New drug that blocks ? as it attempts to invade human cells!!!

Options
your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Aww ? ? bout to start going raw all the time a pick up a pill like the morning after one lol.

"The approach differs from most current antiretroviral therapy, which tries to limit the virus only after it has gained entry to cells.
The medication, called VIR-576 for now, is still in the early phases of development. But researchers say that if it is successful, it might also circumvent the drug resistance that can undermine standard therapy, according to a report published Dec. 22 in Science Translational Medicine.
The new approach is an attractive one for a number of reasons, said Dr. Michael Horberg, director of ? /AIDS for Kaiser Permanente in Santa Clara, Calif.

"Theoretically it should have fewer side effects [and indeed had minimal adverse events in this study] and there's probably less of a chance of mutation in developing resistance to medication," said Horberg, who was not involved in the study.

Viruses replicate inside cells and scientists have long known that this is when they tend to mutate -- potentially developing new ways to resist drugs. "It's generally accepted that it's harder for a virus to mutate outside cell walls," Horberg explained.
The new drug focuses on ? at this pre-invasion stage. "VIR-576 targets a part of the virus that is different from that targeted by all other ? -1 inhibitors," explained study co-author Frank Kirchhoff, a professor at the Institute of Molecular Virology, University Hospital of Ulm in Ulm, Germany, who, along with several other researchers, holds a patent on the new medication.

The target is the gp41 fusion peptide of ? , the "sticky" end of the virus's outer membrane, which "shoots like a 'harpoon'" into the body's cells, the authors said. The launch of this peptide is a first step in the virus's bid to inhabit host cells."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20101223/hl_hsn/newdrugstrategyshowspromiseagainsthiv

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    can it get u high
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That drug won't make it to the black community...waits for the recall in 5..4...3..2...1
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *goin raw from now on post*
  • KarolinaSouftoLACali
    KarolinaSouftoLACali Members Posts: 864
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ***Not to ? on anyones good dreams***

but dem ? cant even cure a ? cold and people still dyin from pneumonia.....and they wanna say that they can cure ? /aids

but whether its real or not, im still smashin pico raw
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

but dem ? cant even cure a ? cold and people still dyin from pneumonia.....and they wanna say that they can cure ? /aids

So death rates for pneumonia and ? /AIDS the same word?

I didn't know Pneumonia was a top 5 killing disease...care to explain how there is no "cure" for pneumonia?
  • KarolinaSouftoLACali
    KarolinaSouftoLACali Members Posts: 864
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So death rates for pneumonia and ? /AIDS the same word?

I didn't know Pneumonia was a top 5 killing disease...care to explain how there is no "cure" for pneumonia?

i never sed it was....but i jus threw sum random ? out there...shulda sed cancer or sumthin.....but how many other illnesses/diseases have an actual cure.....
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Awwwwwwww ? !!!!!!!!!!

2vae7w5.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bro-franklin-o.gif
    its a wrap (no rubber)
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I was just reading a article about how 2010 was the year the tide turned against ? /AIDS...some pretty good developments are brewing I hope the same can be said for Cancer....especially mpre novel and less invasive procedures for cancer.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I find this ? hard to believe. There's been many "breakthroughs" for AIDS but how will this ? go down ? The morning after you ? a chick who might have it, you go to the doctor and say "Doctor, hurry up and give me the pill before the ? gets inside of my cells ?"
    Considering that it's like millions of cells.... odds still look kind of rough.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is good. It's prolly mad expensive, tho. Medicine like this that is so imperative to keeping people alive should be dispensed at an affordable price, if not free.

the feds wont make any $ if it cures people. if it will slowly ? people and they have to keep buying it...thats what theyll do
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bro-franklin-o.gif
    its a wrap (no rubber)

brother franklin!
  • dpresidential
    dpresidential Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When looking at the actual rate of transmission x the harm to your health x how many people around you really have the disease = Genital Herpes is the worse of the two. <--Taboo way of thinking but going raw is like walking on the road on a dark stormy night: Chance of getting hit by car(herpes) chance of getting struck by lightning (? ) It could def happen...but chances are...

So when they create a cure for Herpes...expect the population to triple.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

somebody was cure from ? , but it was overseas. I think this happen probably about a couple months ago tho
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    raw Imma give it to ya with no trivia

raw like ? straight from bolivia