When you look at the lives of your older coworkers, do you like what you see?

2»

Comments

• Aschooleric
    Aschooleric Members Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    Yes and No. Some of em got it made, beautiful wife and a perfect marriage. But some of em been married six times and they kids dont even talk to them.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I see possible suicide. I just got there in October, and Pat been doing the exact same job that I'm doing for 29 years
  • Black P. Stone
    Black P. Stone Members Posts: 176
    edited December 2010
    Yes its me.

And who is that delicious woman in your avi.

Please tell me you hittin that.

I can't say her name , she might buck 50 me, she's a Lurker

I can tell you that she is 5 feet 11 inche's tall , 165 lbs/ a lawyer/ black/ cherokee Indian/ apache/ puerto rican/ originally from Cheyenne Wyoming/ Now she Midwest

I thought it was one of yo Loo Aliases, them Jihad ? 'z
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    A very good question people need to ask themselves when picking a career. I like the way the game has played out for them. They're very inspirational for me. I just hope it last as long for me as it does for them.

I wanna be that ? with the nice house, grand kids, and a new chevy truck every year also.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i just hope im not 40 still at my job
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    It's hard to tell. I don't wanna be working at my job 20 plus years. It's a mixture but it's said to have high divorce rates. Some could not be job related.
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2011
    i think this can only apply to folks with JOBS

folks wit careers still got a shot at controlling they're own destiny

if you stuck at a call center,wal-mart, fast food or some ? ...this most likely applies to you

its like when you a teen and you got ya lil job and you could kinda care less because outside of work,,,life is still peachy
    then
    you got them folks older than you,prolly got kids, and they take the job all too serious. you jus dont get why they wanna work overnight and get an extra .50 cents. all the time they give you off handed remarks about "enjoy it while you got it"...

but as you get older,you see friends and/or family turning into these people and even worse..you jus might be one of these people
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

Imagine doing this for a career..................
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    i ride to work with a dude whos almost 60. and i study this fool as someone i dont want to be. hes got back problems and arthritis. hes in a marriage where him and his wife sleep in different rooms. he makes most the money but she controls it. on top of that hes an alcoholic and addicted to vics. hes been like a second pop to me but i sure aint tryin to end up like his ass at 60.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    D.Original wrote: »
    i ride to work with a dude whos almost 60. and i study this fool as someone i dont want to be. hes got back problems and arthritis. hes in a marriage where him and his wife sleep in different rooms. he makes most the money but she controls it. on top of that hes an alcoholic and addicted to vics. hes been like a second pop to me but i sure aint tryin to end up like his ass at 60.

Where'd he go wrong in ur opinion
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, I like what I see. I'm in a good place of work and only starting out so I would happily be doing the same in 20 years. Just depends on which country I'm doing it in.
  • D.Original
    edited January 2011
    Where'd he go wrong in ur opinion

first off he lived a rough life, hooked on herion and in and out of jail till he was almost 40. but i would say complacency is what made his life the way it is now. he dont have to be with his wife, dont have to drink himself to sleep every night, dont have to be doing manual labor at 60 but he doesnt do anything to change. so he stays stuck where hes at.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    my current gig is a good one to retire from, but that's not where I'm at in life right now.

what I've done throughout life tho, is to use other peoples' lives as benchmarks for where I DON'T wanna be, and then act accordingly...

Yeah, ever since I grew up around people who I knew would end up unemployed or on drugs, I always just stayed one step ahead of them, using education as something that would get me further ahead of the game and onward to getting away from where I grew up. Then it's the same with who you meet who are on the same courses as yourself, the ones who make the mistakes, learn from their mistakes and look up to the ones who are good role models who will get you to where you need to be.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    D.Original wrote: »
    he just needs weed in his life, is all. A good indica strain should relieve him of those pains, giving him a nice relaxing couch-lock body high right after a long days of work. Sit back, watch family guy and finally get to smile at his wife for no reason

Anyway, I dont' concern myself with those folks lives because I'm thankful enough to know better than to follow down that path. I plan to be semi-retired by the time I'm 35. Still gonna being doing work in my field because it's actually my passion. Contracting work more than likely though, ? a boss
  • D.Original
    edited January 2011
    Perfect wrote: »
    he just needs weed in his life, is all. A good indica strain should relieve him of those pains, giving him a nice relaxing couch-lock body high right after a long days of work. Sit back, watch family guy and finally get to smile at his wife for no reason

Anyway, I dont' concern myself with those folks lives because I'm thankful enough to know better than to follow down that path. I plan to be semi-retired by the time I'm 35. Still gonna being doing work in my field because it's actually my passion. Contracting work more than likely though, ? a boss

what work u do?

and dude is against smokin trees, i smoke and hes always talkin ? about it
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    work wise...yeah...they all enjoy what they do and don't let the job stress them out...i don't know or care to know about their personal lives