Young Man Found Hanged In Mississippi

Options
anthony7q
anthony7q Members Posts: 782
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
:(Why wasn't this all over the news?

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_7520.shtml

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/article_7499.shtml

MOORHEAD, Miss. (FinalCall.com) - As the entourage of Black limousines pulled up to Ark of Covenant Church, it was hard to tell who was the mother of Frederick Jermaine Carter, the young man found hung from an oak tree early this month.

It was hard for family and friends to hold back tears over the loss of Frederick Jermaine Carter. Photos: Ansar El
In this moment usually reserved for grieving, Brenda Carter-Evans wore a bright smile despite overlooking the casket of her son, whose death she says “was not in vain.”

“The Jesus that I serve gives me strength. I thank ? for family—how they pulled together. So the smile you see on my face is because of the prayers of the nation. He's honoring your prayers and He's hearing them,” Mrs. Carter-Evans told The Final Call.

Over 300 attendees filled the church sanctuary on Dec. 19 for the funeral services. With many unanswered questions still surrounding his death, family and friends shared joyful memories of the victim.

“He was a loving and compassionate person who always thought about other people. My son was about the children,” said Mrs. Carter-Evans, who also sung a solo.

The body of Frederick Jermaine Carter lies in a casket.
“He was a great worker and a great person. He was kind. He always tried to help anyone that he could. He always tried to do right. The children loved him. Whatever he could help them with he did. When you lose a love one it affects you in many ways,” said Luell Evans, his stepfather.

According the obituary, Mr. Carter was born in Worcester, Mass., where he was an active member in church at an early age. He studied to be a computer technician before moving to Sunflower, Miss., to be with his mother and two sisters. He was a multi-talented athlete, painter, construction worker, mentor, and one who always had a pleasant smile, says his family.

Mr. Carter's body was found Dec. 3 in the predominately White North Greenwood area of Leflore County. The service was intense, highly spiritual and the greatest applause came when speakers challenged the reports that this death was a suicide.

“The truth will come out. I can't see him hanging himself. You can get by the judgment of man but you can't get away from the judgment of ? . Right now we don't know what happened but ? knows and nobody gets away,” said Pastor Fred Griggs.

Brenda Carter-Evans closes out the funeral with a solo as members of the F.O.I. look on.(center photo)Abdullah Yasin Muhammad of Chicago (R) and Larry Muhammad of the NOI Greenville Study Group. (lower)Heartbroken family members looking at the casket during the funeral in Moorhead, Mississippi.
Abdullah Yasin Muhammad, a son of the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad, told the audience, “This brother's life was not in vain. His face has become the national attention of the whole world. You're not buying the ? that this was a suicide. We will not rest until justice is done.”

The preliminary autopsy results by the Leflore County Coroner's Office declared it a suicide. County Sheriff Ricky Banksreportedly told media that evidence shows that Mr. Carter tied himself to the limb of the tree after leaning the old frame of a table against the tree trunk.

According to attorney Valerie Hicks Powe, the family is seeking a second autopsy and calling for the involvement of federal authorities.

“We're really disheartened that the local authorities really have not launched what we feel is a credible investigation. We're going to push, with the help of others across the country, the (Obama) administration and the Justice Department to launch an investigation to determine the reason why this young man was found where he was. It doesn't pass the smell test,” said Ms. Powe.

Over 60 members of the Nation of Islam came from over five states in the South to support the family. The Fruit of Islam served as pallbearers and on-site security. Attendees requested copies of The Final Call newspaper bearing the image of Mr. Carter on the cover to have as a keepsake.

“We stand with you and we love you. We want you to know that you're not alone,” said Larry Muhammad of the N.O.I. Study Group in Greenville, Miss.

“? used (Frederick) Jermaine to bring us together from all walks of life. He was so excited to work, he had plans to have his own family, he was always giving and the children loved him. Now that's the type of man they say something was wrong with?” said Minister Williams Ames as he questioned early news reports that Mr. Carter had a “mental condition.”

Rasheedah Annoor Muhammad of Greenwood, Miss., said, “I think the mother is so in tune with the spirit of ? . Any mother losing a child is a difficult thing. We wanted to be here as sisters to comfort the mother.”

“This doesn't need to die after the funeral. We have to continue to do what we need to do to bring justice to this family. They need to find out what was done to Jermaine. It definitely wasn't of his character to do something like this,” said Sunflower, Miss., Mayor Michael Pembleton, Jr.

Related news:

Comments

• anthony7q
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    what evidence is there of foul play?
    and to answer the question of why this wasn't all over the news:
    people die in ? up ways everyday...

Why am I not surprised someone would say that?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    2011 and brothers still getting lynched.

12923592852045675752.gif
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If it was suicide I really doubt he'd hang himself from a tree outside. The brother was hung.

As for why it isn't all over the news, people die everyday. Why should the news instantly give a ? about one person when thousands die in the same day? It's not the first hate crime, won't be the last, and other races beat each other, ? each other everyday and it's not reported to the national media. Local News covered it, like ? usually happens, what does national exposure do? Nothing. The community will be more helpful into finding who did it then CNN will by broadcasting it nationally and giving the KKK and Neo ? groups something to rile up the troops to be proud of.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh I don't know, perhaps, the same reason you wouldn't be surprised to find out sboogie and Leflore County's Coroner...hang out together?

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg
  • anthony7q
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If it was suicide I really doubt he'd hang himself from a tree outside. The brother was hung.

As for why it isn't all over the news, people die everyday. Why should the news instantly give a ? about one person when thousands die in the same day? It's not the first hate crime, won't be the last, and other races beat each other, ? each other everyday and it's not reported to the national media. Local News covered it, like ? usually happens, what does national exposure do? Nothing. The community will be more helpful into finding who did it then CNN will by broadcasting it nationally and giving the KKK and Neo ? groups something to rile up the troops to be proud of.

It matters because all of these happy brothers and sisters walking around skipping and s**t in the woods of Mississippi thinks the world is all gravy because we have a Black President but that's not the case.
  • ThatA
    ThatA Members Posts: 566
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Didn't that Natalie Halloway ? get more airtime than Lil Wayne music? I saw her face on a magazine cover a week or two ago and she died a long ass time ago. Not to mention she was having a good time before she died. White people get more air time than ? , forever.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options

The reason he brought that up, is because when some white girl goes missing in the bahamas, that ? makes national news.... for example. People do die everyday, but for a black man to be hung outside a church in the ? south.... that ? is not just a regular murder death ? .... that ? is what people of today claim is ancient ? history and "us modern negros never had to deal with"..... well... ? looks ? real to me.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    The reason he brought that up, is because when some white girl goes missing in the bahamas, that ? makes national news.... for example. People do die everyday, but for a black man to be hung outside a church in the ? south.... that ? is not just a regular murder death ? .... that ? is what people of today claim is ancient ? history and "us modern negros never had to deal with"..... well... ? looks ? real to me.

Foreign disappearances garner attention because it's American propaganda to make other justice systems seem inferior. In Holloway's case there was speculation it may have been a kidnapping, the person may still be alive and they search to find them. You have it wrong, missing person cases usually make the big news, very few deaths make headline national news unless it's children.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

So true...but I think the reason Natalie's murder was all out like that because her family got money....but yeah. This should make national news as well..but people will say "well, that's the South..what else would you expect?" because that type of ? was rampant since the slavery times.
  • Dee112
    Dee112 Members Posts: 294
    edited December 2010
    Options
    2011 and brothers still getting lynched.

12923592852045675752.gif

we are talking about mississippi now those white people their will never change,ever
  • Dee112
    Dee112 Members Posts: 294
    edited December 2010
    Options
    was there any evidence of foul play? was he beatin up? suicide? why was he hung its not enough questions being asked and the young man has already been buried if im a family member i want to know all those answers
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Foreign disappearances garner attention because it's American propaganda to make other justice systems seem inferior. In Holloway's case there was speculation it may have been a kidnapping, the person may still be alive and they search to find them. You have it wrong, missing person cases usually make the big news, very few deaths make headline national news unless it's children.

I bet if that kid wasn't white, there would have been no national coverage like there was.... no way.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Read about this in The Final Call after I copped a Bean Pie last week.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There's a million missing iraqs and that hasn't mad the news. Its not surprising that this case hasnt
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    I'm really trying to understand all of this.....First off if it really went down the way many/most AA's feel it did (damn I sure hope not!!) then it will be a horrible set back for race relations in this country. Now let's be current about things. Some Black people do have a tendency to jump to conclusions about things e.g., Duke University ? Case. Yeah we know all about how white men been ? your women for 600 years...WTF not that ? again. DAMN it's 2010.....WTF is it with you/some black people always clinging to the past and claim that white people ARE STILL doing ? like that....so really who was looking like the fools in the end? Yeah and that sorry-ass white DA played the race card game and he paid for it -- GOOD! So give this case its due process. However if its proven to be a suicide case will black folks truly believe it or still feel it was a cover up....?

Your white you will never face/ endure racism or discrimination in your lifetime...but when your dog dies all hell breaks loose and reality starts to sink in. Fact is white people still acting the same ain't ? change but the digits on your calendar. You still watching CNN and Fox as primary sources for cases like this huh?

Let me guess you the type that does this on a daily basis whenever its sunset and you walking in the inner city?

429200824725PM_488.jpg
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bunk: I don't know. Men of color usually don't do themselves. I mean, take me, for instance.
    McNulty: Yeah, I mean, you got all the reason in the world.
    Bunk: And yet here I am, still standing.
    McNulty: Give or take.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Heyslick, how do you feel about Harry Truman racially integrating the military?
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Maybe you should ask those who were alive when he did that?

So you don't have any thoughts about it because you weren't around back then? The concept should be fairly understandable for anyone.

I'm a little concerned that your refusal to answer indicates you have an opinion that would be considered pretty shameful.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I didn't do anything to your post, slick. I don't have mod powers in this room.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For some reason, I'm getting the impression that heyslick is a master troll. That HAS to be the case... lol
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well heyslick definitely is a racist. The question to consider, I guess, is whether or not he intentionally goes above and beyond to ? people off. I'm gonna say no. I think he genuinely believes the stuff he says.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lmfao..... too funny
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Or much more simply, because black people on the whole are much less shy about issues involving race than white people are.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not hardly, much more simple. And actually, it's much more difficult.

Considering any effective-discussion of Race in public or social circles or the workplace...is likely a passionate one, which then = that discussion results into Black people getting alienated excluded or fired.

There are plenty of EEOC offices which can verify this in terms of Blacks who screwed-up and dared to lack shyness, in the workplace, when it came to discussing Race.

But in a Eurocentric society, white people can easily go through life without having to consider matters of race.

Whether or not minorities feel free to openly articulate their views on race, American society forces them confront it, if only privately.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So since Eurocentrism is so evil and your way IE Afrocentrism would be the better alternative and solve society's problems.....then read this mister perfect black man.

http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/afrocent.html

How is Afrocentrism my way?

I'm white and have never promoted Afrocentrism. Nor did I even say Eurocentrism is evil.

You're always complaining that people make assumptions about you, but you're no better.