When you look at the lives of your older coworkers, do you like what you see?

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
If not, 2011 may be the year you should consider a career change.

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    not on no career ? but them old ? & birds made me think twice about marriage
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    not on no career ? but them old ? & birds made me think twice about marriage

we had a motivational speaker come to our office a few weeks back.

she asked everyone who had been married over 20 years to stand up. ONE guy did.

but this particular guy comes in early and leaves late. like 9 pm. i suspect he doesnt want to go home, until his wife is asleep. needless to say, he didnt sound very enthusiastic about his marriage when he spoke about it.
  • Black P. Stone
    Black P. Stone Members Posts: 176
    edited December 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=American.Loo;1825663

]If not, 2011 may be the year you should consider a career change.[/QUOTE]

Loo is that you for real?

Or one of them alias Chinese ROO?
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Loo is that you for real?

Or one of them alias Chinese ROO?

Yes its me.

And who is that delicious woman in your avi.

Please tell me you hittin that.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i see a bunch of country hicks who failed at life and have a false sense of what is "cool" and what is actually pathetic...
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I didnt when I was in tha military that's y I got tha ? out ASAP. They all look old, miserable, and all they wives were either cheatin on em or they was ugly ? . I mean, they was miserable as ? at work. Sad face all tha time, attitude problems. They only smiled when ppl ? up at work so they could make fun of them. Mexican port calls was the highlight of their life cuz they could pay for hookers.

Smh, no way n hell.
    I saw that too when I was there all ? was sayin is I got 5 yrs left and how they stuck cause of their kids
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bluprint wrote: »
    I saw that too when I was there all ? was sayin is I got 5 yrs left and how they stuck cause of their kids

stuck how exactly
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I didnt when I was in tha military that's y I got tha ? out ASAP. They all look old, miserable, and all they wives were either cheatin on em or they was ugly ? . I mean, they was miserable as ? at work. Sad face all tha time, attitude problems. They only smiled when ppl ? up at work so they could make fun of them. Mexican port calls was the highlight of their life cuz they could pay for hookers.

Smh, no way n hell.

LMAO.....truth.com right there man. Them old ass dudes be miserable......
  • bluprint
    edited December 2010
    Options
    They can't get out with all the chisup/ allomoney & lifestyle they are sometimes forced to stay
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is there anything more pathetic than a grown as man with money and a nice house trapped in his own misery?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    some yes. some no. i envy the one's who have lowered the expectations that other people have for them, so that they can get by just doing 40hrs a week, still getting the same pay, benefits, time off, etc... and still have a normal life outside of work.

I don't envy the ones who are so consumed in their retirement dates, retirement benefits, and how much longer they have to work until they can actually stop working; they'll realize that by the time they reach whatever magic number they are chasing, that they are too old and worn out and in too poor of health to enjoy their time and money. I dont respect that kind of life.

I don't envy the workaholics who put in 60+ hours, who seem to love work more than anything else in their life because they have already retired once and came back to work b/c they hated being around their wife all day long. these people dont work until 7 or 8 pm because they have to, they choose to because working gives them more satisfaction than actually living.
  • bluprint
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is there anything more pathetic than a grown as man with money and a nice house trapped in his own misery?

I got 1 being deployed with 1 while he ? bout his life. Make you wanna jump off the ship
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    I don't envy the workaholics who put in 60+ hours, who seem to love work more than anything else in their life because they have already retired once and came back to work b/c they hated being around their wife all day long. these people dont work until 7 or 8 pm because they have to, they choose to because working gives them more satisfaction than actually living.

I have to disagree with your last statement. I'm a firm believer in doing whatever makes you happy, as long as you're not hurting anyone else.

If one finds pleasure in their work, let them work.

Other than that, I agree.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    Options

Nope not many things....that ? is sad man.....dude got a benz, beamer and a bentley....and ready to ? himself....just shows you that money isnt everything......
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nope not many things....that ? is sad man.....dude got a benz, beamer and a bentley....and ready to ? himself....just shows you that money isnt everything......

i have a neighbor that sits on his porch every night, the look of life's regrets on his face is frightening.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i don't like what I see IRT to their personal lives. Married to fat broads, paying mortgages, hearing men talking bout they can't do XYZ cause of their wives. I'm like this can't be life
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Most people are brainwashed from the time they enter the American education system that working is everything....People are so consumed with attaining the "American Dream" that they are willing to sacrifice thier health, happiness and families to get it. Not this guy tho.....I never live my life with an emphasis on the dollar...yes i realize its necessary to survive in america but i dont let it run my life and dictate every aspect of it.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

u friends with lloyd banks?
  • American.Loo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    u friends with lloyd banks?

he possibly is. lloyd does look pretty miserable nowadays.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yes I love what I see

I love the type of law we practice and my goal is to get into law school soon

As a paralegal I damn near work an entire case.... just can't shine in the courtroom
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    i don't like what I see IRT to their personal lives. Married to fat broads, paying mortgages, hearing men talking bout they can't do XYZ cause of their wives. I'm like this can't be life

? that.....if my wife starts to put on weight...im telling her straight up.....if thats me being as ? then so be it.....she would would much rather me tell her to hit a treadmill than for me to say nothing and be ? my 20yr old snow bunny secretary named Becky....im just sayin yo......
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    he possibly is. lloyd does look pretty miserable nowadays.

Word? i thought that ? just always had that permanent droopy face.....
  • bluprint
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yes I love what I see

I love the type of law we practice and my goal is to get into law school soon

As a paralegal I damn near work an entire case.... just can't shine in the courtroom

what is your practice
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bluprint wrote: »
    what is your practice

Family Law
  • bluprint
    edited December 2010
    Options