Options
2»

Comments

• radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    He started at QB for UNC for 4 years and took them to 4 bowl games.
    When he was in high school him and Carson Palmer were the top 2 high school QBS. Guess we found out who was better lmao.
    He was not quick enough to be a great point guard, and was not tall enough to be a power point, like Deron Williams.

Him, Julius Peppers and Jason Capel FTW in b-ball lol. (or FTL if you go by thier record)

lol yeah I remember that big ? Peppers playin bball too... yeah them ? used to make some exciting plays but lost a lot of games...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The first Mike Vick
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    UNC had a nice squad 00-01season, joe forte(who made a horrible mistake by leaving early), peppers, kris lang, curry,jason capel, and haywood....they could of easily made it to the final four, they just had bad coaching.......peppers was legit at basketball though, alot of people thought he could of easily made it in the nba......curry one of them dudes who should have just focused on one sport......as for AI ive heard about a million stories about this guy in HS and college, so its nothing new to me...But im glad he picked basketball cause football is an uncertain sport talent wise..
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    UNC had a nice squad 00-01season, joe forte(who made a horrible mistake by leaving early), peppers, kris lang, curry,jason capel, and haywood....they could of easily made it to the final four, they just had bad coaching.......peppers was legit at basketball though, alot of people thought he could of easily made it in the nba......curry one of them dudes who should have just focused on one sport......as for AI ive heard about a million stories about this guy in HS and college, so its nothing new to me...But im glad he picked basketball cause football is an uncertain sport talent wise..

I'll tell an AI urban legend. That play where coach talked about him telling the team he was gonna return the kick, and then did it, the next game,
    was the State Title game. Basically 80% of the starters got caught at a party smoking weed. The coach did not start any of them........except Iverson.
    He won the state title game basically by himself. Since he was the whole team, to not start Iverson would have been letting the team down because there
    was no way they could have won without him.

? like that is legend back in Hampton. Bubbachuck>>>>>>>>
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kwame brown is still in the L, but AI cant get a run???
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    yeah the alcoholism and attitude problems over the years has nothing to do with why a team doesn't want to sign AI

So you'd rather have Ollieor any other ? that you paying to warm the bench then someone who could actually contribute to your squad? ? ? still giving T.O. chances so why not A.I. that's some ol' ? ? my ?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    So you'd rather have Ollieor any other ? that you paying to warm the bench then someone who could actually contribute to your squad? ? ? still giving T.O. chances so why not A.I. that's some ol' ? ? my ?

i think with all his personal issues teams where scared away to commit to him, like when he went philly last season and left the team half way through......i think that was one the reasons he went to europe to prove to teams he can still ball and dedicate himself to basketball......I hope he makes it back though before he gets any older
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »

TO produces on the field still, just look at his numbers, AI's personal problems have affected his play on the court...he's talented but you're a damn fool if you think he was contributing to the 76ers last year
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Now, i am from this district in VA, an can vouch for when i was younger actually seeing AI play high school football and basketball.
    He was easily on the level in football of Aaron Brooks, Mike Vick (who i played against) and Ronald Curry (who i played against)
    I thought this little clip was pretty ill.

He was the best high school defensive back and kick returner i ever seen,
    and was probably the #2 or 3 high school QB i have seen in person.

I saw some great high school QB's in my years as well, including:
    AI, Brad Banks, Tim Tebow, Anquan Boldin, Ronald Curry (the goat), Mike Vick and others.

Which HS you go to?