IS IT TrUE THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF HELL?

DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Like, if you die and go tell hell...pending on what dirt you did on earth with determine the level/pain/tourture you will recieve when you go to hell?

I heard a pastor preach this once and wanted clarification because i was alway under the assumption that hell is hell.. Aint no lite hell or medium/heavy hell.....

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Like, if you die and go tell hell...pending on what dirt you did on earth with determine the level/pain/tourture you will recieve when you go to hell?

I heard a pastor preach this once and wanted clarification because i was alway under the assumption that hell is hell.. Aint no lite hell or medium/heavy hell.....

There are degrees of punishment in hell.

"47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:47-48

The great white throne judgment will determine the amount of punishment one receives in hell. But regardless, just being in the lake of fire will be punishment in itself. The smoke of the torment of every person who will be in there will rise forever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for anybody in the lake of fire. So the degrees of punishment is irrelavent. You don't want to go in there, PERIOD!