RUMOR: Brock Lesnar wants out of UFC to work with WWE at 'Mania

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
I don't know what to say about this. I haven't watched TV at all this holiday season, so I haven't heard anything about this..............
According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo Sports, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is looking for an “exit strategy” to get out of his UFC contract, which most believe currently has one fight left on it. Lesnar “badly” wants to work WWE’s WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with WWE officials about how a deal can be reached..

In what sounds like a very telling piece of information, Brock Lesnar has not talked with anyone from UFC or answered Dana White’s phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar has not been in the gym once since his devastating loss to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121.

It’s said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his loss to Velasquez and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

The MMA world has been buzzing about this story since Dave Melzer broke the news on Monday night. Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock’s attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn’t want to get injured. He’s very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Lesnar, who is known for being unbelievably competitive, does not seem like the kind of guy to just walk away from MMA after such a crushing loss without trying to get revenge or end his career with a win. On the other hand, he may have realized that the gap between his abilities and those of new champion Cain Velasquez is too big to overcome.

Lesnar has been hunting and hasn’t even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania “badly” and will earn an estimated 2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Its widely known that Lesnar was miserable with WWE’s brutal travel schedule and vowed to never be on the road with WWE 200 days a year again. With the mainstream success he’s had in the UFC and the insane drawing power he’s displayed during his time there, he could make a truckload of money working WrestleMania and a few other limited appearances.

? , can't blame him, and 2milli for 30 minutes of work, without having to get punched, kicked, a limb twisted, or tossed around..........take notes from Dwayne Johnson. He already set, but an additional 2milli is just the cherry, get it and get out. Seems like he gets bored with ? fast. What's next, his marriage? But I doubt a ? will get tired of Sable ? , though I'm sure there's better ? out there in the world.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    that last loss crippled his soul apparently.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think it's a punk move if he leaves the UFC. Specially after that last ass whoopin Cain handed him. If he leaves, he's taking the ? way out.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Brock Lesnar always gives up . This is definitely not the first time he quits , i knew he never woulda last in the UFC.
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited December 2010
    Options
    $2 Million wasted if this does happen. It won't really effect the buyrate. Most UFC fans hate/look down upon Pro Wrestling since it's "fake".
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think it's a punk move if he leaves the UFC. Specially after that last ass whoopin Cain handed him. If he leaves, he's taking the ? way out.

Co- ? sign! Just what I was thinking.

If this is true, he never deserved to hold the title in the first place, imo.

It's one thing to lose, but to given the ? up and walk away from ever trying to beat the man you beat took your title? That ain't that heart of a champ. That's the heart of a pure ? . What's this dude like only 33 or 34?. ? move. No to mention that he'd be robbin his fans too.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    2 milli for 30 mins got damn
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is EXACTLY how he left the WWE... like a ?
    when u wrestle ur not supposed to leave without first makin a star outta someone else
    But Brock jus left abruptly, he didn't lose a big match that I can remember or get beaten by an up and comin WWE superstar, he jus left

Its not Brock fault he's jus a big mufucca who can't fight, warriors aren't made, theyre born
    Brock ain't no warrior, he jus a athletically gifted guy who's tryin to make money and make a name

He lost to Cain becuz he came unprepared, how are you gonna get mad and leave?
    its ok for Brock to smash in Frank Mir's face and make Heath Herring do baccflips, but its not ok for Brock to get hurt or get his ass whooped???

? please, jus GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

u ? is missing the point...vince is gonna give him 2million dollars for 30 minutes of work..how much will dana white really pay him in his last fight on his mma contract....? just sounds like smart business to me
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited December 2010
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    u ? is missing the point...vince is gonna give him 2million dollars for 30 minutes of work..how much will dana white really pay him in his last fight on his mma contract....? just sounds like smart business to me

Yeah. Same scenario when The Dudley Boyz or Taz left ECW for the WWF. They were having their paychecks bounce, and Heyman wouldn't even give The Dudley's a $1 raise. So of course they jumped ship. Tito Ortiz said in an interview once, at his most popular he made like $200k a year. Brock can make 10x more than that in 30 minutes. 2 Mil is more than the average person makes in a lifetime.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no matter what people think about wrestling or mma..wrestling will always make more money..
    john cena today>any mma fighter ever
    vince selling cena t-shirts> EVERY MMA PPV THIS YR
  • earth two superman
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no matter what people think about wrestling or mma..wrestling will always make more money..
    john cena today>any mma fighter ever
    vince selling cena t-shirts> EVERY MMA PPV THIS YR

lol is this true? is wwe still making money like that?

prolly a stupid question but i dont watch it like that anymore
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol is this true? Is wwe still making money like that?

Prolly a stupid question but i dont watch it like that anymore

yeah this true.........

And that ? brock i think is shook from that beating he received
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Bruh, maybe so. But wouldn't you at least want to get revenge on dude who stomped a mud hole in you and walked you dry? Yeah, Vince is putting a lot of money out there and Brock would make 10x more going back to the WWE than in the UFC. But in the end, if Brock were to leave, he would look like the biggest ? that ever stepped foot inside, or should I say outside of a octagon. Dude was hyping himself up as the biggest thing to ever fight in the UFC. I mean all that talk he be doing and then leaving like a punk ass ? is not a good look. I don't care how much money your leaving the UFC for. Have some ? dignity and be a ? man and say what the ? you were gonna do. Not back down like a little ? girl and go running back to the WWE, that you ran the ? away from too. Vince McMahon is known to bring back guys just to get the last laugh. If Brock were to do this, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince had something ? up his sleeve, for the way Brock left the WWE before.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited December 2010
    Options
    everything is about fuccin money

If Brock wanna be a lil hoe let him be a lil hoe

WWE, NFL, UFC

he jumps from dicc to dicc

if he does got bacc to WWE he'll be in TNA by 2012

and after all the ? he's gonna lose his little star power and end up doin these things:

Hostin American Gladiators
    Playin the final henchman in Tony Jaa movies (a la Nathan Jones)
    A spokesperson for Total Gym
    A spokesperson for P90X workouts and dietary supplement infomercials

and he's gonna end up on steroids becuz as he gets older he'll find it hard to workout and maintain that body and size he's so famous for
    as a result of the intense workouts he's gonna end up injuring himself
    which will finally lead to him havin a severe addiction to painkillers
    and finally dead in a hotel room from an overdose
  • earth two superman
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^
    but he did fucc sable though....
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

WWE, NFL, UFC

and after all the ? he's gonna lose his little star power and end up doin these things:

and he's gonna end up on steroids becuz as he gets older he'll find it hard to workout and maintain that body and size he's so famous for

LMAO @ this post, smh
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Great. Hope he does, because UFC is wack as hell. That ? isn't even entertaining. All they do is takedowns.

Btw SMH at people criticizing him for wanting to do this. Life is not about pleasing some fickle ass fans that could care less about you. He doesn't owe any loyalty to any entertainment business pimping him for his abilities.

If he wants to leave the wackass UFC for WWE, then let him do him. Plus the WWE could use another superstar-like figure, because their entertainment value is at an all-time low.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^
    but he did fucc sable though....

....Sable's gonna leave Brock for the Miz.... which will in turn send Brock into even deeper depression before his untimely drug induced demise smh

Sable on fuccs champions and Marc Mero

Brock will never again be a champion or Marc Mero
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited December 2010
    Options

WWE, NFL, UFC

this post is ether.cuz its so damn true

someone should sticky this somewhere so 10 years down the line when we watchin a martial arts movie and brock burst thru a concrete wall as the final boss......we'll know this was prophesied
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this post is ether.cuz its so damn true

someone should sticky this somewhere so 10 years down the line when we watchin a martial arts movie and brock burst thru a concrete wall as the final boss......we'll know this was prophesied

HAAAAAAAAA y'all ? is funny as hell
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Plus everybody thinks Brock is kinda racist after some of the comments he made before the Cain Velasquez fight

Brock needs to find a niche and sticc to it (no leavin when things get ruff)

I like Brock regardless of what I say about him I think hes a fuccin beast

all he would need to do is learn sum more versatile submissions, get a great boxin coach, and dedicate his every wakin moment to his craft (he has to make MMA his craft and his career)
    and he'll be champion again in no time and also the hardest fighter to beat

Imagine if a guy Brock's size threw a submission on you and locced it in.... how the fucc would you escape???
    Imagine if you were standin up wit Brock, you swung, he dips out the way and hits you with an overhand right from HELL..... how the fucc could you NOT get rocced???

jus off athletic ability Brock should be one of the most dangerous fighter in UFC history
    and if you add more technical skills to his repertoire he would be close to unstoppable

Brock paces himself, he wallows on you, takes you down, smothers you, presses all his weight up against you and the cage
    he sneaks in hard heavy shots to the body
    he's on top of you pressin his shoulder into your chest and under your chin while pinnin your arms down
    youre winded, youre gassed and gaspin for air
    the ref stands you guys up
    you circle each other
    then right when you go in for a leg kicc or quicc jab
    Brock eats it and unleashes a flurry of powerful strikes that literally knoccs your arms loose when you try to guard
    he catches you wit a quicc straight to the chin
    and when you fall bacc losin your equilibrium the only question left to answer is:

Is Brock gonna ? me or spare my life??? lol
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

WWE, NFL, UFC

Greatest post in this thread lol
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Brock Lesnar = a white Bob Sapp

Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez = Bob Sapp vs. Mirko Cro Cop
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bob Sapp is a joke, a ? joke. He was never good at anything that he did. He was a just a physical specimen to look at..............in JAPAN.

he got over in Japan on his size. They imaged him as a gorilla and he accepted that marketing ploy.

he bounced around from different MMA leagues, boxing, and pro wrestling, but he was never good in any of them.

At least Brock has determination to excel in something, he's just confused on which "something" it is.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Bob Sapp is a joke, a ? joke. He was never good at anything that he did. He was a just a physical specimen to look at..............in JAPAN.

he got over in Japan on his size. They imaged him as a gorilla and he accepted that marketing ploy.

he bounced around from different MMA leagues, boxing, and pro wrestling, but he was never good in any of them.

At least Brock has determination to excel in something, he's just confused on which "something" it is.

what about Tank Abott