Invader fresh rebellion x-mas sale!

Options
arabella
arabella Members Posts: 12
edited December 2010 in Fashion Forward
Since this is my first post.... I'd like to invite you to check out http://www.ifrla.com. J.Link is an experienced artist who is superb in what he does. Born on the peninsula of San Pedro CA, J. Link was destined to live the California lifestyle since day one. His parents transplanted the family across the bridge to Long Beach City. This is where he got his first taste of beach life mixed with urban landscape. It was clear to him the paradox that was his reality, on one hand the bright sunny beach and on the other, a shifty hustling city. Throughout his teens he would catch the Land shark bus to Seal Beach where he surfed, skated, and played music under the south side pier all day long beneath the bright blue skies. As night fell, he traveled home and would stare out the window of the city transit bus. He would notice the gradual change from big million dollar homes to small earth tone urban lots that NWA depicted so well. He was intrigued by the fact that the more urban the surroundings, the more freedom he had artistically and his love for graffitti was born.
Like most artists his need to use different mediums came very early as he quickly moved to airbrushing and painting with oils before he was in high school. It’s no surprise that his school art classes always seemed to be his best grades and it was apparent where he excelled. He had a semester in college of art classes but that was short lived and once again he turned to the streets to use as his canvas. It was at this time, by chance, that he was approached for an apprenticeship with a well known local tattoo artist Randy Reeves who took him under his wing and showed the young artist the ways of the needle. With full
attention to detail, J.Link spent several years tattooing professionally and still to this day does custom work out of his private studio. His story is not without faults or set backs and has taken his experiences to drive this brand forward.
Presently, J.Link handles all of the day to day business as well as creating all the art for his brand, overseeing every aspect of the company. Meshing all styles of influence has become the trademark of his images and he is continually growing as an artist. Not straying from his roots is what he is all about. He often reminisces about the days under the pier and the long rides home on the bus and dedicates this brand to all of those kids taking the same trip home and discovering something new. Best said by the artist himself for the future plans of INVADER, “I plan to invade and concur and have fun and do what I love all at the same time”. There are no rules,stay Fresh Till Death. Join the revolution as INVADER becomes the “NEW FRESH REBELLION”.

X-mas-Web3.gif

Comments

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    DOPE ? !! I love it and welcome to FF :)

Do you personally know this artist?
  • arabella
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thank you so much! Ha! I just added you a minute ago too! LoL I just happen to run into this forum and quickly gravitated to all the great opportunities. I'm extremely excited and look forward to getting to know more about this.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks boo!! I had added you too :)
    Glad to have more females checking out the site and FF :)
    If you know the artist personally have him sign up and feature his stuff online.
    Are you an artist too? What do you like to do?
  • arabella
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah this site is tight! I'll definitely have him sign up on here just so he can self promote his stuff. If you have check him out you can see how he's does tattoes, canvas painting, spray, and all the stuff you can think of what an artist does. He's even in a band. LoL I wish I had more of niche like him with art, but the only thing I do is sing and dance. =)