Top Ten Music Videos of 2010: KevinNottingham.com. What's yours?

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Essence
Top 10 Music Videos: 2010

This year has been pretty good when it comes to well crafted music videos. A lot of artists were able to create some dope visuals with the help of some great filmmakers such as Court Dunn, Digital Dan & Creative Control. Narrowing down all the videos to 10 was difficult but I decided to focus on ones that were unique and/or painted a picture of each song. Artists such as Stalley, CunninLynguists, Marco Polo & Ruste Juxx, Big Boi, Sean Price & Zion I all find their way onto our top 10 with their visual contributions. Hit the jump to see the complete lineup and let us know what videos not featured you enjoyed this year.

10. Sean Price feat Skyzoo & Torae -- Duck Down
9. Nesby Phips -- Word To These Bo Jackson
8. Dee-1 -- Jay, 50 & Weezy
7. YelaWolf -- Pop The Trunk
6. Big Boi -- Shutterbugg
5. Zion I -- Always
4. Stalley -- S.T.A.L.L.E.Y.
3. Marco Polo & Ruste Juxx -- Nobody
2. GhostWridah -- Release Therapy
1. CunninLynguists -- ?

An impressive list and definitely some video's there that I haven't checked this year, so without any more pondering, what's your pick for video of the year 2010?

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Yep. I liked the 'Shutterbugg' vid.

Kanye West seems to be the only one in the industry who has a dope vision when it comes to videos.

The 'Runaway' long video was dope.

Sadly, I didn't watch a lotta vids from Underground acts this year.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yep. I liked the 'Shutterbugg' vid.

Kanye West seems to be the only one in the industry who has a dope vision when it comes to videos.

The 'Runaway' long video was dope.

Sadly, I didn't watch a lotta vids from Underground acts this year.

Yeah, I still haven't watched that even though I copped the Deluxe edition of the album, I'm going to check it out at some point.

You should check out hiphoplinguistics.com and go through their back catalogue, dope for underground videos.
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Ok. Props.

No problem, did Zion I drop an album this year? I don't think that tracks from The Takeover, unless I'm mistaken...
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    No problem, did Zion I drop an album this year? I don't think that tracks from The Takeover, unless I'm mistaken...

Dunno. But I just saw the video and its aight.

Dude has that Mos Def flow sorta.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Dunno. But I just saw the video and its aight.

Dude has that Mos Def flow sorta.

You a fan of theirs?
  • elijahcraig
    elijahcraig Members Posts: 24
    edited December 2010
    I had not seen alot of these. HEAT. That Sean P video is so dope and simple. The Marco Polo/Ruste Juxx ? had me crackin' up. It's so random. The Yelawolf vid made me like the song even more than I already do. HEAT.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    I had not seen alot of these. HEAT. That Sean P video is so dope and simple. The Marco Polo/Ruste Juxx ? had me crackin' up. It's so random. The Yelawolf vid made me like the song even more than I already do. HEAT.

Dope list. I'm going to check his site more often. But I really enjoyed this video as well that isn't on the list:

The Ruste Juxx video made me laugh.
  • rip.dilla
    edited December 2010
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    You a fan of theirs?

Not really. You're the Don Dada when it comes to Underground cats.

Let me use this opportunity to hail you on the many artistes you've put me on. Kendrick Lamar being one of em.

Cheers dude.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Not really. You're the Don Dada when it comes to Underground cats.

Let me use this opportunity to hail you on the many artistes you've put me on. Kendrick Lamar being one of em.

Cheers dude.

Cheers Dilla, you're one of the best posters in The Essence though and without you, I'd be pretty lonely in here at times lol.

Glad you're into Kendrick Lamar though now, he seems to be picking up a name for himself over in The Reason now too, due to the whole Dr. Dre collaboration thing that they've got going on.

By the way, Zion I are a really talented group, they have an album called True & Livin' which dropped in 2005 and had this track on it, one of my favourites from that year:

Their album from 2000 also gets a lot of props, entitled "Mind Over Matter". But they recently released "The Takeover" in 2009 which was a sleeper album filled with funky beats. They're another top Westcoast group and have a new album out by the looks of things called "Atomic Clock". I'd recommend checking out their first two LP's along with The Takeover for more recent production.