Personal Trainers

Options
GrizTitan
GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Weight Room
It is better to get a male or female? Im 198 trying to bulk up to about 250. I am thinking female because I think I would do better because of that trying to impress mentality. What would you suggest?

Comments

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'd say go with the trainer that has the ideal look that you want B and see if they have a good size clientele. Because there are trainers that don't know ? and will have you wasting your money. A good trainer will even put a meal plan together for you too.
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    save yo money, the best personal trainer for you is....YOURSELF!

I recommend two books for you

1.The Complete Keys of Progress

2. Real Strength, Real Muscle by. John Christy (Rip)

After reading those two books....you can become a personal trainer for others.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    most people that use personal trainers are old folks, ? dudes and women...unless u are some big time movie star trying to look like a Greek ? in 12 weeks u can bulk up by yourself...
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »
    It is better to get a male or female? Im 198 trying to bulk up to about 250. I am thinking female because I think I would do better because of that trying to impress mentality. What would you suggest?

Unless the woman is into series training with weights it's best to go with the male personal trainer who should have experience doing the exercises that you need to do to bulk up. And who will also help you focus better on your training. The female trainers at my gym only inspire one of my "muscles" to get bigger and I don't need to workout that one it's already strong enough.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »

why???

I agree with this
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

i'm double cosigning this as well. bump havin somethin be in my hear yellin. i got my headphones, my music, and my motivation. booyah! i'm good