Thor: Trailer

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    saw this earlier, movie was ok wasnt bad, just wished it would've been more action even tho thats expected with an origin story, story was great tho, but i didnt quite understand the post credits scene to much

What happened after the credits? I tried to wait,but I left before I could see it.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    acting was pretty good, writing was....servicable......

first half was super and 2nd not so......felt a lil rushed.

Toward the middle really felt this would have made a great TV show tho.

The action...off the hook.....effects...off the chain

3 stars solid for what it is

Recommmended.

hell yeah, it should've been longer.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited May 2011
    Options
    saw this earlier, movie was ok wasnt bad, just wished it would've been more action even tho thats expected with an origin story, story was great tho, but i didnt quite understand the post credits scene to much

*SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!*

Loki is gonna possess The Hulk/Banner
  • VulcanRaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!*

Interesting,I thought the Hulk could not be possessed or mind controlled? Charles Xavier could not get into his mind.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Interesting,I thought the Hulk could not be possessed or mind controlled? Charles Xavier could not get into his mind.

Good thing Loki's a ? and not a telepath. ahha.

See how he took over the body of that professor? He's gonna do that to Banner I think.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    In the marvel animated movie called "Hulk vs Thor" didn't he took over his body but couldn't control him the madder he got.

I didn't see that.
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!*

That's wat I was thinking but I wasn't to sure
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    one thing about this tho, although I enjoy it some and see the need for it , I felt they made Loki just TO TO sympathetic in this movie.

he wasn't mischievous, or "evil" pe se, just...somber....misunderstood.

Loki's a complex character when written correctlt (see Walter Simonson take on Loki when he was writer of Thor comics)

That's who they should have consulted about Loki' chactarer and nature.

He's a cunning, ? and with a dark sense of humor.and dry wit. Not cry baby emo with daddy issues.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited May 2011
    Options
    one thing about this tho, although I enjoy it some and see the need for it , I felt they made Loki just TO TO sympathetic in this movie.

Loki's a complex character when written correctlt (see Walter Simonson take on Loki when he was writer of Thor comics)

He's a cunning, ? and with a dark sense of humor.and dry wit. Not cry baby emo with daddy issues.

I agree with post 100%...
    I had more expectations for Loki in this movie than I did Thor...
    Thor is not better than Iron Man 1 like I have seen in some reviews and other people's opinions...
  • swag_of_krypton
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    In the marvel animated movie called "Hulk vs Thor" didn't he took over his body but couldn't control him the madder he got.

You are correct
  • swag_of_krypton
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    What happened after the credits? I tried to wait,but I left before I could see it.

• a.mann
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree with post 100%...
    I had more expectations for Loki in this movie than I did Thor...
    Thor is not better than Iron Man 1 like I have seen in some reviews and other people's opinions...

no doubt.

sure Loki wasn't as bad as how they f'ed up DOOM in the movies tho.

but he wasn't as witty , sharp or even "bad".

he was just.......there.

Of course he wasn't gon be out right "evil" because this could be set up and all....1st movie whatever
    but in this movie they pretty much give him a "way out" to be resentful toward Odin and Thor other then it just being his true nature.

Meaning regardless how good Odin treated him as equals to Thor, Loki is still gon be a ? and bastard.

But here we see that if Odin would have told Loki "this" ...he would not be this way.
  • swag_of_krypton
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no doubt.

sure Loki wasn't as bad as how they f'ed up DOOM in the movies tho.

but he wasn't as witty , sharp or even "bad".

he was just.......there.

Of course he wasn't gon be out right "evil" because this could be set up and all....1st movie whatever
    but in this movie they pretty much give him a "way out" to be resentful toward Odin and Thor other then it just being his true nature.

Meaning regardless how good Odin treated him as equals to Thor, Loki is still gon be a ? and bastard.

But here we see that if Odin would have told Loki "this" ...he would not be this way.

Well at least we have 3 more comicbook movies to look forward too...
    Green Lantern will be EPIC...
    X-Men: First Class will surprise a lot of people...
    Captain America will become the 2nd Best Marvel movie of all-time...
  • a.mann
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Balder......!!!

how the HELL did they NOT include Balder in this flim?????
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    a black panther film should be added to this trilogy....but I like what marvel studios is doing
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i really enjoyed it. I was a lil worried it would suck im a big fan of thor i think having a great cast really carried the movie
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited May 2011
    Options

Don't you think that's developed over time though? I think that Lokie legitimately thought he had an opportunity to win favor. Since now there's absolutely no hope, it's gonna push him over to the character that we know. This is the beginning remember? so the characters are still gonna develop.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Don't you think that's developed over time though? I think that Lokie legitimately thought he had an opportunity to win favor. Since now there's absolutely no hope, it's gonna push him over to the character that we know. This is the beginning remember? so the characters are still gonna develop.

Bingo...fans of the comic will know this.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I watched this movie today..it was pretty good...The action was on point...I was hoping for more Action but that's alright...Can't wait to see the Avengers flick with that ending scene in this movie...it looks like it'll be a good plot.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just watched it......? was dope,,,and yeah its developing so I guess Loki going to be more of an ? in the future. That makes a lot of sense imo
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Straight of the top....I am a HUGE Thor fan...I think he is one of the most interesting characters Marvel has....so with that out the way. This movie was DOPE!!! The casting to start with was DEAD BANG ON....shouts out to Chris Helmsworth for bringin us swole ? back. These cornball young stars of today were starting to look like roided up 7 year olds. Odin was also a bang on casting call...Tony like usual delivers big time. Natalie Portman was aight...she had a few weak spots but I think that has more to do with the script than her. Colm Feore put in WORK with King Louefy....real underrated performance right there.

The story was really well thought out, I really liked the way the introduced the mythology and did a very short orgin story and boom right into the main arc. That scene between Loki and Odin was awesome...it built motives and emotion for both characters. Another great scene with Helmsworth that I didnt think he had in him. Something that I thought was done really really well was the Magic/Technology/Science parallel it makes it so real, yet still fantastical. They also set up the Avengers movie amazingly with Renner as Hawkeye...I like the way hes being portrayed. A major critique would be that at times they were a little too campy.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just watched it......? was dope,,,and yeah its developing so I guess Loki going to be more of an ? in the future. That makes a lot of sense imo

? was dope as ? ....I agree. But I took it as Loki was gone after he fell. Anyway go see this ? it was flames.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Saw it yesterday not really got into Thor comics but I though it was well done.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I enjoyed the movie. Wish I didnt pay the extra $ for 3d
  • VulcanRaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    I enjoyed the movie. Wish I didnt pay the extra $ for 3d

So you saying the 3D version wasn't good? I wanted to see it in 3D but didn't.