Michael Jackson - Media Victim?

Options
tycroestrooper
tycroestrooper Members Posts: 26
edited December 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
seen this good article and i guess MJ belongs in this Rnb Forum. What do you think? Media Victim or Not? Im guessing this article will divide everyone just as MJ tends to do. Villain or Saint?

So Michael Jackson...was he a media victim or not? http://bit.ly/9KJP18

"The death of Michael Jackson has once again shone a light on the media interest in the musical icon, a fixation many felt contributed to the singers downfall and eventual death at the age of 50.

A plethora of front pages, magazines and supplements in every paper all around the world has led to unprecedented column inches dedicated to an individual, on par and in many cases far exceeding similar attention gifted to major world events in the preceding century"

http://bit.ly/9KJP18

Comments

• not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    He WAS a media victim, but some of the responsibility for that fell on his own shoulders.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm not American, but MJ's life story is America in a nutshell
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I said this in my Media & Society class and my professor and the herb ass students all tried to ridicule me b.
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Of course, he was the victim. Just like everybody else getting success in the showbiz, he did take advantage of the media for his success, tho. But I'm talkin bout the extent of the abuse this 1 man had to go through. It's a lot to do with that he never bowed down to nobody and didn't need to. Some people thought he was a bitter, washed-up superstar when he called Tommy Mottola out, but they didn't know he was referring to the racist system as well as the man.
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I said this in my Media & Society class and my professor and the herb ass students all tried to ridicule me b.
    So, what was their reasons? It's like they say he brought it to himself? SMDH.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Media victim? yes. once upon a time, all u guys wished that you could live with michael jackson. wished that you could play with him all day. wished that he would give you a private little concert in his bedroom.

Then, the evil of adults (white people) say that he rapes kids, and because it's on the news, you believed it.

Ever wonder why the news never say that jesus never existed? its a fact. its the truth. because the media is a control tool to keep people dumb and buying the products of the people who sponser the program.

u guys need to wake up. its 2011 already. a top rapper is named wacka fuka. they throwing it in your face! letting you know that you will buy into anything!

a ? is calling herself a black barbie and yall love her fake ass. pun intended. they aint trying to fool yall no more. its in yo face. fooling you would cost too much money and because of the recession, they refuse to waste anymore time trying to make a profit, so they like "? it." these idiots will support anything they hear or see if its a fellow idiot promoting it.
  • rhymentekniq2.0
    rhymentekniq2.0 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    Media victim? yes. once upon a time, all u guys wished that you could live with michael jackson. wished that you could play with him all day. wished that he would give you a private little concert in his bedroom.

Then, the evil of adults (white people) say that he rapes kids, and because it's on the news, you believed it.

Ever wonder why the news never say that jesus never existed? its a fact. its the truth. because the media is a control tool to keep people dumb and buying the products of the people who sponser the program.

u guys need to wake up. its 2011 already. a top rapper is named wacka fuka. they throwing it in your face! letting you know that you will buy into anything!

a ? is calling herself a black barbie and yall love her fake ass. pun intended. they aint trying to fool yall no more. its in yo face. fooling you would cost too much money and because of the recession, they refuse to waste anymore time trying to make a profit, so they like "? it." these idiots will support anything they hear or see if its a fellow idiot promoting it.

Damn! theres so much truth in this statement.
    ive said this since i was 16..."to most people, Perception is Reality"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options