTTA
    edited December 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    not a cheat day..but a cheat MEAL....big difference...? Du gonna have McDonalds for breakfast, hit up a buffet for lunch, then have him mama hook him up with some soul food for dinner on cheat "days"....1 cheat meal every week or 2

Yo when I tell people the same thing they face just goes to "? this ? " . I work at the gym on the weekends too and I can't even begin to tell you how many people I see going on 10 for a month just to never return.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    the cheat meal gives me something to look forward to after all the working out and eating healthy during the week
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    Better yet, start drinking whey protein every morning..

how bout creatine?
  • J-GUTTA
    edited December 2010
    how bout creatine?

Creatine is actually water weight gain really. Your better off lugging around a gallon of water as you work out for what you want to do Du.....You want to get slimmer right?
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Creatine is actually water weight gain really. Your better off lugging around a gallon of water as you work out for what you want to do Du.....You want to get slimmer right?

short answer ...yea...

i wanna look as good as i can without quitting drinking
  • J-GUTTA
    edited December 2010
    short answer ...yea...

i wanna look as good as i can without quitting drinking

IMPOSSIBLE DU!!!!!!!

Man my G you have to substitute all the bad stuff until it just don't eat/drink it anymore. It's all a mind thing. Bet sacrifice at least 1 month of drinking and see the difference in your weight. I gave up soda and in 2 weeks lost 10lbs yo. But always do cardio as part of your workout and go light but a lot of reps and sets with your weight training.
  • Dupac
    edited December 2010
    yea, i mean i don't drink as much at all.. i just drink on the weekends.. and besides that i only drink water.. and occasionally coffe in the morning....

i watch my normal diet for the most part....i'm pretty good wit not eating just flat out ? i know that's bad for me....

and i'm working out hard....

i just know if i go a month without drinking... i'm liable to be like "? it"