Is sports as big a hoax as religion???

Options
Chillin&Postin
Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"the lakers are 11 ? who dont care about you"

that was a quote from a comedian i saw some time ago

fans will get financially and emotionally invested into strangers who could prolly care less about them.
and they do it why???
because the team is in the city they live in???
because a player is from the city they live in ???
the the team is a winner???

i myself can admit to gettin riled up and let down when watching the dolphins let the likes of the lions and raiders come back and get a win,,,but even with that,i dont even know why i care...its jus in me like many other humans who care to root for people that they will most likely never meet.

i see it almost worse than religion.
religion atleast promises a peace and paradise when you die.
you can root for your favorite team to win the super bowl,they win and then you cheer...

but what good did it do your life???
are you gettin a game check???
no,
you jus gonna go to work monday as usual

what is this connection we have with sports as humans???

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The science behind it is human beings are naturally very tribal. The same part of the brain that was active with our ancestors that made us loyal to the same "tribes" are the same parts of the brain active when thinking about sports teams.

Whites hate blacks for emotional reasons and Laker fans hate Heat fans for emotional reasons. Different result same principles. Thats why when you hear two sports fans argue Lebron vs. Kobe niether side can just argue the strict facts. Not so long until somebody says, "YEAH AND KOBE'S A ? ! LeBRON IS DISLOYAL!" like that has anything to do with their skill sets as athletes.

Its more about how we are still more emotionally driven and animalistic than we'd like to think or have led ourselves to believe and how when you strip away all the ? humans are nothing more than advanced primates. Driven by tribalism.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    The science behind it is human beings are naturally very tribal. The same part of the brain that was active with our ancestors that made us loyal to the same "tribes" are the same parts of the brain active when thinking about sports teams.

Whites hate blacks for emotional reasons and Laker fans hate Heat fans for emotional reasons. Different result same principles. Thats why when you hear two sports fans argue Lebron vs. Kobe niether side can just argue the strict facts. Not so long until somebody says, "YEAH AND KOBE'S A ? ! LeBRON IS DISLOYAL!" like that has anything to do with their skill sets as athletes.

Its more about how we are still more emotionally driven and animalistic than we'd like to think or have led ourselves to believe and how when you strip away all the ? humans are nothing more than advanced primates. Driven by tribalism.

X ThaChozenWun
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    great post Darx

i was afraid it would jus come down to that.
    there is alot of behavior in humans that we can chalk up to nature but we chose not to due to our ego's sayingthat we are far more advanced than the average animal.

i mean,jus look at most women's preference of a tall man over a short man.
    i read that comes from many a years ago when we were hunter-gatherers and women wanted a man that could see over tall grass and pick fruit from trees.
    we are removed from that way of living,but the preference still remains
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    great post Darx

i was afraid it would jus come down to that.
    there is alot of behavior in humans that we can chalk up to nature but we chose not to due to our ego's sayingthat we are far more advanced than the average animal.

i mean,jus look at most women's preference of a tall man over a short man.
    i read that comes from many a years ago when we were hunter-gatherers and women wanted a man that could see over tall grass and pick fruit from trees.
    we are removed from that way of living,but the preference still remains

The preference of a man being tall is hard wired from years of evolution, but it's not about picking fruit, the smallest of men and weakest were usually gatherers, the tall and strong were hunters. It's more to instinctively do with feeling protected and safe more than anything.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The preference of a man being tall is hard wired from years of evolution, but it's not about picking fruit, the smallest of men and weakest were usually gatherers, the tall and strong were hunters. It's more to instinctively do with feeling protected and safe more than anything.

yes,
    i have read that also

its the protection factor.
    and that is something i always think about...gender roles

in america the lines are so blurred and tradition or what we know as tradition is damn near thrown out the window nowadays

i say that chivalry is dead,and thats because women killed it.
    women back in the day were proud to pick a man and be submissive. that didnt mean they were jus walked on,because a woman had her strengths and rights within her gender role. now the word submissive is immediately looked down upon.

some women want the same privileges as a man but not the role responsibilities while some men want the excuses benefited to a woman while still being respected as a man
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

what is this connection we have with sports as humans???

Morbid curiosity. At first it was the Colosseum, now it's sports.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options

Well there's a difference between right and instincts. Women can do jobs that men can and all that. Instinctively though they can't change that, no one can change instincts, they are there and that's all there is to it.

Liking taller men most of the time is an instinct
    Liking women who look like their more capable to bear children is instinct
    Liking the alpha male of the group (confidence) is instinct
    Men consider looks first because we are here to mate, to reproduce. We don't worry about if the girl has a job, has strong protective features, etc.. thats instinct.
    Females don't consider looks and then move on, they take into consideration multiple things before looks because instinctively they mated with males that would protect and provide first.

And then there's hard wired animalistic things we can't shake off. When you have sex ? and you pull a girls hair most of the time its a turn on for them because it's a hardwired trait. Multiple animals that mate that way bite the back of the females neck during intercourse and that's where it comes from.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Morbid curiosity. At first it was the Colosseum, now it's sports.

Men were chosen by women based on how strong they were, how well of a fighter they were, all that. Women throughout time have chosen the Alpha male of the tribe to mate with and reproduce with.

From fighting tigers to playing football on sunday or w/e sport it is, it's just that male passion to prove you are the alpha male among all others, that's all it is.

And the Colosseum was still a sport, blood sport.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Men were chosen by women based on how strong they were, how well of a fighter they were, all that. Women throughout time have chosen the Alpha male of the tribe to mate with and reproduce with.

From fighting tigers to playing football on sunday or w/e sport it is, it's just that male passion to prove you are the alpha male among all others, that's all it is.

And the Colosseum was still a sport, blood sport.

Damn, where along the lines did females start picking the runts of the pack:( and why
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well there's a difference between right and instincts. Women can do jobs that men can and all that. Instinctively though they can't change that, no one can change instincts, they are there and that's all there is to it.

Liking taller men most of the time is an instinct
    Liking women who look like their more capable to bear children is instinct
    Liking the alpha male of the group (confidence) is instinct
    Men consider looks first because we are here to mate, to reproduce. We don't worry about if the girl has a job, has strong protective features, etc.. thats instinct.
    Females don't consider looks and then move on, they take into consideration multiple things before looks because instinctively they mated with males that would protect and provide first.

And then there's hard wired animalistic things we can't shake off. When you have sex ? and you pull a girls hair most of the time its a turn on for them because it's a hardwired trait. Multiple animals that mate that way bite the back of the females neck during intercourse and that's where it comes from.

ayo chozen
    you get this from a book or a course you took???

if a book then drop the link
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ayo chozen
    you get this from a book or a course you took???

if a book then drop the link

It's some pick up artist philosophy lol, I'll pm you fam.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's some pick up artist philosophy lol, I'll pm you fam.

awe ite,
    gotchu

chopp up game then
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Damn, where along the lines did females start picking the runts of the pack:( and why

When we started to out evolve instincts. We haven't came far, but some instincts can be broken depending on which ones.

As for the runts, in the other post I mentioned that females throw in a number of factors outside of just looks before determining that "special" person, and you know this is true. So what now is a runt physically, may be accepted because in his social circle he does many things, he can be the alpha male of the runt tribe, he can turn on the "provider and stability" sensor which gets him in the door and makes the female feel comfortable with him. There a number of factors involved in it.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know the Eagles don't give a ? about me, but at least Mike Vick actually exists and I don't have to hate people for their sexual orientation to be a good Eagles fan.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    I know the Eagles don't give a ? about me, but at least Mike Vick actually exists and I don't have to hate people for their sexual orientation to be a good Eagles fan.

You might be even more excited to catch a game had you been ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When we started to out evolve instincts. We haven't came far, but some instincts can be broken depending on which ones.

As for the runts, in the other post I mentioned that females throw in a number of factors outside of just looks before determining that "special" person, and you know this is true. So what now is a runt physically, may be accepted because in his social circle he does many things, he can be the alpha male of the runt tribe, he can turn on the "provider and stability" sensor which gets him in the door and makes the female feel comfortable with him. There a number of factors involved in it.

I was meaning all around. Females pick some real 'winners' ya know? Wtf, why are females doing that? When did it start? How do we as females fix it.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I was meaning all around. Females pick some real 'winners' ya know? Wtf, why are females doing that? When did it start? How do we as females fix it.

So you are asking why a female chooses a guy who's ugly, broke, has no inspiration, scrawny, lives with his parents, etc...?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So you are asking why a female chooses a guy who's ugly, broke, has no inspiration, scrawny, lives with his parents, etc...?

Idk what I mean. Cuz there are some pretty successful ambitious people who are so attractively impaired you want to impale them with a blunt object, and some awesome skinny people on the planet, Right now I seem to impaired to convey my understanding correctly.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Idk what I mean. Cuz there are some pretty successful ambitious people who are so attractively impaired you want to impale them with a blunt object, and some awesome skinny people on the planet, Right now I seem to impaired to convey my understanding correctly.

tumblr_lcx6atuJmN1qzw8k3o1_400.gif

You're going to hell drunkard. :) And yea I have no idea what you askin really so uhhh yea.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tumblr_lcx6atuJmN1qzw8k3o1_400.gif

You're going to hell drunkard. :) And yea I have no idea what you askin really so uhhh yea.

Cheers!! At least I'll be warm!!

For real though, you haven't seen what I mean by females picking non 'winners' in life?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    "YEAH AND KOBE'S A ? ! LeBRON IS DISLOYAL!"
    i'm sorry, i got totally distracted by the most important part of your post
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Cheers!! At least I'll be warm!!

For real though, you haven't seen what I mean by females picking non 'winners' in life?

I see what you're saying there, but it goes back to what I was saying in that there's multiple factors that influence a females decision. While you see a ? in someone, the other girl may have seen something you didn't that triggers that switch to flip on. If you would i guess give women a rating system lol, what triggers the switches on someone who is a 10, may not trigger the same switches on someone who is an 8. Then you have someone who is a three that just about everything triggers a switch on. So where as the guy you see may not fit the mold, the other girl can see someone completely different. You could see him as someone who isn't able to provide, who doesn't bear the looks to make you see him as strong match to reproduce with, or someone strong within his social circle, and so on. And her switch can just be triggered by the fact he's big and she instinctively sees him as the tribal warrior, someone to protect her and their children.

There's multiple classes guys will get pre-selected into.
    1. Warrior - Women say okay my niche is the member that protects and keeps us safe
    2. Hunter - This is the guy that women choose based on his ability to provide, this falls into plenty of categories (muscles, money, ambition, drive, will, etc..)
    3. Gatherer - This is the guy that women think they can control, the one they think will stay home from hunting, the one that will provide but remain away from danger and bring longevity to their life.
    4. Tribal Leader - This would be in essence the prototypical male, the Alpha Male with the money, the other tribal women trying to get at him, the bigger hut, the strong social circle, the fear, the respect.
    5. The "Spiritual" guru - This is the guy who is small, skinny, don't hunt, don't gather. But is one of the most feared because of his intelligence. Women pre-select him because he in any type of situation can reign over all other groups. He can make the leader crumble, the hunter remain in town, the gatherer stray from the fields, the warrior hold off on battle.

And within these are sub categories and so on which Im not typing right now because this is probably nothing to do with what you're asking but It might be so I went ahead and typed this much and what not. For me to give you an actual in depth answer specific to someone and not a broad generalization you'd have to give me a good description of that person.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options

And within these are sub categories and so on which Im not typing right now because this is probably nothing to do with what you're asking but It might be so I went ahead and typed this much and what not. For me to give you an actual in depth answer specific to someone and not a broad generalization you'd have to give me a good description of that person.
    Alright a Doctor in the house!

I appreciate everything you typed out Chozen, it does help with what I was asking. It kind of goes along with what I read a while ago also, that females 'sniff out' males who are least like them genetically; but with the colognes, lotions, body washes etc, people can't smell out the most beneficial mates. But yeah I was wondering more psychologically.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Alright a Doctor in the house!

I appreciate everything you typed out Chozen, it does help with what I was asking. It kind of goes along with what I read a while ago also, that females 'sniff out' males who are least like them genetically; but with the colognes, lotions, body washes etc, people can't smell out the most beneficial mates. But yeah I was wondering more psychologically.

Psychologically it's all about building comfort, you don't even have to show any other character that I mentioned just w/e makes them comfortable around you. Once comfort is built, then other characteristics influence the mental part, physically touching someone one place on their neck compared to the other can trigger you to mentally open up the "he's a friend trait" or "? ! ? !" trait.
    But now that you mention more psychologically, I'll take another 20 minutes out of my extremely busy post Monday night football night to explain that.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Psychologically it's all about building comfort, you don't even have to show any other character that I mentioned just w/e makes them comfortable around you. Once comfort is built, then other characteristics influence the mental part, physically touching someone one place on their neck compared to the other can trigger you to mentally open up the "he's a friend trait" or "? ! ? !" trait.
    But now that you mention more psychologically, I'll take another 20 minutes out of my extremely busy post Monday night football night to explain that.
    Take your time, I gotta head to bed for work tomorrow lol :(