Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Android>>>BB.
    Im gonna get a new phone tomorrow. The one i got right now is the Blackberry bold 9700. The new Blackberry Torch fell off right away. WTF a slide in 2011 ?! Really ?
    I looked on the net alot for my next phone. The Top 4 phones out right now are HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus S, Iphone 4.
    I compared the ? out of them and the remaining 2 were the HTC and the SGS.

When picking one of these it comes down to taste because the two are pretty much even. The diff between the two is for example the SGS has a Super Amoled screen( the better screen) and the HTC has a better casing/8mp camera with flash.
    Those are little things and it really depends on taste and what you really need.

Galaxy S tomorrow !
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Piffawana wrote: »
    Android>>>BB.
    Im gonna get a new phone tomorrow. The one i got right now is the Blackberry bold 9700. The new Blackberry Torch fell off right away. WTF a slide in 2011 ?! Really ?
    I looked on the net alot for my next phone. The Top 4 phones out right now are HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus S, Iphone 4.
    I compared the ? out of them and the remaining 2 were the HTC and the SGS.

When picking one of these it comes down to taste because the two are pretty much even. The diff between the two is for example the SGS has a Super Amoled screen( the better screen) and the HTC has a better casing/8mp camera with flash.
    Those are little things and it really depends on taste and what you really need.

Galaxy S tomorrow !

yeah, I can't ? with a phone that doesn't have a hardware keyboard. I'll never get used to typing on a screen.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Since I have a Droid X & have never owned a BB I gotta go w/ Android. Most ppl I know w/ a BB are planning on switching to Android when their contracts are up.
  • paulm
    paulm Members Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Of Course Android is much better then BB, I used both of but now Android in best at recent time, Number of nice application available and great clarity and so many nice features. Best operating system and easy to use. Great for personal use and also best performance in Business use.
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I got the Samsung Epic better than the Evo because it has touch and a keyboard. Droid is where its at now my boy got a BB and he thinkin bout switchin over
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    good info.....carry on
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bluprint wrote: »
    I got the Samsung Epic better than the Evo because it has touch and a keyboard. Droid is where its at now my boy got a BB and he thinkin bout switchin over

I thought people stopped using keyboards in 2006? Who wants that old technolgy. I know people with Epics that say they never even open up the keypad. Its pointless. Plus the Epic has terrible GPS issues. Evo is by far better. Even Sprint makes commercials about the Evo and the Epic.

Getwitcha
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The best 2 phones on the market right now are...

Samsung galaxy S and HTC Desire HD.
    The only phones that can be better are coming this year(summer) with the next generation hardware.

And it aint no contest between BB and Droid. i just switched from a BB 9700 bold to a Galaxy S.

The only thing is getting used to the keyboard
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I thought people stopped using keyboards in 2006? Who wants that old technolgy. I know people with Epics that say they never even open up the keypad. Its pointless. Plus the Epic has terrible GPS issues. Evo is by far better. Even Sprint makes commercials about the Evo and the Epic.

Getwitcha
    a tactile interface is superior to touchscreen all day, every day. This is why they still make phones with hardware keyboards, and why they will continue to do so.
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited January 2011
    Options
    a tactile interface is superior to touchscreen all day, every day. This is why they still make phones with hardware keyboards, and why they will continue to do so.

Swype has eliminated the need for such antiquated things. Its definitely not superior to be tapping on buttons when you can just swype a command on the screen. I can even imagine going back to that nonsense.

Getwitcha
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Swype has eliminated the need for such antiquated things. Its definitely not superior to be tapping on buttons when you can just swype a command on the screen. I can even imagine going back to that nonsense.

Getwitcha

I didn't really like swipe that much but I didn't use it much honestly. I like having options and some slang terms that doesn't work witout typin. Epiv is better imo
  • mr.getwitcha
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bluprint wrote: »
    I didn't really like swipe that much but I didn't use it much honestly. I like having options and some slang terms that doesn't work witout typin. Epiv is better imo

You can program swype to learn any slang words you want. Of course you have to use the old way of "poking" a text, but once its added to the librabry its in there forever.

Getwitcha
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm making my switch from the blackberry to the g2, smart decision?
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol@blackberry. might as well have said sidekick

android>>>>>>>
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol@blackberry. might as well have said sidekick

android>>>>>>>
    Lol I kno the g2 was my first choice, I shouldn't have changed my mind smh
  • Raizah Blade
    Raizah Blade Members Posts: 60
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I like both! I had a Blackberry Tour but I now I have a Droid 2... I definitely miss my BB!
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Good ? dropped in here......

I'm thinking about getting another phone because my current is starting to ? up. At first I was leaning towards an Android, but now I'm leaning towards a Blackberry.....
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Andriod is the better OS by far.........not even close
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Blackberry are great for emails and corporate emails, their BBM is dope too. But androids overall are just better phones. Especially Motorola Androids. I had the blackberry storm and loved it, but then I upgraded to the droid and been with the droid ever sense. I now have the X now, and I haven't had any problems with this phone or even when I had my first droid. Just a good phone overall.
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? with an android thats that real ? for ya.
  • kevmic
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? with an android thats that real ? for ya.

Funniest Avi pic I've seen so far!!
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited January 2011
    Options
    BlackBerry is so dated it's not even funny. And I don't even like Android.
  • kevmic
    edited January 2011
    Options
    BlackBerry is so dated it's not even funny. And I don't even like Android.

So one can only assume Steve jobs did what he set out to do, and you ran out and bought the Iphone??
  • denialcraig
    denialcraig Members Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think it really depends on what you want the phone. Eclair to build a new Google is coming out seems to be robust. Motorola Android 2.0 Eclair Droid works and I believe Verizon is out November 6.