WWE Signs Awesome Kong.

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
WWE is making a big addition to its Divas division -- literally -- as the company has signed former TNA Knockouts Champion Awesome Kong.

FanHouse has confirmed a story that was first reported by Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net.

On Wednesday afternoon, Kong had alluded to the signing on her Twitter page when she wrote, "My dreams just came true today. I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one."

Kong will stand out in the WWE Divas division as a big, ferocious woman rather than the picture-perfect glamour look of the typical Diva. She should be a great addition to the division as a strong worker at a time when the company is putting an emphasis on in-ring work from its women.

She had a successful run during her nearly three years working with TNA Wrestling. While there, she was a two-time TNA Knockouts Champion and was also a Knockout Tag Team Champion once.

Kong and current WWE Diva Gail Kim were mainly responsible for building up the TNA Knockouts division in 2007. The two had a memorable feud during that year which many times highlighted the weekly "Impact" television show and pay-per-view events.

This past January, she made news when she physically attacked backstage interviewer and radio shock ? Bubba The Love Sponge for negative comments he made regarding the Haiti earthquake relief effort. TNA management sent her home from the ongoing television tapings at that time.

She reportedly asked for her release at that point and was finally given it on March 22. It is believed that, as part of her release, she had a nine-month non-compete clause which is now expired.

There is no word yet on when Kong might make her first appearance on WWE television and what her name may be with the company. She is expected to go straight to either "Raw" or "Smackdown" and not have to first take part in Florida Championship Wrestling, the company's developmental group.

Comments