Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Options

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? is ? up///my guns/stats keep goin in and out...game isnt keeping track of anything
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? is ? up///my guns/stats keep goin in and out...game isnt keeping track of anything

yea me and my homie both had our ? going back and forth being reset
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Are there any guns to unlock in Vietnam or are all of them unlocked already?
  • DaFifthElement
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yeah its guns to be unlocked.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is this game better than black ops if so I'm buying
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is this game better than black ops if so I'm buying

yes it is.........
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea me and my homie both had our ? going back and forth being reset

i haven't had this issue...then again i am on pc
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bought it, played it, and i can tell you that it is GOOD. im glad the developers didnt ? around and charge us a ? ton of money for this. with that said i can say ? BUNGIE for charging people 60 dollars for what is essentially a damn ADD ON with every Halo release.
  • Sym_
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i like how vietnam has a pretty different feel than bc2...almost like playing a new game

vietnam is a bit more close quarter combat since the weapons are weaker and not every gun has a good scope on it

great series...im digging what DICE has been doing
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    i like how vietnam has a pretty different feel than bc2...almost like playing a new game

vietnam is a bit more close quarter combat since the weapons are weaker and not every gun has a good scope on it

lol, close quarters like a mofuka! still fun tho. the maps are massive yet again. re-spawning is on point. not having a scope on weapons is driving me NUTS tho.
  • Sym_
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea getting used to no scopes takes some time lol

felt so weird at first, but yea this is a great addition to bc2...everyone should give it a shot
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options

yea its like a totally different game
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yo Sym did the frame improve on your rig with this game? the frame rate is FLYING when i switch to Vietnam. dont know if its my unit or an improvement in the game.
  • Sym_
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol man...really hard to answer your question

i upgraded my processor before vietnam came out so my framerates have gone up nicely even on the original bc2, on top of that i've pushed my graphics cards processor up to 850mhz (stock is 675mhz)

i can't say it runs better/worse tbh...i did find a way to fix my random crashes to desktop though by changing some settings in the settings notepad file...if you get any random crashes i'll tell you what i did

btw what resolution do you play at?

have you messed with the FOV (field of view) ?

i used this calculator.... http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

just enter your resolution and it'll give you the optimal FOV which you can change the notepad settings found in C:\Users\_____\Documents\BFBC2 ...made a huge difference for me, greatly improved my experience...so much easier to see things
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol man...really hard to answer your question

i upgraded my processor before vietnam came out so my framerates have gone up nicely even on the original bc2, on top of that i've pushed my graphics cards processor up to 850mhz (stock is 675mhz)

i can't say it runs better/worse tbh...i did find a way to fix my random crashes to desktop though by changing some settings in the settings notepad file...if you get any random crashes i'll tell you what i did

btw what resolution do you play at?

have you messed with the FOV (field of view) ?

i used this calculator.... http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

just enter your resolution and it'll give you the optimal FOV which you can change the notepad settings found in C:\Users\_____\Documents\BFBC2 ...made a huge difference for me, greatly improved my experience...so much easier to see things

thanks for the FOV tip, never thought of that. BFBC2 used to crash on my but ever since an update a few months ago its ran smooth since.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Went 44-0 today
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Went 44-0 today

44 wins or 44 kills?
  • DaFifthElement
    edited December 2010
    Options
    44 wins or 44 kills?

44 kills................
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    44 kills................

thats pretty good, kills are harder to come by than wins IMO, I remember me and my homie was part of the 1st group to discover the "C4 on UAV" glitch in this in this game we didnt lose a Rush game for like 2 weeks

In this game the focus aint on kills so I never pay attention to many kills I get
  • DaFifthElement
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thats pretty good, kills are harder to come by than wins IMO, I remember me and my homie was part of the 1st group to discover the "C4 on UAV" glitch in this in this game we didnt lose a Rush game for like 2 weeks

In this game the focus aint on kills so I never pay attention to many kills I get

Yeah I was on my Battlefield hiatus when people figured that out. When I returned my buddies (the iAM clan) hwere doing that ? when we only had 8 tickets left and winning the game. About a week after that they beefed up the objectives and our team leader's PS3 got YLOD. :(
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Im ? I didnt know its a discount if you buy Vietnam from the in-game store instead of the PS store

Yo I played original/non-vietnam Bad Company 2 on Conquest yesterday and its so many new maps! I love how they dont charge people for DLC maps in this game

The one with the cargo ships in the desert is dope as hell!

I was chasing Apache Choppers with the UAV lol, dudes was running for they life too
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^ I sw you playing this yesterday and tried to get back on it myself....man, I was getting destroyed by tanks (we still won tho). I turned that ? off and said "? this game". I don't know the new maps at all.
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^ I sw you playing this yesterday and tried to get back on it myself....man, I was getting destroyed by tanks (we still won tho). I turned that ? off and said "? this game". I don't know the new maps at all.

lol everytime I play Im squadding up with a couple of my friends and we use mics, so weusually run ? once we get going
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Man i was getting bodied in Rush last night, I swear its impossible to win on Defense against a decent team

We had them down to less than 10 lives on multiple bases but they always got some random rocket or hand grenade to destroy the crates
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    that ak-47 is overpowered in vietnam, you can snipe with and kills people in like 2 shots