Is the world really designed? Is it perfectly planned?

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
How would you know if the world was designed or not? Can we call it perfect? Certainly you can observe a human created object and notice an attempt at perfection, but perfection of what? Can it be considered perfect if the design no longer serves a purpose? What purpose does the human design offer to earth? can this planet continue on without us?

here's my take. To design to construct or make a plan? Does a human contain a design? You can say DNA is a blueprint for a growing functioning human. But is it perfect? Is it static? No. We already know that it's an imperfect design because we adapt and change all the time do to the chaotic nature of earth.

We can't predict the weather or an earthquake (yet). You know that it can happen but hardly where or when until it occurs. The most we can do is prepare. So if we are designed, we know that it's an imperfect design do to the necessity for us to constantly adapt even if presently we adapt artificially with technology.

I ask, If a design is fleeting do to the chaotic nature of the universe, then what is the purpose of a single unique design or plan? Can a single plan or method of design survive the universe? Is the world and are humans planned or are we and the world around us random?

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You have to begin at the beginning. Your trying to get to the finish line without even starting the race. So I ask you, do you believe this?

"In the beginning ? created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You have to begin at the beginning. Your trying to get to the finish line without even starting the race. So I ask you, do you believe this?

Let me ask you this, what is heaven(S)?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Let me ask you this, what is heaven(S)?

1st heaven= the atmosphere where birds and planes fly

2nd heaven= space

3rd heaven= ? 's dwelling place
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1st heaven= the atmosphere where birds and planes fly

2nd heaven= space

3rd heaven= ? 's dwelling place

So there's 3 heavens? I've never heard of the first one being considered/attributed the name heaven. It's a sky though, sky isn't heaven. The 2nd one CAN be considered heaven. We don't call it that though, we call it space. It's our universe, which consists of planets (and many other things). What is the purpose of these other planets and things in space? Remember, all of Gods creation has a purpose. NOTHING is by chance or coincidence (according to you).

Lastly, there's HEAVEN = (according to you) Gods dwelling place, and where we "go when we die". There's few here that argue there isn't an actual heaven or hell.

So which heaven do we go to if there's 3?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options

How about answering the question at hand instead of throwing your hocus pocus at me..

Do you believe or know that we and or the world is designed? If so is it a perfect design (or plan)?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So there's 3 heavens? I've never heard of the first one being considered/attributed the name heaven. It's a sky though, sky isn't heaven. The 2nd one CAN be considered heaven. We don't call it that though, we call it space. It's our universe, which consists of planets (and many other things). What is the purpose of these other planets and things in space? Remember, all of Gods creation has a purpose. NOTHING is by chance or coincidence (according to you).

Lastly, there's HEAVEN = (according to you) Gods dwelling place, and where we "go when we die". There's few here that argue there isn't an actual heaven or hell.

So which heaven do we go to if there's 3?

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--? knows. And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but ? knows--was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell." 2 Corinthians 2:2-4
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven

No you don't. You read about it in a book.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    How about answering the question at hand instead of throwing your hocus pocus at me..

Do you believe or know that we and or the world is designed? If so is it a perfect design (or plan)?

I know what I believe. Im asking you what you believe. Genesis 1:1, do you believe it?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No you don't. You read about it in a book.

I never knew George Washington either, but I read in a BOOK that he was the 1st president of the United States. Did the book lie to me?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know what I believe. Im asking you what you believe. Genesis 1:1, do you believe it?

I know things. I'm not much for belief. If evidence points me that why, i'll bite.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I never knew George Washington either, but I read in a BOOK that he was the 1st president of the United States. Did the book lie to me?

Plenty of other people knew and wrote about george washington. We have his signature. A country overseas with no allegiance to us can tell us about him. There is physical evidence and a grave. How about we talk about the flawed design of a perfect creator.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I know things. I'm not much for belief. If evidence points me that why, i'll bite.

So when you look up into the night sky, you don't hear ? speak?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Plenty of other people knew and wrote about george washington. We have his signature. A country overseas with no allegiance to us can tell us about him. There is physical evidence and a grave. How about we talk about the flawed design of a perfect creator.

there is 'physical' evidence of a Creator everywhere.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options

Just like there is plenty of evidence for George Washington, there is MORE THAN ENOUGH EVIDENCE for a Creator.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So when you look up into the night sky, you don't hear ? speak?

I see the night sky and i ask questions. I don't settle on what it is without seeing and understanding for myself. It is the nature of man the some would call evil.

Each star is as unique yet as unneeded as the next for the universe to exist. I ask is that a planned and if so is it a perfect one? I've answered your reaching questions so how about answering my question or at least tell me do you believe in intelligent design? Do you know it to be true with repeatable evidence? I'm not asking if you believe it was designed by ? or whatever. Does it have the characteristics of being a design? If so is it perfect?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    there is 'physical' evidence of a Creator everywhere.

You claim it to be from the creator with no physical evidence attaching it. That's hearsay. What is so special about this physical evidence other then the fact that it looks cool? Does a asteroid serve a purpose? It is physical after all.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I see the night sky and i ask questions. I don't settle on what it is without seeing and understanding for myself. It is the nature of man the some would call evil.

Each star is as unique yet as unneeded as the next for the universe to exist. I ask is that a planned and if so is it a perfect one? I've answered your reaching questions so how about answering my question or at least tell me do you believe in intelligent design? Do you know it to be true with repeatable evidence? I'm not asking if you believe it was designed by ? or whatever. Does it have the characteristics of being a design? If so is it perfect?

There is nothing evil about asking questions when you look up into the night sky. You were created by ? and He set eternity in your heart so that you could ask questions. Your just doing what comes natural to all humans. We all ponder the greatness of Al-Mighty ? when we stare up into the starry heavens. The heavens declare His glory and shows His handiwork, day after day they speak and night after night they pour forth knowledge. There is no voice or language where their voice is not heard.

And of course I believe in intelligent design. The heavens and all that is therein is held together by the word of the LORD. Do you know that ? calls each and every star by name?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is nothing evil about asking questions when you look up into the night sky. You were created by ? and He set eternity in your heart so that you could ask questions. Your just doing what comes natural to all humans. We all ponder the greatness of Al-Mighty ? when we stare up into the starry heavens. The heavens declare His glory and shows His handiwork, day after day they speak and night after night they pour forth knowledge. There is no voice or language where their voice is not heard.

And of course I believe in intelligent design. The heavens and all that is therein is held together by the word of the LORD. Do you know that ? calls each and every star by name?

There is more evidence that the universe came into being without the help of anyone. Isn't it as possible for the universe to exist on it's own then to have a all existing ? create it? The universe is universal hence all existing.

What is intelligent about the design? I'm asking honestly. What is this design attributed too? Is it a perfect design? Does a perfect design require evolution?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is more evidence that the universe came into being without the help of anyone. Isn't it as possible for the universe to exist on it's own then to have a all existing ? create it? The universe is universal hence all existing.

What is intelligent about the design? I'm asking honestly. What is this design attributed too? Is it a perfect design? Does a perfect design require evolution?

1. How is there more evidence that the universe came into being without the help of a Creator?

2. Why would there even be a universe if there was no Creator?

3. Everything that is in the universe points to there being a intelligent creator behind it. "The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens." Proverbs 3:19

4. Yes, ? created the universe and everything in it perfect. Why? Because He is perfect and He called His creation very good when He finished creating. "And ? saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Genesis 1:31

5. ? made everything after it's own kind, so no evolution is not necessary.

Plant life

"11And ? said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and ? saw that it was good." Genesis 1:11-12

Animal life

"21And ? created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and ? saw that it was good. 22And ? blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
    24And ? said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25And ? made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and ? saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21-25
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1. How is there more evidence that the universe came into being without the help of a Creator?

2. Why would there even be a universe if there was no Creator?

3. Everything that is in the universe points to there being a intelligent creator behind it. "The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens." Proverbs 3:19

4. Yes, ? created the universe and everything in it perfect. Why? Because He is perfect and He called His creation very good when He finished creating. "And ? saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Genesis 1:31

5. ? made everything after it's own kind, so no evolution is not necessary.

Plant life

"11And ? said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and ? saw that it was good." Genesis 1:11-12

Animal life

"21And ? created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and ? saw that it was good. 22And ? blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. 23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
    24And ? said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25And ? made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and ? saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21-25

Is any of this perfect? Is the grass that has to be genetically engineered in order to increase yield for an increasing overpopulation proof of a smart design? Is a planet playing tug of war with the potential to collapse do to it's position between larger bodies a smart design? Is a valcano that destroys civilizations just because of plates that float on top of lava a good design (scientist have pointed out that such chaos helped to foster life)? How about those asteroids that killed the dinosaurs? Why would ? play target practice with unsuspecting creations?
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited December 2010
    Options

.............You can say DNA is a blueprint for a growing functioning human. ............

Do you believe or know that we and or the world is designed? ................

The DNA/blueprint is one proof we are designed. Every living creature is a miracle of complexity,.... interacting with other creatures,... replicating,.....
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The DNA/blueprint is one proof we are designed. Every living creature is a miracle of complexity,.... interacting with other creatures,... replicating,.....

DNA replication constantly makes errors, resulting in diseases, retardation, deformity, etc.

Think about kids who were born ? . If that's ? 's handiwork, then ? is ? .
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2010
    Options

Thanks for at least getting on topic John. Maybe your not the old boy rapping weirdo that I accused yo of.

Now lets ponder this. Can DNA be considered a perfect design if it requires replication in order to adapt? If it isn't perfect, then what this this say about gods infallibility. Why not make a perfect design that does not require adaptation? What creates the need for adaptation or evolution in the first place? Evolution is not so much an instant change but the end result of humans that were able to survive things that killed other humans. The ability to survive in the Artic by artificial means tells me that naturally, our design was flawed and we could not do it without manufacturing something to protect us where as other animals did just fine (raindeer). Why not just make us adaptable to all weather from the start?
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for at least getting on topic John. Maybe your not the old boy rapping weirdo that I accused yo of.

Now lets ponder this. Can DNA be considered a perfect design if it requires replication in order to adapt? If it isn't perfect, then what this this say about gods infallibility. Why not make a perfect design that does not require adaptation? What creates the need for adaptation or evolution in the first place? Evolution is not so much an instant change but the end result of humans that were able to survive things that killed other humans. The ability to survive in the Artic by artificial means tells me that naturally, our design was flawed and we could not do it without manufacturing something to protect us where as other animals did just fine (raindeer). Why not just make us adaptable to all weather from the start?

? is not a man in the sky with a long, white beard. ? is not a man at all, and not a woman either. ? is sexless, ? is the Life Energy. ? is EVERYTHING; it is the Universe, it is you, me, the animals, the flowers, the atoms - everything that is. Because everything is energy. You are part of the Life Force or Life Energy, and therefore you can create your own reality.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If I didn't have particular beliefs, I would still lead towards design. I wouldn't know exactly how things would have been created but I would at least consider the "mechanics" of organic life and their functions. As far as perfection goes, is it truly up to us to determine what is perfect and what is not in respect to ? ? I believe that ? 's perception of perfection is totally different from what we think it is. We are constrained to the elements and circumstances of this world. We think perfection is a straight line; a perfect score; a winning streak...things we measure and it's nothing particularly wrong with it with respect to the things of this world. It is when we think that ? is confined by our standards is when we are disappointed.