Whats the purpose of the Apacolypse?

TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
From the most basic idea why is the apocalypse necessary? Why were we created in the first place just to be destroyed. and for the chosen ones why does it take the apocalypse to let them into heaven? Whats the whole point in destruction if to get into heaven you basically have to be the complete opposite of what Armageddon describes?

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    All I could speculate is that ? created the universe and the earth and life on earth just cause he had nothing else to do and wanted to ? some time, and the apocalypse means he's bored with this ? .
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    To scare people into buying your books and movies
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    An apocalypse is a cleansing processes. I don't believe all people will be whiped out. just most. Humanity does need it, realistically. Just saying.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Chike wrote: »
    An apocalypse is a cleansing processes. I don't believe all people will be whiped out. just most. Humanity does need it, realistically. Just saying.

smh @ your heavenru quote.....
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    smh @ your heavenru quote.....

lol

TX_Made713 wrote: »
    From the most basic idea why is the apocalypse necessary? Why were we created in the first place just to be destroyed. and for the chosen ones why does it take the apocalypse to let them into heaven? Whats the whole point in destruction if to get into heaven you basically have to be the complete opposite of what Armageddon describes?

To end Satan's reign on earth. See chapter 19 of Revelation for details. Really want to get ahead of the curve, study Rev 13-20.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    What was the point of creating humans in the first place if he already had knowledge of all this ? ? He knew man would fall, he knew man would become more wicked, he knew he would have to send His son to die for us, he knew many still wouldn't care. Whats the point?

Why not just stick with dinosaurs? I'd like to think they were more amusing than us and actually kept the earth livable.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    What was the point of creating humans in the first place if he already had knowledge of all this ? ? He knew man would fall, he knew man would become more wicked, he knew he would have to send His son to die for us, he knew many still wouldn't care. Whats the point?

Why not just stick with dinosaurs? I'd like to think they were more amusing than us and actually kept the earth livable.

Remember, you're presumably posing this question to people who believe humans existed before dinosaurs.

I've give up on figuring out why ? created us and gave us free will so he could test us even though he already knows what we're going to do.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    It makes for a more interesting story?
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited December 2010
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Why not just end his original creation.....Satan?

I mean that's what he created Satan for right?

No hurry. ? 's got all the time in the world.

At this point in time, Satan serves a purpose. Testing of humanity.

Satan was created with "free will",..... just like the rest of the angels,... just like us.

Satan happened to be the first to decide he was smarter/better than ? .

1/3 of the angels ended up siding with Satan. And now people who think they are smarter/better than ? are dime a dozen.