Ladies, Do You Feel Pressured When A Guy Asks for the Digits?

ItsBboy!
ItsBboy! Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Powder Room
As single men on the hunt, we all come to learn that getting the number is only about 10% of the battle. Before the advent of cell phones and text messages, it was an accomplishment to get a CORRECT phone number from a chick and have a pocket full of napkins with numbers at the end of the night for that "little black book". The "Chick-tionary" if you will.

Nowadays, a guy can go up to you in a social setting, strike an amicable conversation and afterwards either ask for your number or give you his. In either case, he can say, text me to I can get yours, or I'll text you. There's no way around it.

So my question is, how do you ladies handle the situation now when: 1. You're interested. and 2. You're not interested.

Go.

Comments

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    if i'm interested i'll text him. If i'm not interested and "I have a boyfriend" doesn't work i'll text it to him anyway and just ignore his calls
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ItsBboy! wrote: »

How do you ladies handle the situation now when:
    1. You're interested.

Go.

At the most, we will exchange numbers. The first thing a man should NOT do with my number is use it to text me.
    2. You're not interested.

I am honest with him and do not take his number.
  • pimpette_516
    pimpette_516 Members Posts: 13
    edited December 2010
    if i'm interested i'll text him. If i'm not interested and "I have a boyfriend" doesn't work i'll text it to him anyway and just ignore his calls

^I do the same thing or i use "i didnt pay my phone bill so my phone is off" so he couldnt get it<<i know its lame but it worked!! lmao
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

^^^^^^^^^^
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ^I do the same thing or i use "i didnt pay my phone bill so my phone is off" so he couldnt get it<<i know its lame but it worked!! lmao

Grow up...
  • ItsBboy!
    edited December 2010
    Not to promote any more role reversal than what we already have going on in society. But it seems like the solution to this is for dudes to give the number and let the female decide if she wants to reach out. I'm more old school and believe in the art of pursuit, but at the same time it's gotta be established that the chick wants to be pursued.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited December 2010
    If Im not interested I'll tell him and I wouldnt give him my number. If Im interested I'll give him my number to call me. I dont know if that's what you're asking, though?
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    If Im not interested I'll tell him and I wouldnt give him my number. If Im interested I'll give him my number to call me. I dont know if that's what you're asking, though?

What would you tell this guy if he asked for the digits??

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dp-HtxyZJis/Sd4mHBxeSOI/AAAAAAAAAGw/15fS-P-fEz8/s1600/you-gonna-get-? .jpg[/IMG]

• missjenn
    missjenn Members Posts: 11
    edited December 2010
    1) if i'm interested, i give him my #, if he calls he calls, if he doesn't, o well
    2) if i'm not interested, i'll just tell him i'm not interested, if he persists, i'll take his #
  • JB-CHI-CITY
    JB-CHI-CITY Members Posts: 568
    edited December 2010
    As single men on the hunt, we all come to learn that getting the number is only about 10% of the battle. Before the advent of cell phones and text messages, it was an accomplishment to get a CORRECT phone number from a chick and have a pocket full of napkins with numbers at the end of the night for that "little black book". The "Chick-tionary" if you will.

Nowadays, a guy can go up to you in a social setting, strike an amicable conversation and afterwards either ask for your number or give you his. In either case, he can say, text me to I can get yours, or I'll text you. There's no way around it.

So my question is, how do you ladies handle the situation now when: 1. You're interested. and 2. You're not interested.

Marley G

Marie

Cali

Crazy Eyed Ammo

Pimpette

New Girl Jen

right now I'm Jay-Z

I don't believe you/ you need more people

Sue me

* Kanye shrug*
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

Finally a real answer unlike the rest in this thread. It shows your weak or scared if you are not interested in the guy and you still give/take a number no matter how he pursues you.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ? gimme yo number!
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    when i'm interested, then ill answer texts/text back, be open etc.
    When im not interested i still give out the numbers..the guys that approach me then to be intimating, as in tall and big (not fat lol)
    so sometimes i just give them the number to get them off my back, and besides im bad at saying no, smdh thats why i have like 15 "do not answers" on my phone
    Thankfuly ive learnt the "i have a Boyfriend" line, dudes still wanna try it, but it works.
  • ItsBboy!
    edited December 2010
    Not to promote any more role reversal than what we already have going on in society. But it seems like the solution to this is for dudes to give the number and let the female decide if she wants to reach out. I'm more old school and believe in the art of pursuit, but at the same time it's gotta be established that the chick wants to be pursued.

Anyone agree/disagree?
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited December 2010
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    when i'm interested, then ill answer texts/text back, be open etc.
    When im not interested i still give out the numbers..the guys that approach me then to be intimating, as in tall and big (not fat lol)
    so sometimes i just give them the number to get them off my back, and besides im bad at saying no, smdh thats why i have like 15 "do not answers" on my phone
    Thankfuly ive learnt the "i have a Boyfriend" line, dudes still wanna try it, but it works.

If you're on that ? . This is how it will go down....
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Anyone agree/disagree?

It's 50/50 because even if they are feeling you/ show interest, they'll still be scared or nervous to call. I learn don't leave most things up to a woman.
  • darknight
    darknight Members Posts: 185
    edited January 2011
    It's 50/50 because even if they are feeling you/ show interest, they'll still be scared or nervous to call. I learn don't leave most things up to a woman.[/QUOTE]

YES