Post Your Whip. (PIX Inside)

Options

Comments

• FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    my point was I don't buy new cars that have unknown problems...try and keep up.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I find it funny that GT-R video showed me nothing about what that Jalopnik article was about...I will admit I did not know very much about this situation but I do know it WAS FIXED. And for the record, the owners signed a waiver on voiding their warranty if they engaged Launch Control and then cause damage, then did JUST THAT and complain? I don't think that's a legit gripe. All the car magazine have heralded this car as one of the greatest advancements in car tech ever and this is what you bring me to compare to a mustang driveshaft FALLING OUT at 135? Really guy?

And as far as the Toyota? its hardly the situation Ford has. Ford PURPOSELY outsourced their transmission and driveshafts to China to become more profitable, THEY CUT CORNERS for a bottomline NOT QUALITY. Ford is ALSO DENYING this problem exists.

You were saying now?

Dude, I agree with what you're saying. But how long did it take Toyota to admit there was an issue and do the recall? What about Honda Issuing a recall? The new Mustang hasn't been out for a full year yet, if there are enough complaints Ford will do whats right and fix the problem just like Toyota did.

Simple question that you still haven't answered. Don't ALL car company's have complaints about something with some of their cars and if enough complaints are filed a recall is done?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Every car companiy has issues yes...I'm not disputing that, what I am saying is the severity of the situation Ford has and is IGNORING is FAAAAAR different.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    my point was I don't buy new cars that have unknown problems...try and keep up.

What are you complaining about then? So you saying its ok for Nissan to put a transmission in a car that can't handle the power the car has? Yeah they eventually fixed that issue. Now we have Ford, a few transmission problems have come up in some cars and you complaining that they haven't fixed it yet? Give them the opportunity to fix the issue if its wide spread which by all indications we don't know if it is yet.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Every car companiy has issues yes...I'm not disputing that, what I am saying is the severity of the situation Ford has and is IGNORING is FAAAAAR different.

You know they have to research the issue right? How do we know it's not the owners fault that the transmission is acting like that? I been a member of a Mustang forum for over 7 years, this issue isn't as wide spread as you making it out to be. Hell there were some new Mustang owners that had never heard of this problem. Like I said, if the issue is as big as YOU think it is Ford WILL issue a recall to fix this problem just like every other car company would.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Jalopnik did a story on that also, look it up. They are ignoring it.

and FWIW this ? with Ford is going on a year now so yeah....they'll fix it.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ok bro, I just posted an article where in 2010 Honda was recalling cars from 2003. Point it some times ? takes time. You just being extra critical of American cars because you prefer foreign cars. Which is cool but you gotta be fair across the board. When Toyota recalled all them cars because of possible brake failure how many year models back did they go? This Ford issue just started with the 2011 5.0 right? Let this situation cook.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think you fall for slick advertising...American cars have and will continue to be junk. Dog, the ZR1 is ? plastic.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So its cool for foreign car companies to do recalls years later but you ready to hang Ford for not doing an immediate recall?
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think you fall for slick advertising...American cars have and will continue to be junk. Dog, the ZR1 is ? plastic.

I know it is, never disputed that. It's also 115k, name one car in its price range that can ? with it? I'll wait.........
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I ain't ever said anything was cool but continue putting words in my mouth if you feel its helping you in this discussion.

I'll hang ford for bailing them out then getting back on its feet only to make a absurd move like outsourcing transmission and ? to China. Yeah, I'm going to hang Ford for that. Where was this big plan to become solvent again? This is it? Typical American approach.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I ain't ever said anything was cool but continue putting words in my mouth if you feel its helping you in this discussion.

I'll hang ford for bailing them out then getting back on its feet only to make a absurd move like outsourcing transmission and ? to China. Yeah, I'm going to hang Ford for that. Where was this big plan to become solvent again? This is it? Typical American approach.

Ford was the only one of the Big 3 not to except bailout money, try again.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I stand corrected. My point still stands though does it not?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They knowingly went with a lesser quality part/manufacturer to cut costs, they didn't put that in the brochure though did they?

now this same part fails and they need to "research" the problem....yeah ok, keep buying American if you want, I'd actually be driving my car where I need to go not to the shop.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I been said that some complaints have come in about the transmission problem, I'm sure Ford is researching the issue and will issue a recall if necessary. It's the same thing Honda did with their transmission issue and Toyota with the brake issue. You can't issue a immediate recall because of a few complaints, you have to look into it first right?
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah, Ford did some thing to cut cost. So now you faulting them for something EVERY car company does lol? I hope you don't run a business. Ford sold 150k~ Mustangs so you'd do a recall after 50 complaints without looking into it?
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The driveshaft in the V6 Mustang can only handle 135mph... Ford knows this which is why the the V6 Mustang is electronically limited to 135mph. The guy in the video decided to remove the limit and suffered the consequence of having the driveshaft rocket through the interior of the car.

Still doesn't make any sense that Ford would purposely put such a ? driveshaft in a sports car tho...
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    The driveshaft in the V6 Mustang can only handle 135mph... Ford knows this which is why the the V6 Mustang is electronically limited to 135mph. The guy in the video decided to remove the limit and suffered the consequence of having the driveshaft rocket through the interior of the car.

Still doesn't make any sense that Ford would purposely put such a ? driveshaft in a sports car tho...

Oooooh, that's the video you posted? I didn't watch it when you posted it but I've seen it on the Mustang site.

First of all, I agree the drive shaft should have been stronger from the jump. But let me ask this though. If Ford puts a limit on the car of 135mph know anything that some stock parts might fail and he modifies his car we gonna blame Ford?

So you telling me if I supercharge my car and my engine blows i can blame Dodge for my engine not being able to push 600rwhp? When you modify your car all bets are off, thats why you upgrade parts to stronger parts.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Apparently there's some Domestic vs. Foreign argument goin' on here... I was just postin' stuff without really readin'.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    Apparently there's some Domestic vs. Foreign argument goin' on here... I was just postin' stuff without really readin'.

There really wasn't but he pushed the issue and ill argue the foreign side ALL DAY.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Oooooh, that's the video you posted? I didn't watch it when you posted it but I've seen it on the Mustang site.

First of all, I agree the drive shaft should have been stronger from the jump. But let me ask this though. If Ford puts a limit on the car of 135mph know anything that some stock parts might fail and he modifies his car we gonna blame Ford?

So you telling me if I supercharge my car and my engine blows i can blame Dodge for my engine not being able to push 600rwhp? When you modify your car all bets are off, thats why you upgrade parts to stronger parts.

Mustangs have LONG been the car of choice for home hotrodders...you as a 7yr Mustang forum member MUST know that. People buy the V6 for cheap and mod them to their specs...been happening since the beginning of the Mustang...go on, dispute that.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm not about to argue modifying a ? v6 mustang. Here, start you a thread http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/ I'm 2kblackgt on there, I'll just sit back and watch you get laughed off the board.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You'd be arguing with yourself. You still haven't shown me a car ? with the ZR1 in its price range, I'm still waiting.

? that plastic ? . Id drive my ? over that ANY day. ? your hick forum, I ain't need Billy Bob to tell me ? that is common knowledge.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ? that plastic ? . Id drive my ? over that ANY day. ? your hick forum, I ain't need Billy Bob to tell me ? that is common knowledge.

LOL, Can't find nothing to touch it huh?
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So you go spend thousands of dollars to get a V6 Mustang to perform to stock V8 mustang levels? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.