Is sports as big a hoax as religion???

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So Psychologically there's I'm going to say seven major ones, some of us use 10 when teaching about it others use more but seven is the major ones that tie into Psychology..

The first is perception., how you see someone. Early humans couldn't talk, we couldn't tell someone we're interested, we couldn't explain what features we liked on the opposite sex, we learned everything from what we took in and saw and concluded what that was that we saw. In a females case, as I mentioned before about picking certain members from a tribe, arranged and labeled men from what they physically perceived. As you know there's sometimes a different from our perception and the reality. This is one of the major forces in which you were talking about where subject A likes sees this in someone where as subject B sees nothing. But the general perception is strong and brawny is a warrior or hunter, smaller guys doctors or gatherers, and so on like I already talked about.
    A person’s knowledge creates his or her reality as much as the truth, because the human mind can only contemplate that to which it has been exposed. When objects are viewed without understanding, the mind will try to reach for something that it already recognizes, in order to process what it is viewing. - And what the bolded means when tied in mentally is humans are a mystery, we wear many clothes and physically we often mask who we are mentally, so when you see someone strong and muscular, the sensors trigger the brain which brings in ancient perception that we carry on and equate strong and muscular with warrior. When you see someone who is built but still lean, your thinking as a female about who he still is mentally "he got a nice body but whats he like". You can't at that moment perceive what he really is so that switch goes again and draws a memory and you equate him being strong yet agile with a hunter. So you think of him as what I described in a hunter. It's hard to explain sometimes, I can show people what I mean in person talking to a random female but that pretty much is the gist of it.

Next is cognition, which is split into two things, cognitive (how we know the world), and affect (feelings and emotions). Which means from this point when your switch turns on, you know that he is in this class based on what you perceived at first, now that ties into your feelings and emotions. You instantly become attracted on certain values (feelings) and then you step into your more advanced mind frame and then start to go through the motions wondering if he also fits certain other molds (emotions). This is when you decide "okay should I approach him or let him see me looking and hope he comes over" or "yea hes cute, well groomed, well dressed, w/e but he just dont seem right". This would be feelings again, emotions would take place when he starts walking toward you and you get all flustered and start playing out scenarios in your head instantly and you lose control of the situation you were just going through finely on your own a second ago. This entire stage is strictly about information processing.

Then comes attention. Some guys don't understand why girls dress like they want to be noticed and then dismiss them not realizing it was all about how you approach that attention. A guy who is self sufficient, the alpha male, the leader of the pack doesn't approach a women straight on like that (for our own instinctive reasoning). So you dress for attention, but don't really want to be noticed it's more of a helping you feel good with you thing. Now the real attention getter is guys not paying attention to y'all. Why settle for the guy you're going to know in 10 seconds when the guy who's going to put you through all these steps is still around. I keep getting sidetracked but main thing is women love to be the attention getter and most guys are happy to do whatever to get it. That routine is played out, it's nice, but it doesn't complete the process. So the guy who pays you little mind, or does the cat string theory (give a cat the whole ball it gets bored in a minute but keep pushing the ball toward it then pulling it away it plays all day) looks as if the stronger leader who shows interest, but at the same time is saying, "yea your cute but so are the other how ever many women in here" makes y'all turn jealous (this idk why it happens) and then it no longer up to male to gain interest but keep her jealous. After a little bit we can focus full attention and reward her for trying so hard to keep us there and once she's all "yay i won his attention" you start the next phase.

That's emotion. Not cognitive emotion, but emotion that has no guessing involved. This is the major comfort building phase that either ends in you walking away confused or her giving out a number or w/e it is you may do. Your still a mystery to us and we are to you, but we both have an understanding of the basics of one another from the playful banter. Now if we were honest and didn't put on a mask from the get go, then it's simple, be more sincere while remaining our self and what you were initially interested in and gathered from the first 3 phases combines and throws out what wasn't real and keeps what was. When what y'all keep is more than what you throw away comfort is built your mind is saying "Yes he can provide, and protect, and I think we can have children together, blah blah blah" and that's main building phases and how they work to trigger things.
    1. Perceive
    2. Use cognitive and affect
    3. Make her prove shes worth attention, it gives us an image of social privilege.
    4. Build the emotional rollercoaster from the pieces she just bought and layed everywhere.

Within these lie the other three.

1. Personality - Which falls under everything. Does he dress different (ie stand out as a leader should), speak loud and clearly (shows leadership), shows disinterest in the "pretty girl" (shows he's not just there to mate and run away) this is perception. He dresses like a leader, speaks clear, but he looks other ways when talking this is cognition, you either perceive him as nervous, which voids the leadership role, or as disinterested in that convo, which makes you say "yea he's a pack leader he is needy, or clingy, or easy to persuade". Some girls like cling most don't. This also mixes with attention if you think for a second. Then the emotional is sitting down and having a real conversation building comfort in which she gets the toned down serious side of you.

2. Behavior - which again falls into the category. How you behave physically, shows who you are mentally. Nervous twitches, eye movements, stuttering, rubbing fingers, touching your hair, and the list goes on shows the mentally your not up to par and you're unable to be what she thought you were.

3. Interpersonal Relationships - Again, all categories. We show we can lead a group of people, that we're superior to the other males, we bring females in the entourage to show and prove there's not need to think your special yet because you can just as easily be one of them and there's beautiful options besides you. It shows we aren't dependent on you or anyone else, it establishes instant trust by showing this group of people of both genders is trusting enough and willing to spend the night out with you. It shows you that we're capable of having an maintaining relationships. The one other thing that shocks people is that it proves we would make good partners. If I can travel with many women and do nothing with them, it shows I can be loyal, I've already mentioned it means I'm trustworthy having them under my wing, it shows that I can protect because they came with me, me buying them drinks shows I can provide for my circle. And all these subtle small things that you don't notice, is influencing your entire thought process before you know it and often times don't realize it.

So when you see Subject B with someone, and you are thinking wtf!. This is why, because she observed something somewhere that you didn't and it instinctively at that time relayed to her that the guy shes with now was a great match. You didn't see him at that time so it didn't map itself into your brain, but during the time they met her mind was busy sewing patches on all these sensories to build someone up in there that you won't know or see. And the reason sometimes that you can't see these things, is because certain men know how trick the mind into seeing whats not really there, and this is something that I personally don't discuss. But I'm sure you know how the mind is when it comes to the art of illusion.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if you made this in cheap seats, feelings would have been caught
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's simple. It trains people to be blindly patriotic. If you live in Boston, mostlikely you're a boston fan out of the box. You stay loyal to your boston team or otherwise your local team's fanbase will outcast you and hate you. This same concept is then applied to your own nation on a much grander scale. Whenever America goes to war... guess who everyone will be rooting for out of patriotic principle? You guessed it. It's psychology.... and a way to make massive money and keep everyone distracted all in one.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Man you really are confused. If you wont stand up for something you'll fall for anything......all I ever see you post are endless excuses for the actions of those who need to take responsibility for their actions...and if you can't convince someone your theory is the absolute truth...out comes the blame game card. Your to damn busy trying to convince yourself HOW righteous your nonsense is. Do you ever stop and smell the coffee? WHO in the ? ever promised you a rose garden.....think about it.

Options
    How stupid can you be? ^^^^

Chike, maybe you should take some of this woman's advice and give it up with the constant NEGAVTIVITY.

Are you going to begin to explain wtf you're talking about anytime soon? And how am I negative? For exposing the truth? gtfoh. maybe you live in candyland, that's the white privilege mentality kicking in again, son. And that black women agrees with me.... she explains in detail how being black in this society is automatically a disability.

Now she goes on to say that the brothers that make it out of the ghetto should go back to the hood and tell everyone that they CAN make it.... ok first of all, we already ? know plenty of black house negroes sold their souls to get rich. Making it out of the ghetto does not automatically make you a hero. You could contribute to the same poison keeping the black community in shambles , work HARD to do so, and then get a nice chunk of the pie by the enemy because of your contribution. This girl has no idea about the real world and what it takes to become so called successful in this society. This is capitalism, bro, if you aint making more money for someone else, if you aint taking more from others and giving much much less, you aint gonna make it. Why the ? would someone like Michael Jordan come back to the ghetto and tell people that the reason he made it out of the hood is because he tricked black kids into paying 200 dollars for a pair of shoes? gtfoh...
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Your entire premise reeks of NEGAVTIVITY -- I learned LONG ago you gotta 'eliminate the negative and accentuate the positive' If I were black and listened to folks like you I'd be depressed from the get go. I betcha you understand my point now, or at least I hope you do.

Being Negative is not about exposing the obstacles humanity is face. It's about how you feel. I am not a negative person at all. I'm completely happy and content with myself and I hardly have anything. It would be like you saying slaves should be positive even though they're ? slaves. it's ridiculous. There are people in this world ? suffering everyday when they don't need to be. Until that ends, I will never stop exposing the truth, no matter how ? negative that ? may seem.

Again, White privilege. You can afford to be happy go lucky, because you know when you step out of your house, you wont get harrassed by the police for no ? reason.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Really you just don't get it......WTF is it with this slave mentality (where in this country are there slaves?).....go on worry about the entire world and those who suffer if that's your thing.....but don't be putting your damn pity the entire world ? on me. Just this last summer I was stopped and questioned, because I was wearing a blue shirt and fit the description of someone who had a warrant....I said wtf to myself....then thought just be polite and don't get mad at the cop...as it turns out I wasn't the man the cop thought I was....did I get angry about it.....NO. FYI take your collective salvation ? and I'll deal with the individual salvation aspect of life here in America.....I can't save the whole damn world

LMFAO You're a riot man...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well this thread has went to ?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    it is human nature to worship. Sports are just other religions. Athletes their gods.

I have never gotten injured and said "Nah I'm good, Ben Roethlisberger got will heal it". I've never said "Hines Ward will solve world hunger not my problem". I've never prayed to Troy Polamalu for the winning lottery ticket.

? out of here with that athletes are gods ? .
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    nah you just throw money away to watch them play like christians tossing money in the collection plate. You just wear their numbers/jerseys like crosses. You just dedicate entire days (sunday) to watching them play.

i was also told by a teacher of mine that when europeans took over nations they would introduce their sports in those countries to distract them from rebelling.

Man has an infinite appetite for distraction.

I've already explained in this thread why sports are available and loved. But by your standard of why sports and religion are alike you might as well say the internet is like religion, cable tv is like religion, hopscotch is like religion, drawing is like religion, bingo is like religion, social events are like religion and so on.

All have money spent on them, entertain people, and so on.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they are. everyone is religious, even athiests. what you worship is the only thing that differs.
    you're thinking too literal when you hear 'worship.' im speakin figuratively of course.

So you replace the words like and enjoy with worship.... okay then.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it is worship though the way these sports heads argue over ? . similar to how these religious heads argue over religion. You don't even know these men and you're willing to fight over someones opinion on them, or the sport? sounds like a religious fanatic to me.

another similarity between the two is the lack of concern towards females in the two. No universally loved female athletes, no universally loved female deities.

It seems you don't know the meaning of worship then.

And like I said a few post ago, I explained the love of sports and why it is the way it is. If you read it you will understand why females don't have the same presence in sports.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you explained your love of sports. you can't explain everyone's.

I stated my opinion by pointing out the numerous similarities in the ways people treat religion and sports. The same can be said about hollywood stars and more. T/S this was a good thread, ? what anyone says. people love to worship.

I get what you're saying, and even the bible itself speaks about false idolatry and men worship. worship is not just going to church and praying. It's a fascination and unconditional loyalty to an image created by man. This includes religion.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Competition and violence are intrinsic to humanity. As society becomes more "civil," it needs more avenues to exercise those aspects of the human experience. Since most people aren't out there killing rivals for land, resources, or women, they turn on a sport and root for their team to "? " the other. The Boxing/MMA ring may be a little more civil that the Colliseum, but it's still all about seeing some carnage.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Competition and violence are intrinsic to humanity. As society becomes more "civil," it needs more avenues to exercise those aspects of the human experience. Since most people aren't out there killing rivals for land, resources, or women, they turn on a sport and root for their team to "? " the other. The Boxing/MMA ring may be a little more civil that the Colliseum, but it's still all about seeing some carnage.

That's only because we're raised that way. Monks don't feel the need for conflict or carnage or competition. Are they not human?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    That's only because we're raised that way. Monks don't feel the need for conflict or carnage or competition. Are they not human?

Intrinsic to all humans, Monks and some people train themselves to break instinctive qualities.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no - they are just more civil, despite the fact most of them live away from civilization.

Exactly. The environment has alot to do with shaping people a certain way. So you can't really say something is human nature just because a certain culture behaves that way.

Intrinsic to all humans, Monks and some people train themselves to break instinctive qualities.

There are plenty of people out there who just don't like conflict or competition. This is not instinctive, it's a personality trait.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chris Hitchens (RIP) dissed sports a while back.

It was dumb then and its dumb now.

Sports are fun, you humorless atheist ? .
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Chris Hitchens (RIP) dissed sports a while back.

It was dumb then and its dumb now.

Sports are fun, you humorless atheist ? .

Of course they're fun, that's the point. You wouldn't exactly distract the masses with Senior Citizen Polka Dancing competitions.