Police Shoot Golf Club-Wielding Man Dead During a Raid on His Home. Footage Released.

Options
13»

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He was holding the golf club in the same position as an assault rifle... where did you mis-read what I said at? He didn't come out holding a golf club like a golf club, he turned the corner with it pretending it was a gun.

Nu uh, he came out with it like he was swinging it.. check again
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He was holding the golf club in the same position as an assault rifle... where did you mis-read what I said at? He didn't come out holding a golf club like a golf club, he turned the corner with it pretending it was a gun.
    i've seen the video and i own some assault rifles (and even a golf club or two somewhere). watch the video again: he has his arms held out away from his body, as if holding something he's about to swing.

and this still doesn't change the fact that your job as a police officer is not to immediately start shooting when you see a gun. if nothing else, you're not doing an appropriate job of identifying your target and checking the background.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Didnt these no knock warrants come from the Patriot Act?? The Bush era??
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sure he could grab it. But I still dont think the police wrongfully shot him.

So basically you're saying it's ok for the police to barge in a person's house in a manner that would have them on the defensive, and then ? them for being on the defensive?

In other words, you think cops have the right to ? anyone they want under the right circumstances. Interesting.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So basically you're saying it's ok for the police to barge in a person's house in a manner that would have them on the defensive, and then ? them for being on the defensive?

In other words, you think cops have the right to ? anyone they want under the right circumstances. Interesting.

lol yea sure whatever.

Im at the point where I could no longer give a ? less about people. ? whoever the ? you want do whatever you want
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    Didnt these no knock warrants come from the Patriot Act?? The Bush era??
    no. they predate Bush II by decades.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol yea sure whatever.

Im at the point where I could no longer give a ? less about people. ? whoever the ? you want do whatever you want

And there it is...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that ? was ? up. I woulda been shot too. In the middle of the night folk bustin in your house smh