DEAD PREZ DECLINES 2 Sign w/ JAY-Z's ROC NATION

Options

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    I swear ? just love to hate everything about Jay. Practically every Roc Nation artist has artistic freedom. Why would these cats be different? Because they wouldn't be accepted by the mainstream? lol in a sense neither would Jay E. and Cole, but somehow they've made it on the roster

Nobody's hating on Jay...it's just the ? 'd up cycle of things of how the industry is ran by our great White Jewish brothers and how their strings are attached to Jay...I don't know if you're just another JayHova Witness in denial but in the end, Jay is a part of that ? 'd up cycle. Prime example of what I'm talking about in the post below.

FACT: Our Great Jewish Brothers do own and/or operate The Music Industry via their control over The Big4 Record Labels, Radio-One & Clear Channel Communications' radio stations (which refuses to play conscious, educational, informative, nor Uplifting rap music), cable-video channels, and any reputable disc jockey.
    FACT: Our Great Jewish Brothers have disallowed conscious/informative rap like dead prez, into the mainstream music flow, since around 1993. Because it causes Black male listeners, to atone, and to cease the latest wave of self-destructive lifestyling which has griped Black American males, since arrrrrrrrround 1994-'95.
    FACT: Roc Nation which offered dead prez a contract, is half-owned by Jay-Z, and half-owned by...guess who?
    FACT: a nice lil' line-up of...Our Great Jewish Brothers!
    FACT: Live Nation partnered with Jay-Z, to form Roc Nation, which Jay-Z had brainstormed.
    FACT: Live Nation's current members on it's board of directors are: Ari Emanuel, Jeffrey T. Hinson, L. Lowry Mays, Randall T. Mays, Connie McCombs McNab, James S. Kahan, Ted Enloe, Mark Shapiro, and Michael Rapino...guess how many of them, are our Great Jewish Brothers?
    FACT: Conspiracy theories do not consist of 100% American Historical facts, and truths. Period.

If you don't agree with that, then I guess you're just another Illuminati Jay follower blinded by the light of his success.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nobody's hating on Jay...it's just the ? 'd up cycle of things of how the industry is ran by our great White Jewish brothers and how their strings are attached to Jay...I don't know if you're just another JayHova Witness in denial but in the end, Jay is a part of that ? 'd up cycle. Prime example of what I'm talking about in the post below.

If you don't agree with that, then I guess you're just another Illuminati Jay follower blinded by the light of his success.

And that's why nobody takes you hating ass ? seriously...not even in the social lounge. smh
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    So our Jewish Brothers dictate what each individual black person listens too? If your ears hear wacka flocka and you like what that man decided to spit over a beat it's because of Jewish people? If your ears hear DPs music and you don't like it again it's Jewish peoples fault?
    WoW Jewish/white people are powerful. Black people must be the lesser race.

Look I ? hate okra! I wouldn't give a damn how good someone marketed okra I would never eat that ? . That's how I feel about music. If I don't like it I don't listen or support it. Do I think DPs have a good message and is a much needed group? Yes. But their over all sound doesn't appeal to me. It's that simple. Know ive been big fans of similar groups/individuals with similar messages like PE, X-clan, Askari X or BDP. That's how most people select music, by what appeals to them. If something is more appealing to the majority then that's what business men in the music industry try to push. If "? white music" started selling by the millions then whitey Jewish people will sell "? whitey music", i.e Jerry Heller and his ? the police movement.

It's called social marketing. It's like the cool kids mocking, ridiculing and outcasting others for not liking the same ? they like. So if you run up into a group of socalled cool kats who listen to wacka,, cuz it's the "popular" thing to do... and say, I don't like wacka, his music is garbage... you'll be deemed unworthy to hang with the in crowd... and weak minded/willed tools can't cope with being an outcast. And that's the majority of westerners who are raised to care about what others think about you.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? u crazy

.... seriously? What I said is crazy to you? Did you even go to high school?
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've said it twice before and I'll say it again in here. DP did the right thing. They already stepped out on a limb to work with him in the past, but this right here is just taking it way too far. They refused to be thoroughly integrated.

I vote a loss for JayHova and the Jews on this one. Their plan didn't work.

Also, conscious and alternative artists like Jay Electronica are not the same as radical & political artists like Dead Prez.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Exactly, they would lose their image and become superficial artist signing with roc nation.

How so? Hasn't happened with Cole or Jay E.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And that's why nobody takes you hating ass ? seriously...not even in the social lounge. smh

It's obvious...you know the industry practices have changed due them to wanting to control OUR culture. It's a business, but it's a ? business to exterminate the positive consciousness that we had in our music at one point because it sparked changed. i.e. N.W.A.'s "? The Police"...they brought it to the forefront about how the boys(read: White) in blue and black, loved to undermine Blacks in L.A. It sparked there because it was worse, but overall that injustice was happening all and still is (Read: Sean Bell, Oscar Grant..) N.W.A and Cube been making musical prophetic warnings about riots if the injustice continued..then the Rodney King situation happened. Not to type up a book, you know what happened afterwards, but the point I'm trying to make: Those that are trying to control OUR Hip Hop culture don't want that or any type of music to have the consumer sparking a thought for change or to make people think about what's going on in the REAL WORLD. They want to paint images of non-stop balling, dumbing down, gimmicks and ignorance.

Those that want that life to be success in music, have to succumb by THEIR rules to get it. And sorry to hurt your feelings, but Jay has and aligned himself with bloodsuckers that don't care about OUR culture. Dead Prez saw and knew it a mile away and made the better choice because they repped that same revolutionary spirit N.W.A. has when it comes to real issues.
    Yes, in a perfect Democracy's Music Industry, that would be the case. But, this is AmeriKKKa.

skinny: please please please research the 2004 payola case vs. The Big4 Record Labels, in U.S. District Court, and prepare to have your world crushed...when you learn *what really determines* which music will be pushed and propped-up, for Soundscan aspirations.

And the key word for this thread kids: PAYOLA. Look it up. And you understand why you don't hear balance in music anymore...whether it's radio, MTV, BET, etc..
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's crazy how political and radical groups aren't brave nor powerful enough to take on the industry. They just complain about it!

I see you denied what I just explained in my last post. But I'm gonna pull a vital point from my post.
    Those that are trying to control OUR Hip Hop culture don't want that or any type of music to have the consumer sparking a thought for change or to make people think about what's going on in the REAL WORLD. They want to paint images of non-stop balling, dumbing down, gimmicks and ignorance.

And they do take on the industry...in the UNDERGROUND. But their growth of their message is stunted because of industry politics created by you know who.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Cole and Electronica aren't conscious rappers. They will be molded into whatever the industry desires of them. Dead Prez have been rapping about politics and afrocentricity for years. Common switched up and became a product of the industry when he got signed.

False@ both of the bolded. Y'all cats seriously be on some dumb ish
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Cole and Electronica aren't conscious rappers. They will be molded into whatever the industry desires of them. Dead Prez have been rapping about politics and afrocentricity for years. Common switched up and became a product of the industry when he got signed.

This is wht the guy don't understand, i don't think he has listened to the type of music Dead Prez make and what they represent, and if he has he doesn't fully comprehend what they're about.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Garv you still catching feelings from that thread in the Reason bruh? As soon as you give me a reason why Jay would make them tone it down your argument is pointless. C'mon son.... 2nkianr.gif
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If they don't get molded into what the industry requires of them, they won't sell records, that's all I'm saying. In addition, conscious rappers trying to go international isn't gonna get recognized so if Jay signs them, he will have to change their image and that's just not Dead Prez.

For one all of the artists on Roc Nation pretty much have creative control. Otherwise Who Dat wouldn't have been allowed to be a single. Also artists such as Jay E. and Cole are more lyrical artists and we all know that's not appealing to the masses atm and they still getting work on the label. Why would DP, who Jay has a mutual respect with, not be allowed to have that same creative control as the other artists on the label? Either way the only thing RN could help them with would be for shows, because they already have a loyal fanbase. All that other stuff gets rendered irrelevant
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If they don't get molded into what the industry requires of them, they won't sell records, that's all I'm saying.
    wait, dead prez currently sells records?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Na, not internationally but who would allow an artist onto his record label knowing that it won't contribute unless having control and if Jay has control, it changes their whole image.
    well, i actually do think labels, especially those run by artists, sign artists for reasons other than "we're going to work it out so this guy sells a TON of records"
  • garv
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Garv you still catching feelings from that thread in the Reason bruh? As soon as you give me a reason why Jay would make them tone it down your argument is pointless. C'mon son.... 2nkianr.gif

Why do you think Dead Prez rejected a contract with Roc Nation?
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Why do you think Dead Prez rejected a contract with Roc Nation?

Because they wanted to stay independent. Simple as that. Why IC cats always gotta make it something more than it actually is
  • garv
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Because they wanted to stay independent. Simple as that. Why IC cats always gotta make it something more than it actually is

There must be a reason for them wanting to stay independent?

Have you bothered to listen to Dead Prez music and the ideologies they support?
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There must be a reason for them wanting to stay independent?

Have you bothered to listen to Dead Prez music and the ideologies they support?

Yes I have listened to Dead Prez and at the end of the day they have a respect for Jay as a business man and as an artist. If they signed with Roc Nation they wouldn't have benefited from anything except more shows and most likely more pay for a show. Obvi they just wanted to stay indie bruh. Simple as that. They're already established and have a loyal fan base so they wouldn't even need to change their music since they'd always have fans in the seats
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    dead prez is very afro-centric & true to their roots of conscious & political hiphop amongst other social movements. To them, I think they see signing to Jay-Z is counter-productive to their movement as they would view a dude like Hov, came up from the streets, sold his soul for riches & is a sell out (I dumbed it down to double my dollars - hov's words not mine) as an Uncle Tom type of ? . I'm sure Jay was genuine in giving them a deal but hey what can u do they said no & they have their own movement. As long as they continue making music im cool with it.

Iuno tho I cant imagine watchin TV & seeing a rocawear commercial or something & then seeing stic man or M1 rocking that ? or having their music playin in the background it'd just feel out of place to me.

*shrugs*

Exact to the point.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dead prez is very afro-centric & true to their roots of conscious & political hiphop amongst other social movements. To them, I think they see signing to Jay-Z is counter-productive to their movement as they would view a dude like Hov, came up from the streets, sold his soul for riches & is a sell out (I dumbed it down to double my dollars - hov's words not mine) as an Uncle Tom type of ? . I'm sure Jay was genuine in giving them a deal but hey what can u do they said no & they have their own movement. As long as they continue making music im cool with it.

Iuno tho I cant imagine watchin TV & seeing a rocawear commercial or something & then seeing stic man or M1 rocking that ? or having their music playin in the background it'd just feel out of place to me.

*shrugs*

OH word?????????????????

220px-Stic.man_-_Manhood_Cover.jpg
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    haha

dead prez desperately wanted to go mainstream

only reason they dont sign with jay is because they're slightly smarter than nas and know he won't release their albums
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options

*shrugs*

LMFAO I could just imagine Dead Prez doing a Pepsi commercial with their "Be Healthy" song playing in the background.

and LOL @ the comedians in this thread acting like Rockafella would allow songs like this to get mainstream attention. lol the blatant denial in this thread is just absurd.
  • garv
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    OH word?????????????????

220px-Stic.man_-_Manhood_Cover.jpg

Yeah word, the solo album released by Stic Man doesn't negate his initial point.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah word, the solo album released by Stic Man doesn't negate his initial point.

lol yea I don't know hwy they keep brining up that album... it's like they didn't even bother to listen to it.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    it's like they didn't even bother to listen to it.

nobody did

lol

dead prez lauced