criminal minded vs paid in full

Options
juelz21
juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Face Off Forum
im'a say rakim paid in full because he started a whole new rhyme style with that album and musically it was amazing

Comments

• ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I personally prefer "9mm Goes Bang" and "The Bridge is Over" to any song on Paid in Full, but overall, Paid in Full is the better album. So many classics, "I Ain't No Joke", "I Know You Got Soul", "Eric B. is President", "Paid in Full", "My Melody"...
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I personally prefer "9mm Goes Bang" and "The Bridge is Over" to any song on Paid in Full, but overall, Paid in Full is the better album. So many classics, "I Ain't No Joke", "I Know You Got Soul", "Eric B. is President", "Paid in Full", "My Melody"...

it's was a easy choice for me because rakim was far better then krs-one lyrically.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

I agree. I think Paid in Full is more polished. But that happens when you get to work with the likes of Marley Marl. KRS was more Raw though.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    it's was a easy choice for me because rakim was far better then krs-one lyrically.

It's funny I am having this debate 20 years later. LMAO but Rakim was certainly the better lyricist in terms of putting words together. Rakim however, couldn't compete with KRS's energy and versatility.